the Rift

[OPEN] Guilty, Filthy Soul

Luneia Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
L u n e i a
Maybe I'm just crazy, Or the Devil got inside.

Lune did not look back for one second, everything she needed, she had and all that was dragging her down, left behind. The fae needed a new start, to stop wallowing in all her sorrows and focus more upon herself and the little foal that needed her. She trudged onward, heading due North-West. The marsh was just not a place for her to be right now. Too much anguish and memories lingered there for her to cope with, especially when she had a new little something to care for. All her focus had to be upon Memphis. Though that was hard when she could barely keep up with her. Lune paused and turned her gaze back, only to find the pathway empty. Darkness begged to fall upon them both now, The sun just lingering above its vanishing point. Panic stricken, the mare glanced around, eye's wide with fear, how could she loose something so precious to her. Quite easily apparently. Maybe she wasn't made out for this, especially when she kept loosing her.
Luneia headed back down the ominous path, a walkway lined by tree's, their farthest most branches reached out, linking together with the opposite sides. An archway. Swallowing heard, she pressed onward, a gentle call escaped her pink lips. Her steps somewhat nervous. Even if the place was more open than a forest, it just felt odd, like an evil spirit lingered here, waiting for the fallen, to snatch up and take. If anything happened to her little Memphis, she could not forgive herself for it. Rather her own life than Memphis'.
They had to keep moving forward, if she wanted to keep him of her trail. Whether or not she felt something for him, She wasn't risking her child's fate. So to have to backtrack, only made her worry more for their lives.
"Memph, where are you honey" her voice was soft and caring for once, not bitter and sarcastic. The intricately painted Fae trotted forwards, her thick legs carrying her slight overweight bodice with ease. She called out into the salty sea air, though they be far away from the beach yet, she could still smell the brine lingering in the air. The tree's weathered and grey from the harsh winds rolling of the ocean. Barks striped almost bare, adding to that almost haunted feeling.
The more she searched, the less hopeful she became.

"Talk talk talk."

[[OOC: Please wait for me to post Memphis before joining :P And i know this one sucks so bad, trying to post to get muse ;_; ]]

Memphis Posts: N/A
Unregistered
[Image: 2aalcll.png]
“Don't curse the darkness but light a candle.”

My legs struggled as I attempted to stand. My mother begged me to get upon my feet, her nudging was not helping my un-coordinated legs. Only adding to my feeble attempt. I stood, but my legs screamed in protest, dumping me upon the ground once more. It shouldn't be this hard to stand right! So I tried my hand at it once more. Finally able to stand, I was pushed onward; by a nose to my butt, rather unpleasantly. Just to make me walk. So I did, be it a little unbalanced, for my legs just did not want to co-operate with me at all. My back legs were stiff and a little tight, perhaps from being coop up inside mother. I don't really know why, just its rather awkward to walk, But I do so with a little help at first, getting easier the more I move, or so it felt that way.

The pathway was somewhat even, though just the smallest decline or increment of height, I fell to my knee's. Mother hadn't even seen me fall, she just carried on her way, smaller and smaller she became. I cried out for her, though my voice was just too meek to make much of a racket. She would not hear me, But i cried out for anyway. I was alone in the dark.. I don't even know where I was, but my eye's just could not see a thing. I panicked. Stumbling as i attempted to get back upon my hooves, only falling back upon my side, the breath was knocked from my weak body. So I lay in something spiky, but soft, I didn't quite know what everything was yet, all I knew was my mothers face, her voice. And it was nowhere to be heard.

The longer I lay in waiting, the more cold I became. My body began shaking, I couldn't control it, make it stop. I just wanted my Mother. Where was my Mother! My face started to feel wet, my vision blurred. I called out to her again, scared, hungry and cold. I just didn't know what to do.
"Ma!"

talk talk talk,
356 words

Shajake Posts: N/A
Unregistered

Matters would condense into issues, becoming a plague for those that existed as exciles between walls held in by steel bars and high gates. Whether it was simple to believe that he had something caress his mind or not, it became worse than the mind games that told him lies and caused more trouble than they were worth over the years. Long ago he shut down his life sentence and attempted his last meal, gave up and let himself be dragged to the electric chair, taking the final steps that make the body fall apart with guilt, shame, and fear for what was to come of their soul after a series of jolts of electricity filtered out the acknowledgement of his death and left his body bewildered to the fact that he was dying. The brain was never aware of it's death, the thought pattern burned out with the first blow. For while the rest of the body is taken apart and fired, the man within the case that becomes an eternal coffin finds relief where it was not to be found.
He finds his relief within his daughter, for after he leaves the marsh, wanders off to find what is now strung across his neck and bouncing limply on his left shoulder blade. Glass would protect the bright eyes, light weight steel holding it into place with a death grip that strangles the worn leather. Two circular place at the end of the mask each held a hole for breathing, and when his breath was to pass through them, the weezing noise that followed suit was nothing but a spinal chilling tune that made bones rattle within their coffins. Light fading and the night setting in, before long he'd slip it on to find it useful inside his personal gas chamber.
Air heavy with salt, the scent eroding his nostrils and bringing discomfort to the now fast feeling wound, the head mounted upon a wounded neck swings low and the leather strap that holds his mask loses grip. The headset locks cold fingers to his face, the single ear upon his skull moved about without complaint. It cared just as much as the stallion did, going with what came now. The Sun was fast losing grip when he heard calls, becoming ghostly whispers that faded off to the roar of wind and waves. Naturally, it was a beacon for the gravedigger, who would come about to visit those that were dying and build their coffin, and then drop them into the earth. Death was brought forth by the man with the gas mask, his voice deep and crackling like nails on a chalkboard, escaping the confines of a horror lost in time. For those eyes would glow in the night, they gave a good view to the depths of radioactive hell.
Yet for those like himself and The Unknown that wanted a dying creature, there wasn't a treat, only a trick. In the end, Scinfaxi was the one out of the equation that came out pleased. Shajake led them upon Memphis, who lay in the grass near the sea, alone.
Instantly, the man found anger within a bag of jambled up emotions and drew it out like it was going to bring a torturing death upon his most hated enemy. Even for him, his child being left alone, clearly screaming for the unnamed mare that was her mother, anger was all that was needed to explain his new-found hatred for that mare.
"S... Shhh.... Da.... Dadd..... Daddy.... Sha.... Shajake..... Here..." A voice that he carried could never comfort a child, for when the dark noises broke out from behind a leather mask that looked like something from the gate of hell, nothing will bring comfort to a soul. His balance is just as well as a zombie, a corpse that stumbles around looking for food, he backs up and slings his head about in each direction trying to remove the mask. Scinfaxi frowns, shaking his head as the madman tries so desperately to free himself. It comes off at some point, flying down his neck and scraping dirty finger nails across his wound. There isn't even a notice to that pain that errupts the nerves and causes The Unknown to laugh. Any child would be frightened, but Memphis was Shajake's precious child, she'd be different if he got his own way.
He arrives back to her, lowering his head as the mask rests itself awkwardly caught on his withers. Green eyes twinkle in the fading light with curiousity as he notices she has his eyes, though both of her's bright though only one matching him. He knows where the other one comes from pretty well.
"Say..... Safe..... Da.... Daddy... Shajack key.... keep.., du... sayfe....."

Image Credits

Luneia Posts: N/A
Unregistered
L u n e i a
Maybe I'm just crazy, Or the Devil got inside.

Mismatched eye's searched vigorously, for the misplaced young one. For such a thing to happen was unforgivable, how anyone could loose their own child was beyond me. But Luneia seemed to do so, rather well. Perhaps she hadn't intended on this to happen, she wasn't exactly all their in her head. Voice's took over, they controlled the little painted lady. And now she'd lost her own child through self misfortune.
The mare headed back along the way she came, it was the only possibility. Ignoring the fact of someone stealing her right from under her nose. That was not something she would lightly allow. Nope, if anyone in their right mind stole her little love child, they'd know about it. An emotion that ruled her life began boiling inside of her, slowly brewing hatred; the worse kind you could possibly think off.
Thats it, hate everyone, hate the world, destroy.. destroy destrooy! The mare shook her head, attempting to removed her clouded judgment. She began fighting the voice plaguing her mind, now with child, she had to create a decent role model for her. And praise the lord if her father ever even tried corrupting her, she'd commit the highest treason. The mothers bond with their young was something very indescribable, whether one shows it or not. Love happens in all amounts of crazy, good and bad.
Lune pressed on, heading back towards the furthest north end of the marsh, a place she did not want to go back too. The mare prayed that Memphis had stayed still and not wandered. All she needed was to find her foal stuck in the muddy shores of the deadly marsh lands. A soft nicker escaped peach tainted lips, a gentle call for a frail body, hoping to pick up on some form of reply.
Nothing.
Not even the sound of bird song, the place too quite it was scary. The atmosphere reminded her so much of him. The silent mad man. The muscle caged with in bone bars, skipped a beat. Could it be him? Was the one she loved, other than Memphis here? had he come for her? Had he finally come to finish the kill that didn't happen. He couldn't.. could he? Not in front of Memphis. That wouldn't be right. But the man had the ability to do such a thing. But was that what scared the little mare most. No. Loosing him was her biggest fear. Loosing anyone in that matter. She'd already lost too much in her life already. And loosing Memphis was not an option. Even if that meant succumbing to death herself.

"Talk talk talk."

@[Memphis] @[Shajake]