the Rift

[JUDGED] Get Off My Block [Oxy x Colt]

Colt Posts: 68
Hidden Account atk: 3.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14 hh :: 5 years HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Dark

WAKING UP TO ASH AND DUST
WIPE MY 'BROW AND SWEAT MY RUST

Gravel grinds between her teeth as Colt's jaws snap shut, the taste of iron frustratingly weak amid the sour mud. Though, Colt is not without some bit of retribution; the sound of her kick connecting with his bone did sing sweetly. Knowing better than to grin outwardly, especially when the behemoth still held a beating heart, she nonetheless felt an exalt of joy rush through her.

Would Ricochet be proud now? Would he finally praise her? Surely this giant was a worthy opponent, and undoubtedly his death would be of assistance to the world.
If only he would actually die.

The body shifts at her side, his pain driving him into a speed she cannot match while her balance remains askew from the buck. She jerks her head around to snap at his side in a feeble attempt to drive him away from her, already realizing moments too late why he is moving ass first.
"Stupid girl!" the Incendiary's voice cracks in her mind, the lash of it as blinding as a bolt of lightning breaking behind her eyes. "You forgot the horns!"
No, she wanted to tell him, shaking with a gripping fear and equally a quiet rage that seemed directed inward but was only ever aiming for him. There was nothing more she could say though, the blasted dunskin and his dog be damned, it was her fault. Trying to come up with a convincing explanation otherwise only ended in the words being twisted around into some failure on her part.

And now her time to plead was up, assuming she'd even had a moment to spare.
She hadn't.

"FUCK!" she bellowed, the whites of her eyes echoing her urgency just as the tip of Oxy's right horn entered the layer of flesh covering Colt's right flank. An unearthly squeal wrangled itself from her nose while her body twisted involuntarily, each nerve cell seeming to fire off of its own accord, ever fiber of her being cringing with the expected agony. Her system was in a panic, driven beyond the point of self preservation in this moment. She was haunted by the memories that painted her into this situation. She could taste the ash of Isilme on her tongue, drying out her screams so that they forced to bead out on her neck in a sweat.
Please father, give me another chance.

Colt's body writhed to the left, her haunches automatically firing out in a buck, though the right leg was severely limited and mostly useless, but hopefully, blindly, the left one might strike the beast's skull. Along the way a small pebble was kicked up, nonequivalent in power to her normal choice of bullet, but still something - it'd feel more like an airsoft if it did strike skin.

The act of bucking combined with Oxy's continued force sheared a red line on her dark hide as his horn erupted back out another end, it's length easily snapping the cords of her hide. He just barely scraped into the beginning of the musculature, but he may as well have struck bone for all the pain she felt, the leg rendered useless as fire and blood alike engulfed it.

All she could think was to get away. This was supposed to be a clean and easy kill, in and out before dinner. It soured fast, but at least a bruise or two she could have ignored, as could have anyone.
Now?
Now she was scrambling just to hold the trigger steady and hoping she'd get another meal, assuming the herd didn't toss her out when she walked in with one hip blood-red, pretending it was the latest fashion. They'd see right through her - she was never one to trend.

Oxy was thundering and blundering behind her, collapsing forward like an avalanche rolling in murderous intent down a mountainside. Colt didn't dare look back but kicked forward as much as she could manage, her coup clobbered a few times by his bulk as he followed just on the cusp of her flight. Her panic made her foolish, she knew, but with Ricochet's laughter in her ears and the agony snapping at every stride her senses were numb to reason. Colt tried to lose him between the trees, another rock or two kicked free and sent firing off with her magic, each more wildly aimed than the last and each progressively lower.
Warning shots more than anything.

Unfortunately they ricocheted, and the echo they left sounded desperate in the woods.

A: 3/3
D: 0/1
W: 775/800
[Image: 5518a658038f0]
The Equine Empire wants YOU! Assuming you refers to an equine.
Join the movement.

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Messages In This Thread
Get Off My Block [Oxy x Colt] - by Oxy - 11-11-2013, 12:30 AM
RE: Get Off My Block [Oxy x Colt] - by Colt - 11-26-2013, 05:31 PM
RE: Get Off My Block [Oxy x Colt] - by Oxy - 12-17-2013, 09:31 AM
RE: Get Off My Block [Oxy x Colt] - by Colt - 12-20-2013, 02:32 AM
RE: Get Off My Block [Oxy x Colt] - by Oxy - 12-23-2013, 04:13 AM
RE: Get Off My Block [Oxy x Colt] - by Colt - 12-24-2013, 12:17 AM
RE: Get Off My Block [Oxy x Colt] - by Oxy - 01-04-2014, 03:01 PM
RE: Get Off My Block [Oxy x Colt] - by Colt - 01-08-2014, 09:59 PM
RE: Get Off My Block [Oxy x Colt] - by Official - 01-19-2014, 02:59 PM