the Rift

[OPEN] long after you're gone.

Solace Posts: 95
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Equine :: 16h :: 6 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
I had a dream I stood beneath an orange sky.</style>

Solace listened to the stallion as he spoke, and so it appeared that he was a member of the Foothills, or more likely the Grey. He was reluctant to answer the question, part of Solace believed he didn’t deserve an answer. He’d abandoned the Grey. “All I know is that they left after the invasion of the Edge.” He replied, “Other than that, I can provide no answers.” His tone had lost it’s edge, and his muscles relaxed. This stranger seemed to be one of his family, so he found no reason to hold slight hostility toward him.

After Solace gave his warning, the stallion threw words back. Solace snorted, the typically cordial stallion felt a cold expression hardening on his face. Perhaps he should be having more compassion toward this stallion, after all, he had just returned home to find it wasn’t home anymore. There was also that resentment and bitterness inside him, this stallion had left. He wasn’t there when the Grey fell, he wasn’t there when Apollo announced the abandonment of their leaders. This stallion also hadn’t been doing everything in his power to fix what had been broken. Solace found he had balls to demand respect when he hadn't earned it.

“I was merely doing my duty. I didn’t recognize you, and wasn’t going to stand by in case you were a trespasser. The Foothills is vulnerable, and I was ensuring no threats were wandering into it.” Solace said, his ears twitching back slightly. He didn’t want conflict, but he wouldn’t let this stallion walk over him, after all, Solace had been bearing a burden of his home’s weakness while this stallion just loped about leaving them with one less to assist.

Then the stallion proceeded to ask who was in the lead. At least they would be familiar faces to him. “Apollo and Phaedra are the chief and chieftesses of our land at present.” He said, “Murdock and Artemis are or generals.” He said, his tone becoming gentler and losing the cool edge it once held. He took in a deep breath and gave out a long

“I apologize for my previous hostility,” Solace said, “Our home has been made vulnerable by the loss of our first leaders, and I desire nothing more than to see it become strong once again.” He wasn’t sure whether the executioner would accept his apology, and if he didn’t that would only be on him, Solace was clearing his conscious. “I am Solace.”

Image Credits

Messages In This Thread
long after you're gone. - by Locket - 11-16-2013, 11:39 AM
RE: long after you're gone. - by Solace - 11-16-2013, 01:56 PM
RE: long after you're gone. - by Locket - 11-16-2013, 02:27 PM
RE: long after you're gone. - by Solace - 11-16-2013, 03:22 PM
RE: long after you're gone. - by Locket - 11-16-2013, 06:39 PM
RE: long after you're gone. - by Solace - 11-17-2013, 05:56 PM
RE: long after you're gone. - by Locket - 11-20-2013, 09:20 PM
RE: long after you're gone. - by Solace - 11-26-2013, 12:31 PM
RE: long after you're gone. - by Parelia - 12-06-2013, 07:23 PM
RE: long after you're gone. - by Solace - 12-21-2013, 06:30 PM