Wilted Roses

Voodoo Posts: 231
Outcast atk: 7.5 | def: 10 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: Eight :: Birdsong HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Ouija :: Arctic Fox :: None Nevada
Voodoo
tear me open pour me out,
inside there's things that scream and shout

My pupils are large as I stare at the mute colors that litter the forest floor, the tones not bright enough to jump out at my brain and allow my eyes to adjust to the different contrasts; they mainly were a mingle of greens and faint browns, dusted on the dark brown soil floors. The soft beat of feathers against cool evening air caused my auds to creep forward one at a time, as I am rather concerned about my hind quarters due to the simple fact that I can no longer trust my sense of sight.

Ember eyes lifted from the spot that I could have stared a hole into, finding them to land on a purple-blue hued bird. It's feathers were long and beautiful; it was taken care of, and the some one that takes care of it is around. My bright snout stayed tucked into my body, I do no feel the need to reach out to another being at this moment. If my attention is needed, it will be pulled by the voice of another. Just then, the heavy scent of dry, aired deserts hit my nostrils like a dust storm itself.

Her footsteps were quick at first, but slowed just as her bright form developed from the night shade. Wine red eyeballs fell from the branch that the handsome bird perched in to spot the gray female making her way toward me. One side was covered with the gentle grasp of a gray wing, the other bare and ugly, covered at the withers with only a few straggling feathers and a gnarly scar. My heart dropped: I recognize this female. They began cackling hungrily in my head.

The sight of nothing but fear in her glossy eyes as the demented brute snapped at her, the bird -this very raptor that sits proudly in the tree above my reach- crying and attempting to help his bonded, my weak attempt to stop the son of a bitch for him to only confront me, and for my response to be as soft as a bunny's white coat. But I've seen her with both wings as well.. at the open pits of hell that claims space in the center of our home. We had found a stone.. something else interesting had happened.

None of that matters now. I am no longer the colt I was when I had met this female, and I fear that she is still the air-headed mare that I had grown some what fond of.

"You're Voodoo..." the silky voice hit my brain and heart like a slap across the face with a branch. For so long I had not spoken to anyone besides them, and myself when even they would not respond. A deep breath caused my flared nostrils to quiver nervously as I sucked in the lukewarm air. The velvety whisper of my horrendous name echoed through my hollow skull, over and over again I watched her bright eyes dance as I imaged they could under the light of fires.

"I know you-" "Africa," the rest of the words were muffled and lost in my reboosting memory. Of course we know you, we wanted you so badly! Cute girl here boy they whimpered from their cage in the back of my dark mind, reaching out to touch my imagination with hot nails. They had twisted it so perfectly, even when this mare had tried to show me how to play, all I could see was the boring slate of land that spread across the Sahara that we ventured through with quick feet. "Why are you in the Threshold?"

Because he is a complete failure and couldn't even get to know any one in his herd. They may have not even noticed that he disappeared. More than likely they were glad there was a new open hole in the side of that rock! Laughing to themselves with pure enjoyment, I released a short breath in a silent sigh in order to ignore their yammering. "I remember you, faintly." Lies, of course you remember her! "I-" cut off short, the female reached her long face out, the warmth of her fuzzy gray snout against my red mug almost made me lurch.

In reaction I stepped back awkwardly, my face lifting up toward the air in order to pull away from the touch; another body was close to me, far too close. The starch white being was just there suddenly, she had not snuck up on the two of us, along with the midnight black bird, had she? Red trimmed auds laid back in the mess of mane, nostrils flaring and teeth barely baring, all while the white stranger lifted her face to the air and let out an impressively high screech.

A massive bird fell from the sky, it's talons, each sharper than jagged stalactites after centuries of forming on cave ceilings. They sunk into the pearly throat of the stranger, lifting her from the ground with so little effort that it made my stomach roll. Wine soaked eyes watched with both anger and horror as each of the newcomers disappeared into the air. The horrifying noise racked through my head like their voices, unable to ignore and seemed endless; then it faded. "Unfortunate." I was able to muster beneath my breath. What else was there to say or do?

Tagged: @[Africa], still open for business!
Text here "Chat here." Voices here

i run but it stays right by my side
Table by Frostie
EVERYTHING YOU'RE RUNNING AWAY FROM
IS IN YOUR HEAD
[Image: 5389e9aca8b63]
Please tag him in every post!

Messages In This Thread
Wilted Roses - by Voodoo - 11-19-2013, 01:23 AM
RE: Wilted Roses - by Africa - 11-19-2013, 06:54 PM
RE: Wilted Roses - by NPC - 11-19-2013, 07:16 PM
RE: Wilted Roses - by Voodoo - 11-19-2013, 11:05 PM