the Rift

[OPEN] Wayward

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali

I listened to my voice as it echoed through the underground cave that I had found, my ears erect and my body so tense that my muscles actually started to ache. I could hear hoofsteps moving toward me and in the dim lighting I could just make out the shape of someone much bigger than I was and, of course, I wished that I had Ros here with me at that point. How was I supposed to know if whoever it was that was approaching wasn't some carnivorous underground cave horse? If I could have done so without hurting myself I would have kicked my own ass for speaking and drawing him in closer.

He stopped and I breathed out, realizing at that point that I had been holding my breath because I was scared. I could admit it. I wasn't too proud. But now I could see him and I examined his face, his mouth mainly, and didn't see any sharp fangs sticking out of it and when he spoke I didn't see any sharp teeth hiding behind those dark lips. I flicked my tail against my legs and shifted my weight so I could take a step back. I tried to be subtle about it, but I don't think that I was completely.

Oh well.

"Hello." I said again and only grew more annoyed with myself that my voice still sounded weak. I cleared my throat softly and tried again. "Hello." That was better, I didn't sound like a puny little scared filly. "I'm Ranjiri ... Who are you?" I wanted to ask if he knew what the place we were in was, but then I thought better of it. Why ask a question that would make him know that I didn't know where I was? If he had any thoughts about hurting me wasn't it better if he thought that I knew where to run and hide?

On another note, by this point I knew why Momma always looked a little tired. It was hard work being suspicious. I much rather being friends with everyone.

"."

Image Credits

@[Desperado] @[Aud]

aud pixel!

Messages In This Thread
Wayward - by Desperado - 11-10-2013, 07:52 PM
RE: Wayward - by Ranjiri - 11-11-2013, 09:52 PM
RE: Wayward - by Desperado - 11-12-2013, 10:18 AM
RE: Wayward - by Ranjiri - 12-04-2013, 01:44 PM
RE: Wayward - by Desperado - 12-19-2013, 01:35 PM