the Rift

read my life in the scars

Kou Posts: 93
Aurora Basin Mare
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.0 :: 4
ali
 Kou</style>

"Mauja?" The pale nurse's voice carried through the forest. She could have sworn that she heard Mauja's voice echoing through the woods, but could it be her imagination playing tricks on her? It had been seasons since the pale king had disappeared. How long had he been gone, anyway? It was since before the Edge had taken her and her two young sons captive and that had been before the Basin's failed invasion. Naturally, she had wondered about it. Would the invasion have been successful if Mauja were in their ranks? Would he be able to rally the troops in ways that Psyche had been unable to?

Kou held no ill will against the fallen Empress, nor did she hold any ill will toward the disappeared King or the new leaders that had risen to claim their thrones. But she had not pledged herself to them. She had pledged her loyalty to Mauja and Mauja alone. Following Psyche had been purely out of respect for the stallion that had chosen the dark mare to lead with him.

"Mauja?!" She called again when she heard his voice yet again. Her heart thrummed within her pale chest and excitement worked its way through her veins as she became confident that he had returned. Cloven hooves carried her carefully through the forest, but as her excitement turned to anxiety all care was forgotten and she began to crash through bushes, ignoring the way they tugged at her tail and the tree branches that slapped against her neck, shoulders, and face.

Finally the nurse came upon the very stallion she had been seeking and she skidded to a stop, her hair flying around her face before settling on her neck in wild disarray. Kou blinked and stared at Mauja, taking little notice of the stallion that was with him. "You're back." She said as a smile lit up her face.

"."

Image Credits

Messages In This Thread
read my life in the scars - by Mauja - 11-14-2013, 04:09 AM
RE: read my life in the scars - by Kou - 11-14-2013, 12:15 PM
RE: read my life in the scars - by Mauja - 11-16-2013, 03:06 PM
RE: read my life in the scars - by Frost Fyre - 11-16-2013, 03:29 PM
RE: read my life in the scars - by Torleik - 11-19-2013, 07:07 PM
RE: read my life in the scars - by Kou - 11-19-2013, 08:41 PM
RE: read my life in the scars - by Mauja - 11-22-2013, 05:31 AM
RE: read my life in the scars - by Frost Fyre - 11-27-2013, 11:05 AM
RE: read my life in the scars - by Torleik - 12-04-2013, 04:01 PM