the Rift

For There Was No Other Army

Haidar Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
The portal opened, revealing a black and bottomless pit on the other side with a small dot of light. The night sky held twinkling stars and Haidar looked at it for a small second and sent a small prayer. He needed help right now for there was no way his tribe would win this war without help. They would be outnumbered and they would be crushed.

"Please let me return with the very forces needed to win." He lifted his trunk to the skies and walked forward into the portal. A tugging sensation filled his skin and with a crack, Haidar was propelled forward and thrown into some brush.

He lifted his head to see the portal closing. He shook his head and rapidly stood up on his large column legs. He excitedly looked around, expecting the literal cavalry to come.

There was no thunderous feat of a thousand elephants charging to come and save his tribe in the wars. There was no Chief coming to lend his army to them. There was no other portal opening to lead him back to his home. His facial features changed drastically and his ears flared with anger. His tail twitched and his trunk swayed back and forth.

"She lied! She lied! SHE LIED! They will all DIE now!" Haidar thrashed his large tusks at a thin tree beside him, knocking it down with a crash. He stomped his foot and looked to the skies, lifting his trunk. A loud trumpet like sound erupted into the air, signaling his defeat. He realized his mother had lied to him. Why? Perhaps to save him from the execution of battle.

He took in a deep breath and let it roll out, much like a thunderous rumbling train.

---
[He's pretty upset right now but he should cool down pretty quickly.]

"Haidar Talk."

Credits

Levi Posts: 270
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.1hh :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Ava
Levi

Again, the brute found himself trailing in the Threshold. But, even on this normal day, there was something different. Ears perked forwards to another unfamiliar voice. Then before he could even think to react… BOOM! A thunderous sound of crackling fell upon the earth and shook it beneath his hooves. Bewildered Levi had no idea what in the hell was going on. He had never heard such a thunderous sound before other than a roaring thunder in a storm. Still he could tell the sound of thunder apart from this horrible sound. It was like the terrain beneath him was crumbling Ears perked backwards and the silver reared backwards, grunting with confusion. Again, the stomping followed and the grullo could not bear to stand on the earth any longer. The shaking vibrations rose up his legs and he was starting to loose balance. With one strong flap, Levi was air bound, shivering a bit with fear.

A large silver figure raised its long nose to the air. A trumpet cry squealed in Levi’s drum. What was he? What was he doing in Helovia? Levi circled this creature, not knowing whether he should flee or stay. As much as he wanted to flee, if this creature was friendly, Levi figured he would make an incredible addition to the Throat. This creature would probably be the most invincible warrior the world would ever know. So, trying to put his fear behind him, Levi flew down in front of the creature, ears perked forwards as his looked up at the towering figure above him. If this creature decided to take one step on Levi, he would be squished and dead within two seconds. The stallion figured he should be nice and hopefully, this creature, whatever it was, would be nice back.

“Hello there,” Levi quivered “Might I ask if you are alright? There was a lot of banging going on and I became a bit confused on what happening…” He offered a smile. It was more out of amazement than anything. “What is your name?”

[Sorry that sucked :/]

@[Haidar]

"Talk talk talk."

Sacre Posts: 274
World's Edge Emissary atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 5 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Inari :: Red Fox :: Heal & Ríona :: Common Kitsune :: Electric imi
S A C R E

On a day of long thoughts and wandering, Sacre had once again strayed quite a way from home, his travellers heart always wanting to know more about the world in which he lived. Though in light of recent events he was significantly less curious and more withdrawn, his mind ticking over Roux, his parents and his situation in general. Big things for a wee lad to be pondering, but the dull beat of life thundered on and he needed to decide what it was he wanted to do in light of his new perspective. However, today was not the day it seemed as a sound so foreign pierced the air to the monotone thud of something rather large. Sacre's eyes widened as all sorts of possibilities ranging from evil monsters to gigantic aliens sprang to mind and he didn't know whether the pounding of his heart was from fear or exhiliration. Or both. His legs had spread wide apart in shock, chest heaving for a fare few minutes until finally he picked up the strings of his foolhardy courage and carefully picked his way through the claiming grounds shadaded by trees that shimmered in summer glory.

Upon approaching the boy saw legs like tree trunks and a pegasus hovering who looked tiny in comparison. On a normal day Sacre would have been excited and astonished to see his first pegasus up close, but the experience was greatly overshadowed by that of the thick bodied creature before him. What on earth was it?!

The winged fellow spoke first, offering smiles and comfort, the ebonite child unconciously drawing closer to him. Feeling a little safer nearer the pegasus stud before finally he stopped and glanced up, sucking in a sharp breath. Were those... Horns?! They were huge! Growing from completely the wrong area, in Sacre's opinion. The child didn't quite make it to the ears before speaking out of shock. "You're amazing! How did you get those?! Do you think mine will grow that big?" Oh, but if they did! Long and perfect ivory, his own was the wrong colour, but still. What a thought.

He smiled a beaming little boys smile and turned to the flying stallion. "You're a pegasus arn't you! I've never seen one of your kind before! I'm Sacre" he laughed. For once he acted more like the child he really was, his reactions pure and innocent, free from distress and troubling thought.

Whispers in the dark
Steal a kiss and you'll break your heart

There's something wretched about this
Something so precious about this

❚ Force permitted!
❚ Please tag me!

Unregistered
Haidar quickly looked up to the sound of flapping wings. What he saw was an equine-like figure. It resembled many zebras he had seen in its shape but nothing like its color. It was brown... and had wings! "Winged-zebra. No elephant chief. She still lied." Haidar was approached and could tell that the winged-zebra in front of him was nervous... scared. His body language reeked of it. Finally, the winged zebra spoke and Haidar listened.

Not much longer after that, Haidar's attention was taken to another creature that resembled the winged-zebra in shape. But he was smaller and had no wings. Instead, he had a horn, much like a gemsbok but it was small. "Horned-zebra know not of me. Know not of my kind. Either know? No."

Confusion filled the elephants brain but he soon voiced his thoughts in his own manner. "I am Haidar and I am fine. Who are you? Both of you? What are you? Where am I?" His deep, thunderous voice was growing hasty as he asked questions, eyes shifting back and forth to both of them.

Haidar was truly unknowing and he had the slightest clue. He could tell they didn't know what he was. The way the little horned-zebra looked at him made it apparent... but then again, he didn't really know what the winged-zebra was either. "These? Not horns. These are tusks. Long teeth. I am a Elephant."

--
@[Levi] @[Sacre]

"Haidar Talk."

Credits

Hidden Account
Ava
Levi

Levi stood in awe of this unknown creature called an elephant. In fact Levi did not envy much, but envied how large, powerful, and invincible he looked. Haidar, what the elephant called himself, would make the most incredible warrior. Levi’s fear was relieved as Haidar did not try and squash the pagasus like his thoughts told him he would. The silver smiled at the elephant and listened to each word that he spoke. Then he looked towards the energetic colt. Levi gave a chuckle to how enthusiastic he was. Oh, how joyous it would to be a foal again, to not have a care in the world and be so naive. Levi looked toward the colt with a smile and then looked towards the large figure above him.

Levi replied to the playful colt first because he addressed first. “Very good, Sacre, I am a Pegasus,”
Levi took a slight pause and smiled towards the friendly soul and then looked towards the elephant with the same smile. “Nice to meet you Haidar and Sarce. My name is Levi and you ,my friend, are in a place called Helovia. There are many regions in this land, and I reign from the Dragon’s Throat. The Dragon’s Throat is located near the center of Helovia’s center or heart, so it is a land of deserts. We offer ranking to the people who want to work and shelter, food, and water in general. We also protect the border lines of the Throat so that if a threat were to come we ensure safety to our welcoming members.”
Levi looked towards the pair again and smiled, waiting for Sacre to say where he was from, but Levi already had an idea of where he came from.

"Talk talk talk."

Sacre Posts: 274
World's Edge Emissary atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 5 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Inari :: Red Fox :: Heal & Ríona :: Common Kitsune :: Electric imi
S A C R E

His voice! Sacre's expression contorted into shock and awe, he was like something out of a dream, a sound powerful enough to wake the birds from their nests and send them flying. The boys legs had spread apart once again, his heart thundering, but eyes were glittering in excitement. What a story to tell Roux! Lobes twitched back and forth, catching each booming word and he giggled boyishly. "I'm not a Zebra! I'm a unicorn!" What on earth was a Zebra?! It sounded wild and wonderful, did he really look like something called a Zebra?! He saved the question for later as there was matters much more pressing, noting the brilliant beast's name to be Haidar and gaping at the word tusks. Teeth not horns! Sacre had never heard of such a thing, how could such long solid weapons be regarded as teeth? Surely he did not eat with them, it didn't look possible, horns was a much more practical name. The boy cautiously took two steps closer, his stomach fluttering "Ele...Phant?" He tried it out on his tongue, it was strange and foreign, but exciting at the same time.

It was the pegasus' who spoke then, introducing himself as Levi when Sacre turned to listen. He welcomed Haidar into Helovia and announced himself as a member of the Dragons Throat much to Sacre's intrigue, who had never met a Throat member before. The only other herd he had associated with was the Worlds Edge and they were an enigma enough for the boy who couldn't decide if he liked the misty land or not. However, there was far too much going on for Sacre to lapse into those musings again, though he knew he must make a decision one day of what he wanted to do with the new perspective he now had.

For now, he might as well learn a little more about the Throat land. "What rank are you, Levi? I've only ever heard of your home, I would like to see it one day... If I'm allowed." He added the last words gingerly, not knowing if it was okay for him to express such interest. Sacre turned back to the elephant then and nodded northwards with a huge smile. "I come from the opposite direction, in the land of snow and mountains there's a secret entrance into my herd land that I grew up in. We call it the Aurora Basin. We have lots of ranks too! And food and shelter... Though I'm not sure we have shelter for one of your size." He paused to giggle again before growing thoughtful, his gaze becoming questioning.

"I'd love to show you it Mr Haidar!" he beamed with excitement. Oh, but if only this creature would come with him, it wouldn't be just a story for Roux then!

Whispers in the dark
Steal a kiss and you'll break your heart

There's something wretched about this
Something so precious about this

❚ Force permitted!
❚ Please tag me!

Unregistered
Haidar fell into an silence that was quite eerie as he took in what the winged-zebra and the horned-zebra were saying. They were apparently called unicorns and pegasus... whatever the heck that was. Haidar finally took a large and gruff breath then looked at them both.

"It is a home? New home?" Haidar looked at them both again, eyes switching back and forth. "I get to leave if I don't like. Sacre, home sound nice. But... snow... I don't like the cold. Thank you for the offer." Haidar swished his trunk back and forth as his eyes went to Levi and his ears flapped again. "Levi, I will come with you."

=
Haidar is going with Levi to the Throat.

"Haidar Talk."

Credits

Hidden Account
Ava
Levi

Levi’s cranium bends to Sacre and then to Haidar. He was enjoying the duo’s company and listened carefully to what each of the two were saying. A grin fell upon his lips as Sacre tried to say the world el-ephant. He was the most adorable colt Levi had ever seen, and truthfully the soldier had a soft spot for foals. The way the Basin stud was so naïve made Levi realize how innocent one could truly be. If only everyone could be as kind and welcoming as this young one. And maybe the Basin could learn a thing or two in manners from this young fellow.

When the colt’s speech was addressed to him, the grullo turned his attention towards Sacre. “I serve as a Sergeant my good fellow,” His tone was proud, but not arrogant. And then his face slumped to a frown. He wished so badly that Sacre could come and visit with he and Haidar, but… after everything that had just occurred in the Basin, it just was not the time for him to see the Throat. One day though, Levi was sure that Sacre would be allowed in as long as he was not trying to get information. But the problem with that is, once he got older, he could become rasict and then might only want to go to get information. Looking towards the colt with a sigh Levi waited a moment to collect his words. “Sacre, one day I promise you may come and visit,” Levi was unsure if the young one knew of the invasion. “Right now, the Throat is having some...uh... trouble, but I promise that one day I will come to search for you and I will come and take you to see the Throat, sound good?” He offered the smaller one a smile and then turned his attention the Haidar.

“Your wish is my command Haidar, we shall leave whenever you please my good sir.”

[I'll make a recruiting thread for @[Haidar] and once everything resolves, Levi can hopefully show Sacre around the Throat ^^]

"Talk talk talk."