the Rift

In Softest Air, A Stutter

Illynx the GildedBlade Posts: 413
Hidden Account atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 13 HP: 67.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kyst :: Common Griffon :: Zapping Jab Bunnie
Illynx
As usual, the promising visions of a splendid mountain valley drew the stranger to it's beauty into a mental reverie, the golden mare's smile soft as she watched the milky eyes slip shut to more clearly view the images which she painted with her words. Anticipating the reopening of her strange gaze, the mare waited patiently for the reverie to fade, her own eyes held firmly upon those of Jorogumo, eager to see whether or not the picture would lure her with it's promises. There was no immediate change to the babe's demeanor from what she could tell, but the child had not rebuked her words either; rather consumed them in silence, quite wise for such a young thing; instead of words pertaining to her mountain home, the child answered her inquiry as to the meaning of the strange word she had spoken earlier.

The meaning of it immediately brought a bright and shimmering laughter forth from her lips, the irony of the statement quite amusing to the vain woman. How could the child understand why she was so hilarious to the wench unless she explained it? But even the mental recollection of her companion who had vanished into the wilds pained her, despite her mirthful exterior, and so discussing the events that had come to pass was not high on her list. Either way, it wouldn't bode well to tell a potential new member that there had been turmoil in the mountain valley - there was no need to send the girl fleeing into the woods away from the Lady with the kingdom that couldn't keep it's leads around. Instead, she turned to discussing only Psyche herself, her absence excluded, and despite the freshness of her wound and her worries that her friend was no longer hers to love, it felt good to share her connection to such a woman. "Ah, but that is what my dearest friend is known as among our kin and enemies," she chuckled, her eyes crinkled joyfully and sides rippling with her contained laughter, "it is a fine title indeed. You must have come a long way to know such words." Again, she wondered where the child's mother was - her questions could wait, however, as Illynx knew all too well the way a heart bled after being abandoned by one's family. Jorogumo did not know her well enough yet to attempt such sensitive topics; perhaps, after she had been on the mountain for a while, she could find the answers she sought.

Until now, it was well enough to look into the child's eyes and provide her with company, no matter the woman's secondary intentions to corrupt her to their cause. Little did she know it wouldn't be too difficult of a task.

After a long pause, the girl asked a question - one that sent a bright and vivacious fire burning through the racist mare's eyes and in her heart. Her smile grew almost carnivorous as she took a step nearer the babe, lowering her lips to the girl's ear so as to not be overheard by any passer by. "Indeed, they exist," she most cryptically said, putting on a show for the girl much as a mother would while telling a scary story to her children, "as do combinations of all three, or just two. The Gods and Goddess of this land are comprised of a piece of each species... but on our mountain, you do not need to worry of such monsters." She thought of Kelec and Destry, the only two strange beings that could possibly cross the babe's path, and wondered momentarily if she should warn her of their presence. It seemed it would be wise; the way she discussed them, they would likely shock the youth or strike fear into her heart, and Illynx would have none of this for her newest prodigy. "The Basin wears only crowns but for a few exceptions. I guard a girl known as Destry; she is a hybrid of both unicorn and pegasi, and we also have a most unusual creature known as a centaur that calls himself Kelec. He is half horse, half hairless... thing. I don't even know how he or his kind came to be, but I have been assured that there are more of his kind outside of Helovia. You need not fear them; but they are not your equals, either, especially the hybrid."

Devious, her casual placement of racist beliefs into the girls head; but as she hadn't even known they'd been real things until this moment, she figured it would settle in quite well with the way the child had been raised until this point as she stepped away from her storytellers place. Her next motion was to invite the black filly home with her to see the mountain and it's horned inhabitants, formed in the long pause after her explanation - she gave Jorogumo plenty of time to ponder what she had shared, waiting for a good while before she decided it was time to ask.

The girl beat her to it, and her smile was truly full of pleasure.

"Not bold at all," grinned the cheeky Lady, pointing her nose down the path that would carry them to the mountain, "as I said, this is the forest for the lost, and lost you shall be no more." Turning her frame about to begin the long walk home (at least not as long as the one to the Throat, she haughtily thought to herself), she began the journey as her words jangled out behind her, "It is this way. If you need to pause to rest, do not feel ashamed; it is hard even on adults who are unused to such climbs."

[ OOC: I will get a welcoming thread up in the Basin for Jorogumo tomorrow. <3 ]
if I only could make a deal with God.
Magic/assault allowed to be used on Illynx at any time, in so far as it does not kill or seriously maim her without my permission. 

Messages In This Thread
In Softest Air, A Stutter - by Jorogumo - 11-16-2013, 02:57 AM
RE: In Softest Air, A Stutter - by Illynx - 11-18-2013, 03:14 PM
RE: In Softest Air, A Stutter - by Jorogumo - 11-18-2013, 08:11 PM
RE: In Softest Air, A Stutter - by Illynx - 11-19-2013, 12:39 PM
RE: In Softest Air, A Stutter - by Jorogumo - 11-19-2013, 08:07 PM
RE: In Softest Air, A Stutter - by Illynx - 11-22-2013, 05:32 PM
RE: In Softest Air, A Stutter - by Jorogumo - 11-24-2013, 11:59 PM
RE: In Softest Air, A Stutter - by Illynx - 11-25-2013, 12:56 AM
RE: In Softest Air, A Stutter - by Jorogumo - 11-25-2013, 01:53 AM