the Rift

[PRIVATE] Field trip to winter [Konstantin]

Konstantin Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
My heart was a sea in a storm: each bleak, treacherous swell breaking with an icy chill against its hot chamber walls. Seeing Alysanne frown, I softened, eyes widening guiltily. "Nononono, I didn't mean-."

I could not put to words what I saw in the pair of us; it would be as good as a confession. How does one describe the races through deep forests, the laughter, the volumes worth of words we shared in perfect silence, the blood and bruises and meticulous care? Had she ever woken up in a cold sweat, entrenched in a persistent nightmare? Perhaps she had.

A warrior queen bent upon my destruction showed me that people are complicated the night she protected me so fervently against Fire's madness. My brother and I are no different; nor is Alysanne.

Never let them see the damage.

I leaned into the painted mare's gesture, inviting the touch. Sasha might have been aloof and reserved, treating every touch but mine with something not unlike suspicion, but I shared myself far more readily. A long time ago - when I broke us - I stole his warmth and so much else from him. She would not smile at me that way if she ever learned even a few of my sins.

At least I could be thankful for her ignorance.

"Think nothing of it," I reassured her, reaching out lightly to tousle the feathers of her near wing and flashing an easier smile than before, "I'm being silly. It's just wonderful that you're here." It wasn't a lie. "Sasha is so very fond of you."

Messages In This Thread
Field trip to winter [Konstantin] - by Alysanne - 11-12-2013, 09:44 PM
RE: Field trip to winter [Konstantin] - by Konstantin - 11-14-2013, 12:22 AM
RE: Field trip to winter [Konstantin] - by Konstantin - 11-18-2013, 03:58 PM
RE: Field trip to winter [Konstantin] - by Konstantin - 11-27-2013, 06:10 PM