the Rift

[OPEN] with all them wolves about; Colt

Gabriel Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

"Afraid of decision, I buried my finer feelings in the depths of my heart and they died there."

Not a god, then. Or, if she had ichor in her veins and not blood, she disguised it. There were stories of such things – gods who would reward you with a boon, if you found them. It would be useless for Gabriel to have such a thing happen; it had been such a long time since he had wanted anything at all.

When she startled he took a step back, muscles bunching and tensing, wary of her reaction. He knew what it was to be surprised, especially when you were wandering alone, and the mare moved like someone who was no stranger to defending herself at a moment's notice. Not eager to fight, the red stallion only waited, allowing her to size him up (only fair, as he was doing the same), relaxing only a modicum when she spoke.

“Maybe I was just surprised to find somebody with the same number of appendages I have,” he said, with a funny little half-smile. Gabriel was not prejudiced, not necessarily – or not yet, anyhow – but it had been weeks since he'd kept company that didn't have wings or horns. The grulla wasn't the equine he'd been hoping to find, but it was nice to find one nonetheless.

But he knew, too, the need to be alone; and if this wasn't a solitary place then there were none. With a demure dip of his head, he spoke again, coffee-dark eyes watching her face for the subtle play of expressions. “I can leave you, if you wish. I can't be the only one who came here to think.”

He expected her to agree – the type of person who came all this way, unaided by wings, was the type of person who deeply valued solitary time – but perhaps she wouldn't. Perhaps she believed in fate in a way that he did not.

@[Colt]

gabriel

Messages In This Thread
with all them wolves about; Colt - by Gabriel - 11-12-2013, 01:03 PM
RE: with all them wolves about; Colt - by Colt - 11-15-2013, 12:55 AM
RE: with all them wolves about; Colt - by Gabriel - 11-19-2013, 01:19 PM
RE: with all them wolves about; Colt - by Colt - 11-26-2013, 04:31 PM