the Rift

[OPEN] Step 1; "A place to rest"

Delinne Posts: 232
Hidden Falls Curiosus II
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 hh :: 15 Buff: NOVICE
Dezba :: Black Jaguar :: Stormcall Ina
Oh, Azzaron, where the fuck are you?
The Edge's forests welcomed my dark shape with a warm embrace using the many branches of the trees and brushed lightly against my black coat. To my disappointment, the sun shone strong on this day, even if the forest gave away a cool shadow. This was a nice change of terrain after my journey from the Dragon's Throat. Azzaron had not been there, and that mare - Africa, I believe it was - had not even seen him there.
I stopped and suddenly wondered if he had even tried to go there. Didn't he care about his family? About... Me? What if Mauja had been right on the Meadow a year ago? Maybe Azzaron had never truly loved me, just the idea of loving me. I mean, he had only been there on his son's birthday. After that, my little golden gem never saw his father again. These thoughts hurt my head a little, so I decided to continue into the herdland I would soon have to say goodbye to. Was it even worth it coming here, just to be thrown out again?

Voices made me stop, and I nervously flicked my ears to locate the direction that the voices came from. Dezba yawned and moved a little on my back, rising up to stretch and see what the fuss was about. Her black spotted tail swiped over my lower back and rump, calming me if only just a little. 'Thank you, my desired,' I thought and I felt a wave of calm from the little cub in reply. As quietly as I could, I sneaked forward and looked through the branches to the little glade. My whole body froze and I stared at the pair with wide-open eyes. 'No... It can't be.' The bigger of the pair was a pegasus, a slender tobiano stallion with white wings who looked like he was just a little younger than me. I didn't recognize him, but why would I? I hadn't exactly spent a lot of time in this place. The child on the other hand... I knew him better than I should do.
He was Mauja's first son. I didn't remember his name, but I remembered seeing him around a few times back when Mauja lived here. His coat was pure black with a blanket of snow upon his rump, and his mismatched eyes gave it away that he was a royal-blooded. One hazel eye - probably from his dam - and one icy blue like his father's. His horn was as black as his coat, except for the fact that the tip was frosted by ice.
Oh God. Why was he here? Where had he been? The colt had an awkward shape to his body, so I guessed that he was a youngling, not older than 2.

As I stood there, I decided to listen to their little conversation. As I had just gotten there, I hadn't heard the tobiano's questions but I certainly heard Mauja's colt. "Please sir, I only need a place to rest and regain my strength. The wilds have been unforgiving this year and I fear that I will lose the battle. I only ask for a few weeks within your protected borders. Please." Oh, what a little rat, huh? Was he trying to sneak into this land of memories? My concentration bubble bursted as I watched an equine join the pair. I recognized this one and gasped soundlessly as I figured who he was. Aaron.
Why wasn't he still in the Foothills? Now that I think about it, a lot of horses that I had seen there was here now. The brown-patched stallion spoke as he entered the scene, his voice was much deeper now. Aaron had grown, that I could see clearly.

"You are safe. No one here would hurt you without cause." He said as he walked into the glade and I followed him with my blue eyes. He had a little dog with him, though. It was one of those... Hellhounds. The hellhound was white with tail, legs, ears and a small diamond upon it's head in a garnet color. It also had a marking looking like a bandit mask in the same color.
Dezba pawed my withers and I glanced back at her. Her electric eyes sparkled with curiosity and I knew how much she wanted to jump down from my back and greet these three horses in front of us. 'No, my desired,' I thought and looked forward again. The cub's aura sent a wave of disappointment and irritation at me, but it didn't take long until it was warm and loving again.
"I'm afraid neither of us have the authority to allow you to stay. That will be up to one of the leads. Alanna and I will be glad to stay with you until a meeting can be arranged. I don't believe we have met. I am Aaron, and this is Alanna." My thought had been confirmed and I took a deep breath before I took a step out of the shadows.

"Hello, younglings." I said as I took graceful steps closer to the three colts. Even if the dunskin tobiano wouldn't exactly count as a colt as he looked way older than Aaron. Dezba sat with a straight posture upon my back, looking down on the other ones. I wasn't the tallest one, or the strongest built, but I was at least the oldest one. Slowly, my gaze fell upon the little unicorn child. "Where is your father, frost-child?" I wasn't afraid of this child, even if I held grudge against his white father. My cub pawed impatiently on my withers, but I tried to ignore it. I didn't want to take my eyes off the child at the moment. Though I had to, because I had to look at the others while I greeted them.
"Hello, boys. I am Delinne, and this is Dezba." I glanced at the jaguar and she purred happily.
My blue gaze directed itself to the child of Frost. "Why are you here? Why did you come back?"

"Found a thin red line of madness."

ooc: MUSEOVERLOAD.
word count: 1026
tags: @[Tamlin] @[Miykael] @[Aaron]
DELINNE & DEZBA
[Image: 23hlgsp.png]
We will always be a team, no matter what.
Remember?

Please tag Delinne in all posts. Attacking is not allowed without my permission.
Want to meet Delinne? Post in this thread c:

Messages In This Thread
Step 1; "A place to rest" - by Tamlin - 11-11-2013, 01:54 PM
RE: Step 1; "A place to rest" - by Miykael - 11-17-2013, 08:20 PM
RE: Step 1; "A place to rest" - by Tamlin - 11-18-2013, 06:52 AM
RE: Step 1; "A place to rest" - by Aaron - 11-20-2013, 08:45 PM
RE: Step 1; "A place to rest" - by Delinne - 11-21-2013, 04:38 AM
RE: Step 1; "A place to rest" - by Miykael - 11-21-2013, 05:47 PM
RE: Step 1; "A place to rest" - by Tamlin - 11-22-2013, 05:10 PM
RE: Step 1; "A place to rest" - by Lace - 11-23-2013, 04:09 PM
RE: Step 1; "A place to rest" - by Aaron - 12-02-2013, 12:20 AM
RE: Step 1; "A place to rest" - by Tamlin - 12-11-2013, 05:09 PM