the Rift

In Softest Air, A Stutter

Jorogumo Posts: 70
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7
Filly :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 2 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Selkie

Jorogumo

In softest air, a stutter steers the heart away from the bane, leaves lasting sorrows and carries me a new

The queen laughed after Jorogumo gave the meaning of the word. She cocked her head slightly, unsure what had been so humorous about the word. Part of her wondered if this mare truly wasn’t a queen, but simply a false empress with a phony crown. Then, she explained her laughter, and proceeded to say she had come a long way. Jorogumo simply shrugged. How long the journey had been was a mystery. “The words are my father’s native tongue, I merely picked up a small collection of words.” She explained, which had been true. The filly hadn’t made the effort to learn the foreign words her father often spoke to her mother. Only her mother had made sure she could speak in the most basic sentences. Thinking of her lessons brought a mixture of feelings to Jorogumo’s mind. Rage and sorrow hit her like a brick once again. If she would be taken to the Basin, she would find a solitary place to release tears, strangers didn’t need to see her display of weakness

After her question came from her lips, Jorogumo noticed a change in the mare. A flame sparked within the golden one’s eyes and the smile lost it’s once compassionate expression and change into one that would be upon a predator. She came closer, and placed her mouth near her ear and told of these odd beings. So, the equine and the Pegasus did exist. The way the mare spoke was odd to Jorogumo, but she found it amusing and it took a moment for her t realize she was giggling a bit at how the mare was acting. Some of the inhabitants of the Basin sounded most peculiar, and the thing known as Kelec she was describing sounded like a monster almost. She was told to not fear them, and not only that, these beings apparently weren’t her equal. Such words came as a shock to the filly, but she took them in and mulled them over. This would be something she would have to think about more, she would have to meet these creatures to decide whether or not this mare spoke truth.

At her request, the mare smiled, and Jorogumo felt a bit of weight lift off of her. She hadn’t angered her by her request. A small smile passed over the child’s lips at the realization she had successfully gotten this mare to take her home. It appeared as though she would survive through this night, and many more to come. She followed the golden mare, as she spoke once again. “I believe I can make the climb.” Jorogumo was confident, she didn’t need her worthless parents, she would be strong, stronger than what her parents ever expected.

"blah blah blah."

Image Credit

Messages In This Thread
In Softest Air, A Stutter - by Jorogumo - 11-16-2013, 02:57 AM
RE: In Softest Air, A Stutter - by Illynx - 11-18-2013, 03:14 PM
RE: In Softest Air, A Stutter - by Jorogumo - 11-18-2013, 08:11 PM
RE: In Softest Air, A Stutter - by Illynx - 11-19-2013, 12:39 PM
RE: In Softest Air, A Stutter - by Jorogumo - 11-19-2013, 08:07 PM
RE: In Softest Air, A Stutter - by Illynx - 11-22-2013, 05:32 PM
RE: In Softest Air, A Stutter - by Jorogumo - 11-24-2013, 11:59 PM
RE: In Softest Air, A Stutter - by Illynx - 11-25-2013, 12:56 AM
RE: In Softest Air, A Stutter - by Jorogumo - 11-25-2013, 01:53 AM