the Rift

[OPEN] Slumbering Angels

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin
If anything, the girl needed a mentor. She needed somebody to walk her through the confusing parts of life, to teach her how to think about things, how to know when there was danger, how to be aware of your surroundings, how to figure out who to trust and who to watch with wary eyes. She needed a teacher for a lot of things. Unfortunately, finding a teacher with the patience of a saint might prove a task for the girl. And besides, Kahlua wasn't exactly looking for a mentor. Useless as she was, she was quite pleased with herself for all she had accomplished. And maybe one day they would discover her ruse and banish her from the work that she had completed, but until that time she would live her life like the happy soul she was, content to be foolish and young at heart, but happy each morning when she woke anew.

As he began to answer her question, she watched him, a strange rush of feelings filling her heart that she should have been watched over so carefully by the painted stallion. If he sounded like her brother, then certainly he was acting like the good brother she had never had. Though to think of the stallion's feelings as brotherly would be strange at best. I was quite worried that you... that you had hurt yourself. She hummed contentedly for a short moment, stepping forward as he stepped back, reaching her nose out, trying to touch him once more, a friendly motion, thanks for a job well done. Thanks for a job he had not needed to do, but had done anyways. “Thank you,” her voice more at ease than it had been in the past few moments.

As he offered his shoulder, she make to step alongside of him, touching him but not leaning against him. It would be rude to place her weight on the stallion in all his weariness, tired though she still was, for he had suffered too, working with her all the month and then not even sleeping when he should have been exhausted. Her heart went out to him and she opened her mouth to speak, though he managed first. I need lessons you know, and she bobbed her head as he finished, a self-important smile brightening her face at his compliment. A more humble soul would have told him that she was the only craftswoman, the only Glazier even, but she did not. She only chuckled her soft agreement, contented to know that he thought so highly of her. “I will find you the next time I have an order to fill,” she offered gently. “Lace taught me, I'll share what I know then.”

As they neared the fire that he was leading them to, she couldn't manage to suppress the yawn that spilled up from her diaphragm. The warm heat played against her hooves, her skin protesting the heat but her eyelids beginning to fall nevertheless. Heat and gravity weight them down, making them heavy. “You... We should rest,” she said looking to him, hoping he would take the offer to restore his wearied frame but not denying that she could use the rest as well. “With both of us here, and the wall in place, we should be safe.”

OOC| Kah has a commission from Shadow, so as soon as the Herd Meeting thread is completed (or at least once it is confirmed that Aaron will continue to be Glazier) we will be holding a 'crafters' thread, so keep your eyes out for it ^.^

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post

Messages In This Thread
Slumbering Angels - by Dragomir - 11-14-2013, 04:56 PM
RE: Slumbering Angels - by Kahlua - 11-16-2013, 10:50 PM
RE: Slumbering Angels - by Dragomir - 11-24-2013, 06:50 PM
RE: Slumbering Angels - by Kahlua - 12-07-2013, 01:26 PM
RE: Slumbering Angels - by Dragomir - 12-09-2013, 11:44 AM
RE: Slumbering Angels - by Kahlua - 12-15-2013, 04:47 PM
RE: Slumbering Angels - by Dragomir - 12-23-2013, 10:02 AM