the Rift

In Softest Air, A Stutter

Jorogumo Posts: 70
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7
Filly :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 2 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Selkie

Jorogumo

In softest air, a stutter steers the heart away from the bane, leaves lasting sorrows and carries me a new

Jorogumo’s gaze never left the mare. Vigilantly she was waiting for a slip up, something to reveal this mare was far from genuine. Still being a child, her eyes couldn’t find anything. It appeared that for now she could trust this golden mare. And then, Jorogumo caught curiosity from Illynx after she gave the mare her title. Did she not know what a Kisaki was? Maybe she didn’t speak in the tongue of her father. She would have to remember this for the future, her foreign tongue could definitely play into her favor in time to come.

The queen’s expression grew detached, distant as she described her home known as the Basin. For a moment the filly closed her eyes and envisioned this place that the mare described. Could she live in a harsh environment despite being raised in far more mild weather? Yes, she could, it would be time to adapt. The filly had survived this far, so she believed she could survive should she manage to get this mare take her back to this place. It sounded like a place Jorogumo could thrive, amongst those that had a head with a horn like her own. Part of her wondered if the other species even truly existed, especially since she had never seen them.

Then Illynx asked the dark filly a question, her ears perked forward. Jorogumo then realized she was asking the meaning of the title placed upon her. “Kisaki means empress, as you stated that you rule over the Basin, thus you are one.” She locked eyes with Illynx once again. For a long moment the filly simply stared at the queen with a calculating expression. Should she be so bold as to simply request to be taken to this Basin? Before she would do o, there was another question on her mind.

“Are equines and pegasi real? Or are the pegasi simply malicious wind spirits of stories, and the equines simply disgraced unicorns?” Jorogumo stared at the golden mare genuinely. If these creatures did exist, she hoped that the queen wouldn’t laugh, for the child had hardly wandered beyond the forest Shinigami claimed as his. Yuki-Onna had always said these being walked the world just like they did, but Shinigami always laughed when she said this, and he would mock the mare. This had always caused Jorogumo to believe these other beings to be pure myths, creatures of the imagination not reality.

After a long silence, the filly knew it was time to grow bold. Time was running out, and if this mare left it would be nightfall. “I am being bold, but, could I request to stay in this land you’ve described?” She watched the mare, praying she wouldn’t offend or upset the mare. It wouldn’t take long for Illynx to simply stab her horn through the dark filly’s chest, but she would prefer death to her own kind than to the wolves.

[No worries =). My apologies for this delay, I was out of town this weekend.]
"blah blah blah."

Image Credit

Messages In This Thread
In Softest Air, A Stutter - by Jorogumo - 11-16-2013, 02:57 AM
RE: In Softest Air, A Stutter - by Illynx - 11-18-2013, 03:14 PM
RE: In Softest Air, A Stutter - by Jorogumo - 11-18-2013, 08:11 PM
RE: In Softest Air, A Stutter - by Illynx - 11-19-2013, 12:39 PM
RE: In Softest Air, A Stutter - by Jorogumo - 11-19-2013, 08:07 PM
RE: In Softest Air, A Stutter - by Illynx - 11-22-2013, 05:32 PM
RE: In Softest Air, A Stutter - by Jorogumo - 11-24-2013, 11:59 PM
RE: In Softest Air, A Stutter - by Illynx - 11-25-2013, 12:56 AM