the Rift

white bones and black souls

Vulture Posts: 44
Deceased
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15'2 :: 5 Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
[Image: 2nq65o0.png]

Vulture

He had the eye of a vulture –a pale blue eye, with a film over it. Whenever it fell upon me, my blood ran cold

I am galloping, and have no intentions of stopping. I need to get out of here, I need to leave this god forsaken rock. I know the entrance, so I’ll be using it as my exit. I’m almost positive that those two dictators that call themselves leaders will probably try to hunt me down, the don’t strike me as the type that appreciate deserters. That matters little, as long as I get the hell away from here.

My breaths come in ragged and short, I am tired, I have been running for far too long. As much as I don’t want to, I know that it’s for the best. I stop for a moment, and allow myself to catch my breath. Images flash through my mind, the little filly staring up at me with sheer terror, pleading for me to stop. I give out a long sigh, but then I scent others. A snicker escapes from my mouth. Why not give some strangers a bit of a start? I look like a wild beast, especially with the blood staining my body, and the feathers embedded into my tail. Maybe I’ll stick around a bit longer, just to check out these strangers. Hell, maybe I can drag this stranger back to the Asylum just to make that bitch Eris shut her mouth.

I silently walk through the trees toward them, my eyes narrowed. Soon I see two, not just one newcomer, but two. A package deal has all the more appeal to it, I can maybe get that red psycho queen off my back. Leaving Helovia has lost it’s appeal in the prospects of making Eris eat her words.

“Welcome to Helovia,” I call to the two as I step out from the trees. “The land in which it is socially acceptable for strangers to approach strangers, you happen to have entered the Threshold. Which can also be known as the place of solicitors, inhabitants of this land come here with flowery words to convince you to come with them to their herds.” My tone seeps with sarcasm, and I know I most definitely am far from the ideal welcoming committee. Eloquence is not my specialty, brutal honesty is. That’s what everyone deserves in my opinion. Why give them false expectations?

I wait for a long moment to see how these two will react. Are they mad enough to fit in amongst the blood lusting crazies of the Asylum? The first way to find out is to observe their reaction to the blood upon my flesh, if it proves to unsettle them I will just be on my way, no reason to waste my time on the mundane.

“I am Vulture,” I throw this out there, “And obviously I’m one of these solicitors, and if you’re one of us, our home is more than willing to accept you… We only accept, well, certain types of individuals.” Let them interpret that as they desire, but I think they can probably figure it out rather quickly.

"blah blah blah."

and so by degrees – very gradually –I made up my mind to take the life of the old man, and thus rid myself of the eye forever.

Image Credit

Messages In This Thread
white bones and black souls - by Hecate - 11-12-2013, 10:03 AM
RE: white bones and black souls - by Helleborr - 11-12-2013, 08:42 PM
RE: white bones and black souls - by Vulture - 11-15-2013, 01:25 PM
RE: white bones and black souls - by Hecate - 11-16-2013, 05:32 PM
RE: white bones and black souls - by Helleborr - 11-16-2013, 07:46 PM
RE: white bones and black souls - by Vulture - 11-16-2013, 08:43 PM
RE: white bones and black souls - by Hecate - 11-16-2013, 10:43 PM
RE: white bones and black souls - by Helleborr - 11-16-2013, 11:27 PM
RE: white bones and black souls - by Vulture - 11-17-2013, 02:22 AM