[PRIVATE] Here's to bad parenting
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme
OPHELIA
A lifeless face that you'll soon forget

A gray pegasus mare was lying in the sand, and she looked hurt, helpless. An expression crossed Osiris' face that could only be emotion, deep feeling and perhaps even love. Despite his own injuries, he ran to her aide, whispering her name, but Ophelia did not hear. She felt empty and unworthy, silly and foolish. And to mirror her feelings, she let a brief power overtake her body, turning her as invisible as she felt. The wind on the ocean had taken her hair like a banner for no one to see.

Ophelia opened her eyes and stared sadly at the beach, remembering her childish love for the half-wolf. Now, she remembered the stallion fondly, but then? Embarrassment and hurt had made her stomach turn to churning ulcers. She realized that her feelings for him were not romantic, but she had not been only or wise enough to know that then. He was a good friend, a protector, and she wished him love. She just knew that his future did not contain love with this strange, broken creature.

How long had it been since her heart was unburdened enough to dance in the water? To run across the sand just to feel the wind in her mane? Such actions seemed folly now, laughable, but she could not deny the pounding in her heart that told her to run. A half-hearted smile crossed her lips as Tinek soared and dived in the sky, coaxing her. The smile cracked into a grin, and she laughed. "All right, fine, you win," he chuckled.

Ophelia trotted to where the sand turned firm, just at the top of the length of the crested wave. She picked up an easy canter, alert and forward until Tinek shot forward. Phi chuckled and shook her head before launching into a sprint. She was a lanky, long and pale blur against the blue ocean, slender legs churning in a delicate way even at full gallop. Her cloven hooves easily kept her balance, and moments later, she slowed to a trot, breathing heavily.

The mare looked up at the dragon and smiled. "Thank you, Tinek," she murmured. Ophelia watched as the sun started to very slowly begin its descent over the horizon, setting in the west. The thundering sound of the ocean soothed her, and she picked up her traveling walk again, heading into the unknown.

Image by Twistyh-stock @ DA

@[d'Artagnan]

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

d'Artagnan the Nightshade Posts: 364
Aurora Basin General atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17hh :: 12 HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Aramis :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire & Superspeed imi
d'Artagnan the Nightshade

Beach. d'Artagnan loathed the beach. He failed to see the beauty in it and often came here when he wanted to vent, he found the ugly waves argued well when it came to the height of his voice. All he saw was salt and water, the sun bouncing off the sand making him wince at the intensity; he also hated Tallsun. Hooves followed paws, Aramis loped on ahead with his red tipped tail lashing from side to side in what d'Artagnan could only describe as annoyance. "What's the matter with you?" The former mender inquired, his voice amused to see the hound in such a manner, Aramis was normally quite reserved. It's going to take me forever to get all this sand out of my pads, Sir his bonded complained in his usual blunt toned manner which sent his glass horned friend into gales of laughter. "I pray for your sanity" which earned a glare from the hound who had slowed his pace to move alongside d'Artagnan, shouldn't you pray for your own sanity? The pair gazed at each other for mere seconds before both bursting into harsh laughter, the mood lightening a little.

It was then that Aramis stopped his gleeful chortles as ears, nose and eyes shot ahead to the strangers in the distance. Heckles rising on his shoulders and red markings coming alive, he clawed at the surface to get ahead of the Nightshade who stopped his own laughing to frown in confusion. Strangers, though familiar? Horse and flying reptile d'Artagnan took in the information and peered ahead, he knew many enemies with flying reptiles though the closer he got the more he could make out a horn. You know how to handle this Aramis he nodded to the dragon before turning his attention to the increasingly familiar horned figure. Sir! Aramis dropped his pace and locked his eyes onto the sky, the Nightshade had very few good meetings with dragons.

Upon closer inspection d'Artagnan was surprised to recognize Ophelia, the mare who took such a disliking to him that day in the Basin for his treatment of Mesec. He wondered what this mare was to him, an idol? A mother figure? He knew for a fact that Kou had loved that boy even when she didn't have to, he knew he had failed him in many ways as a father, but the shade was not one to be told about his own parenting skills by a mare he barely knew. So he offered her a double edged smile, stopping before the sea, hooves still firmly on the sand. "What a thing to find you here" his low voice sounded amused, eyes briefly rolling skywards before returning to her pale features with a grimace "A free world I suppose... Ophelia was it?" He was pretty sure that was her name, but one could never be too sure, especially when it came to names. d'Artagnan always struggled with the names.

[sorry for the wait tamme! <3]
Credits: Image by Tamme

my heart’s an endless winter
              filled with rage

Use force at your own peril ;) please tag me!
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme
Ophelia the Forsaken

Tinek's keen, crimson eyes spied the interlopers before Ophelia had even the chance to come down off of her physical high. Still, the silver had been hiding when the pale mare had gone into the Basin. She had told him that she had to appear a full blooded unicorn for her own safety, but he recognized the stallion from Ophelia's memories. The wolf-creature, however, was news to him, and the dragon opened his maw, forked tongue vibrating as he tasted the air and thus the scents below.

"Phi..." he said, calling her attention to the image ahead.

The mare frowned, easily able to discern the identity of this stranger from the unique material of his horns and the strange marking on his side. Ophelia's gait did not change as she approached, his body interrupting her parallel trek across the beach. The carefree attitude dropped like a stage curtain, closing off everything beneath and leaving only the cold, callous shell she had tried to hard to create. Well, she had to admit that it was easier to assume with d'Artagnan, since Mesec's words in her head brought her such righteous anger.

Despite the caustic nature of his smile, Ophelia did not return the gesture, not interested in even pretending to play nice. Ophelia raised a brow at what he said, her body stiff as she glared, jaws clenched. What was he doing so far south? Didn't he have business terrorizing everything in the snow? Ruining more childhoods? Causing more undue stress about appearances with wings?

"That is my name," she replied coolly. "I did not expect to see you so far south," she returned. "Why are you here?" What would bring him so close to the World's Edge? Did this have something to do with the invasion that the... strange pegasus had alluded to? Was Gaucho and his snake not quite as mad as they seemed?

Ophelia stood her ground and Tinek came to land across from the hell-wolf, his fully aged, silver body at his maximum weight and height. Though perhaps not as tall, he was long, lean and covered in armored scales. The dragon curled his back, arching his spines and curling his talons into the sand, crimson eyes trained on the hairy... horned... smelly dog creature.

Credits: Image by Del-Rae @ DA

@[d'Artagnan]

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

d'Artagnan the Nightshade Posts: 364
Aurora Basin General atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17hh :: 12 HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Aramis :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire & Superspeed imi
d'Artagnan the Nightshade

How tense she seemed to be. Yet, d'Artagnan couldn't blame her, their last encounter wasn't what one would call 'pleasant'. He wasn't sure how many of his aqquantainces could call meeting him or any other racist unicorn 'pleasant', the world was such a disappointment that way. He wondered, for a moment, if she was going to set her dragon on him who landed opposite Aramis in all his silver glory. Like a newly awakened fire the red markings on the hound's body began to glow a chaotic blood hue as drool soaked, angry lips curled back to reveal sharp, white teeth accompanied with a cold, skin crawling growl. Pointed tail lashing from side to side. d'Artagnan laughed as he met Ophelia's gaze, if she wanted a fight he wouldn't deprive her of one, but that wasn't what he'd travelled 'so far south' for.

"To relax at the beach, why else would I be here?" It amused him that they immediately thought he was up to no good, a fair guess and probably correct most days. Today, however, the poison lover and his hound had simply gone to the beach. For no particular reason, sinister or not, at all. His gaze turned sceptical then, his conscience niggling at him to keep looking at the dragon. Alongside beaches, the Nightshade also hated dragons. For good reason too. "It might come as a surprise to you, but I don't always want to spend my life freezing my balls off." Indeed.

On the contray, d'Artagnan wasn't planning on visiting the cold mountain of his former home any time soon, they were perfectly fine without him. Another Time Mender would come along, not half as good as him obviously, and take up the mantle of healing. d'Artagnan had become sorely tired of that title and the plague had all but disappeared.

"Don't worry little Ophelia, I'm not here to take over the beach." He shuddered at that, who would ever want to live on a beach?!
Credits: Image by Tamme

@[Ophelia]

my heart’s an endless winter
              filled with rage

Use force at your own peril ;) please tag me!