the Rift

[OPEN] Step 1; "A place to rest"

Miykael Posts: 136
Outcast
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 11 :: Birdsong
Eliana :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Rottie
Miykael has always had a kind heart and a trusting soul. These traits were unflappable in him; could not be erased or changed regardless of all that he had been through. His past is rife with pain, sorrow and death - of rampant greed and misguided intentions. Perhaps that made him weak but he didn't care. In truth, he felt stronger for it. Miykael never took broken trust to heart but instead he used the information to discover the weaknesses in others. Perhaps he would experience less sadness if he were more closed off, more quick to judge another soul or instantly distrust their intentions but then he wouldn't be the same, would he?

The Pegasus stallion looked the colt over and quickly determined that he would be fine with rest and food. Miykael is visibly relieved; glad for the news especially because his healing magic disappeared the moment he left Nocturne. When the colt shifted and grunted, pushing himself up to a sitting position; Miykael could not help but be concerned. Taking a single step forward, he is quick to react. "Whoa! Wait, kid. Take it easy. You're safe now." He says, urgently attempting to set the colt at ease then, after a brief pause he adds, "You really ought to rest."

The colt's breathing was still labored when he first attempted to plead with Miykael but his words were abruptly cut off. Miykael waits patiently, allowing the colt to take his time to respond. After a moment, the colt seemed to regain his composure. 'Please sir, I only need a place to rest and regain my strength. The wilds have been unforgiving this year and I fear that I will lose the battle. I only ask for a few weeks within your protected borders. Please.' he pleads and though it touches Miykael's heart, he is powerless to grant the colt his one wish. Just as he is about to respond, a voice sounds from nearby. Miykael looks in the direction the voice had come from and there a painted stallion - with a canine like creature - emerged from the trees.

'I'm afraid neither of us have the authority to allow you to stay. That will be up to one of the leads. Alanna and I will be glad to stay with you until a meeting can be arranged.' the stallion spoke to the colt and in the brief silence that followed, Miykael remained silent. He had no reason to speak - there wasn't anything he could add - so he simply nodding in agreement. Miykael would stay, too, if the younger one wished. It was then that the other stallion - younger than himself - spoke to him. "It's a pleasure, Aaron and Alanna. I'm Miykael. I've only just joined the Edge." A brief silence once again settled over their little gathering and, truth be told, Miykael felt a little out of place - though he hid it well. In being new to Helovia, the dunskin tobiano was unfamiliar with the activities that had occurred in the past and the connections that are present amongst the residents. The Pegasus didn't flinch, didn't miss a beat. Instead, he simply focused on the moment.

Just then, movement from the trees of Helovia's wilds reached his ears. His blue eyes shift from the two near him to find another approaching. This one was a mare with a feline upon her back (the idea of companions is still new to him and the creatures still catch him off guard from time to time). 'Hello, younglings.' she says as she moves closer. Miykael takes no offense to the title - even though he simply hadn't aged past six this time. Although, he couldn't help but to wonder how he would age now. Leaving Nocturne had changed so much in him that it was difficult to tell what remained. It was apparent by the way the mare spoke that she, one way or another, knew the colt. She seemed reluctant to pull her gaze away from the colt in order to introduce herself. When she did, it didn't take long for her to shift her attention back. While her attention remains on himself and Aaron, Miykael dips his head slightly and briefly in greeting. "Delinne, Dezba. I'm Miykael." and, after a brief pause, he simply states (in reference to the colt, of course) - "You know him."

m i y k a e l
your eyes, they shine so bright; i wanna save that light

image credits
[Image: mikey_by_moonstone_designs-d9dgnba.png]
icon base: Bronzehalo :: from Nickel <3

permission for all except death and dismemberment.
** please tag miykael in replies **
replies slow? check here for status updates.

Messages In This Thread
Step 1; "A place to rest" - by Tamlin - 11-11-2013, 01:54 PM
RE: Step 1; "A place to rest" - by Miykael - 11-17-2013, 08:20 PM
RE: Step 1; "A place to rest" - by Tamlin - 11-18-2013, 06:52 AM
RE: Step 1; "A place to rest" - by Aaron - 11-20-2013, 08:45 PM
RE: Step 1; "A place to rest" - by Delinne - 11-21-2013, 04:38 AM
RE: Step 1; "A place to rest" - by Miykael - 11-21-2013, 05:47 PM
RE: Step 1; "A place to rest" - by Tamlin - 11-22-2013, 05:10 PM
RE: Step 1; "A place to rest" - by Lace - 11-23-2013, 04:09 PM
RE: Step 1; "A place to rest" - by Aaron - 12-02-2013, 12:20 AM
RE: Step 1; "A place to rest" - by Tamlin - 12-11-2013, 05:09 PM