the Rift

In Softest Air, A Stutter

Illynx the GildedBlade Posts: 413
Hidden Account atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 13 HP: 67.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kyst :: Common Griffon :: Zapping Jab Bunnie
A soft word breathed from the child's lips, Illynx's reaching ears missing their hold on precisely what it had been. Disallowing it to alter her exterior of peace and joy, her smile flickered for a partial second as she continued her studies of the unicorn babe, how she seemed to gain in confidence the longer that they shared in one another's company. Despite the truth of the change in her demeanor, the Lady's ego swelled and blossomed within herself, her pride at having been such a comforting influence upon the girl adding genuine happiness to her charade.

The word slipped forth again, at least she was sure that was what the seemingly blind child had said. Curiosity gleamed rampant in her golden gaze, the strangeness of the combination of syllables catching the Helovian bred mare off guard. It was not that she had not met many with strange names - she certainly had - but they never ceased to amaze her with the vast variety of callings that could be bestowed upon her kin, how the names seemed to suggest that her people roamed broad and wide from her small and sheltered world within the borders of Helovia. She had left, this was certain, and her adventures had carried her far outside the boundaries of her home, but the pull of her birthplace had lulled her back into it's cradling embrace, disallowing her to discover just how far from home she might find their horned faces.

This girl more deeply asserted that, while she may be a queen, she certainly knew very little of the world outside of the realm in which she ruled.

Jorogumo, mentally repeated the golden backed wench as the girl introduced herself, delicate features bobbing in a nod to affirm that she had heard. Equally as foreign to her tongue as the K word (what was it again?), she forced the strange pronunciation into her mind; it would reflect poorly on her if she failed to properly name the child past this day. She moved on from the process as the child inquired of the mountain, the Lady's face blooming into a brilliant and proud grin that displayed how fully she loved the elegant splendor of the Basin, her life's purpose writ across her features and resounding in her heart.

"It is peaceful, endlessly beautiful; a hidden valley in the peaks to the north. The mountains reach with jagged fingers into the pale blue sky and blunt the cold winds falling from the passes. The Basin itself an emerald gem in the midst of a white world," her eyes grew distant, the sights and smells of the valley filling her mind's eye as she described them to the child known as Jorogumo. As she returned to reality, her curiosity rose its head from it's temporary slumber, having recalled the world that the babe had used to seemingly describe her. "Kisaki?" she inquired, her feminine voice aerated by her desire to know the answer.

[ OOC: I'M SORRY I TOOK FOREVERRRR. I am actually out of town visiting my family for a couple of weeks and have been on planes and settling in. ]
Magic/assault allowed to be used on Illynx at any time, in so far as it does not kill or seriously maim her without my permission. 

Messages In This Thread
In Softest Air, A Stutter - by Jorogumo - 11-16-2013, 02:57 AM
RE: In Softest Air, A Stutter - by Illynx - 11-18-2013, 03:14 PM
RE: In Softest Air, A Stutter - by Jorogumo - 11-18-2013, 08:11 PM
RE: In Softest Air, A Stutter - by Illynx - 11-19-2013, 12:39 PM
RE: In Softest Air, A Stutter - by Jorogumo - 11-19-2013, 08:07 PM
RE: In Softest Air, A Stutter - by Illynx - 11-22-2013, 05:32 PM
RE: In Softest Air, A Stutter - by Jorogumo - 11-24-2013, 11:59 PM
RE: In Softest Air, A Stutter - by Illynx - 11-25-2013, 12:56 AM
RE: In Softest Air, A Stutter - by Jorogumo - 11-25-2013, 01:53 AM