the Rift

[OPEN] » sparks

Irrydae Posts: 111
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: Seven
paddeh

irrydae.</style>

Dear Evers,

It's been half a year since you left. Not exactly half a year. 2 more weeks will mark half a year, but exact days do not matter. I thought I might have been getting better but then I realized how long it's been and I really, really miss you. And Rita, too. How old is she now? I would love to make more butterflies for her. But I can't. Sometimes I do and imagine her chasing after them like that day. But it only makes me sad because it gets harder and harder every day to remember your voice, to remember how soft your muzzle was when it brushed me. I try to not even think of your name, but it doesn't help. I can't even remember those days after the herd meeting. The first thing I remember is stumbling across all of the Gods, only to witness them disappear. The sun, the stars, the moon all left and didn't come back for a very long time. All I had was my own stars to guide me.

After you left, it seemed like everyone else did too. First Ophelia and Osiris. I think the whole herd didn't know what do do for a few days. Eventually Ktulu, Archibald and Circe left too. We're falling apart, Evers. There is no more Grey. Apollo and Phaedra lead us now. Our numbers are dissipating quickly and I can barely get myself to the Threshold anymore. When I do, I must have the worst luck, because no one ever comes home with me. I keep hoping that I might find you, like how you found me, in the Threshold.

My mother would tell me I am being silly. That you aren't worth my tears and pain and sorrow. But hell yes you are. She might even say I was being stupid for being so depressed, especially after all this time. And I'm honestly trying to get better, but I can't. I can't help but feel this is my fault for over reacting that day and I am so sorry. I just want you to come back already.

So I woke up today and I guess the realization of how long it's been dawned on me. And it made me really sick to my stomach and my heart hurts. I've hurt for so long I don't even now what 'hurt' is anymore. Everything is just numb. After I finally collected myself I got up and walked out of the Foothills. I didn't run. I didn't fly. I just walked.

Slowly, very slowly - I don't know how long it actually took - to Helovia's Heart and stared at the flames for awhile. There was a time I stayed far away from it's edges but now I stand right on the edge, golden hooves slightly hanging over the edge. The whole time I thought about us. And I thought about what I would say to you if you came back. I honestly don't know if things would go back to normal, or be better, or be worse. Truthfully I think the source of my pain is starting to become anger. I don't want to be angry at you though. I'm angry at myself for over reacting. I haven't ever experienced emotion before, and when my mother died and told me she loved me for the first time I over reacted then too. I'm messed up, okay, I'm so very sorry. I'm so sorry Evers.

I wonder what it would be like to jump into the flames. Maybe then relief would come.

Love always,
Irrydae

talk talk talk"
[ ooc ; i assume replies after this will be normal, just want to start this way... open to everyone! ]
 spin around me like a dream...
c@rlijones @ flickr.com
[Image: wu5k41.png]
please tag irry in every post! magic & aggression allowed w/o death

Tingal Posts: 110
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17 hh :: 9 years HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
dark
      Tingal
      I walk a lonely road, on the boulevard of broken dreams.

I shiver and stretch, my spine growing for maximum stretch. I rise from my cat nap, my maw gaping open to show pointed white daggers. I close my eyes, blinking before slinking from my corner in the Heart, stretching my legs as I walk. Blinking my eyes, the world is a blur of odd color. Shaking my dark locks, I let out a grunt as I step forward, my bones crackling. A shiver swept over my spine as I crept forward, my green gaze sweeping over the Heart.

What?

Squinting, I force my eyes to adjust to the ever blinding light. I make out a spot of purple and brown, white tassels flowing from the blob. Striding closer, I begin to see the details of the blur, the sleek figure of a familiar mare. Stepping forward, I see her gold hooves teetering on the edge of the Heart, the bubbling lava beneath her. She looked as though she was going to jump, to cause a purposeful fault in her step and slide down the edge, rolling to her doom. I step even closer to her, matching my position with hers, my large hooves teetering over the edge.

"Irrydae? You looked troubled.." I whisper, my words full of worry. I flicked my ears back and forth, reaching my nose forward to touch hers in a friendly, reassuring manner. I prepared for her to pull away however, as most will when I try to aid them. "Tell me... what ails you? I felt my heart reach to brush Irrydae, the girl of stars. My heart was downed upon sighting her saddened appearance. I worry for her, she looks far too unwell.

I felt my spine quiver again, my hair standing on end as I suddenly see the Girl of Stars, replaced by my own mother, her heart held low. She has her head down, her familiar blue sapphires appearing darker than usual, her soul absent. Her curved face holds a great deal of depression, her tears staining her cheeks. I am brought to the scene where mother had explained of her feelings, of her pain and heartbreak. Something in my heart twists and turns, bringing me to an emotional moment. "Mother.." I mutter, my lip quivering. I watch mother fall, her body limp. She died... I tell myself, my mind echoing her sorrowful weeping. Back to present, Irrydae stands in place of mother, lingering over the edge.

"Talk"
MoonsongStock | table by Tay

i am a king
and the world is beneath me