the Rift

[OPEN] Strictly business, of course

Shadow Posts: 153
Deceased atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14.2 :: 8 HP: 63 | Buff: ENDURE
Chan

Shadow
It is not in the stars to hold our destiny, but in ourselves

Just as she had hoped, it didn't take long before someone poked their nose out from the depths of the forest. The shadow slipped away from her place and donned a pleasant smile as she tripped towards the painted face, lavender eyes studying it with catlike sweetness that was as genuine as the sky was green.

"Ah, finally, just the one I was looking for" she lied effortlessly and spread a raven wing in a slightly over-dramatic, whimsical greeting. "Nice to meet you dear, I am Shadow from the Dragon's Throat. My darling sultan sent me to talk to your leaders, or if they are too busy then the head of your.. hm.. informants... Do you think you could help me?"

The blissful smile she offered would have given her toothache if she'd seen it herself, and there was little doubt that Midas would have laughed his tail off should he have come across the raven right now. It didn't matter though; this was part of the job, and a safety measure for the inky bird. She would be loath to let any but her closest family know what she really was like, so she donned a different mask for every person she met. Sooner or later they would likely clash, it was inevitable - but when that happens, no one would be able to figure out which face that had been her true one.

It didn't hurt to build a reputation of being hard to grasp, either. So the black swan kept smiling until the muscles of her cheeks hurt, knowing that despite the feeling of being fake her outward appearance seemed genuine enough; the epitome of a young, ditsy mare who didn't take her job too seriously and would rather ogle the rumps of the soldiers than think a serious thought. Shadow had met plenty of them; hopefully she would never end up actually becoming one. The thought alone made her suppress a shudder of disgust.

image credits
table by whit

BronzeHalo.deviantart.com HP: 42
Healed

Messages In This Thread
Strictly business, of course - by Shadow - 11-12-2013, 10:19 AM
RE: Strictly business, of course - by Kahlua - 11-21-2013, 11:41 PM
RE: Strictly business, of course - by Shadow - 11-22-2013, 12:13 AM
RE: Strictly business, of course - by Kahlua - 11-22-2013, 11:13 PM
RE: Strictly business, of course - by Shadow - 11-25-2013, 09:50 AM
RE: Strictly business, of course - by Kahlua - 11-27-2013, 02:59 AM
RE: Strictly business, of course - by Shadow - 11-30-2013, 05:30 AM