the Rift

[OPEN] Step 1; "A place to rest"

Tamlin Posts: 40
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 2 years
Rover

With his black cheek against the dry earth Tamlin heard someone approaching - or rather; he felt it. It started as an ever so slight current through the ground. Like almost undetectable vibrations. At first the vibrations seemed senseless, but soon a rhythm took form and with it came the first faint sound.

Hoof beats.

His breathing had begin to slow down somewhat and his pulse wasn’t roaring in his ears anymore. But the colt had still not recovered from his sprint and the reality of his bold plan took a hold of his brain. What if he was forced to fight? Tamlin hoped that whoever was coming had a weak mind and a soft heart - which was very likely judging of what he knew and thought of the peace-loving-scum that had taken over his beloved kingdom. If he could he would erase them all now; soak the ground with their blood, litter the forest floor with their bones and hang their hides in the trees of the World’s Edge!

The colt noticed that he was firing himself up and that was most dangerous at this uncertain moment. He had to be focused; he had to be a scared, tired colt seeking refuge. He closed his eyes and visualized what he would say and how he would act. He replayed all the times had had been feeling scared and hoped that the memories would send a look of fear to his features. The first step of his plan unfurled before his mismatched eyes and everything went perfect; now he just needed to do it for real.

The other came closer.

Words soon broke the silence and traveled though the hot afternoon air. Tamlin let his ears twitch at the sound and slowly he opened his blue eye. Through a blur he saw a painted stallion, dunskin and white with angelic wings attached to his sides. As his vision cleared he tried to remember if he had seen this face in the fray of the Battle of the Edge - he thought not.

Focusing on the slight ache in his muscles, increasing the pain it in his mind, the black colt gathered his legs under his emaciated body. He unfolded his front legs raising his forequarters off the ground with a grunt, but there he stayed; in an awkward sitting position. If the other one should attack he would have no chance, but Tamlin was already playing a very dangerous game. Between his still heavy breaths he spoke: ”Ple… ase… sir… don’t… hurt-“ However he was cut short when his eyes met the great glass wall.

Tamlin’s jaw dropped and he was completely thrown off track by what he saw. How could the Plague ever hope on breaching this monstrosity?! It seemed that his plan really was the best way to go under these circumstances. The colt’s determination to succeed grew even bigger.

Collecting himself he reinstated the look of fear in his eyes when he turned to the painted pegasi stallion. ”Please sir, I only need a place to rest and regain my strength. The wilds have been unforgiving this year and I fear that I will lose the battle. I only ask for a few weeks within your protected borders. Please.”

Tamlin
the blood-flower prince

@[Miykael]
he sows in blood

Permission to use violence and magic against Tamlin at all times granted

Messages In This Thread
Step 1; "A place to rest" - by Tamlin - 11-11-2013, 01:54 PM
RE: Step 1; "A place to rest" - by Miykael - 11-17-2013, 08:20 PM
RE: Step 1; "A place to rest" - by Tamlin - 11-18-2013, 06:52 AM
RE: Step 1; "A place to rest" - by Aaron - 11-20-2013, 08:45 PM
RE: Step 1; "A place to rest" - by Delinne - 11-21-2013, 04:38 AM
RE: Step 1; "A place to rest" - by Miykael - 11-21-2013, 05:47 PM