the Rift

Wilted Roses

Africa the Starry-Eyed Posts: 727
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 :: 6 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Silas :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Riven

The day was growing so warm, and even while she was partly sheltered by the sparse pine canopy above, Africa felt the wave of weariness pressing through long-suffering limbs. Perhaps her reasons for willing Voodoo and herself from the exposure of the redwood forest differed considerably from the red-tinged stallion who she felt so dearly about; he was not so defenceless, so unsettled by the strange violence which they had involuntarily witnessed. She had sought comfort from no other in this callous world, though many had wondered aloud about the drastic changes in her brittle nature; and the state of her figure, easily holding her own against the prying eyes of strangers and family alike. Voodoo was different though, she felt a staunch connection and warmth whenever he was near. He was the dry-minded colt that had refused to play with her; that had turned tune and touched her heart.

The stallion moved from her again, but there was no gaping canyon of heartlessness or despair to fill it this time. Only tenderness flooded the space dividing their bodies, and Africa listened attentively as his voice offered to her the answer. The reason did not immediately make sense and her face tilted to the side as she fell into thought, trying to rationalise just exactly what Voodoo had meant. She was no longer the foolish babe of yesteryear; dancing to music unheard and blissfully unaware of the truth in the world. She had become a thinker, curious and deliberate in her method; calculating always and vastly perceptive- in tune to those lives churning around her. "You don't need to be stable by my side." She cooed devotedly towards him, stepping forward to butt playfully against his rose-red nose, before turning gracefully to guide him away.

Africa wanted to nurture him, to tend and support him- not at all in the same way she cared for the young pupils aspiring beneath her. It was more, almost as powerful as the burning passion which bound herself to Silas, and he to her. The shrewd creature could read in the flinching lines of his body that his agitation was stewing. "Where do you want to go?" She asked quietly without turning to find his following bulk- she had no reason to doubt he would lag. "Will you come home with me?" The one-winged girl did not burst forth with all the reasons in the world for which the desert would suit him- she wasn't certain it would; was undecided as to whether his previous ties would be recognised. It was worth a try though she thought pensively to herself. With her, Voodoo would be safe and well (considering), and there were areas which were less visited than others. For a moment her eyes blinked closed and she waited with pressed lips to hear his reply.

(Ooc: Wherever he decides to go with her is where I will post my next reply <333 ooooh I missed you both so much :D)
Tagged: @[Voodoo]

Image Credits

Messages In This Thread
Wilted Roses - by Voodoo - 11-19-2013, 01:23 AM
RE: Wilted Roses - by Africa - 11-19-2013, 06:54 PM
RE: Wilted Roses - by NPC - 11-19-2013, 07:16 PM
RE: Wilted Roses - by Voodoo - 11-19-2013, 11:05 PM
RE: Wilted Roses - by Africa - 11-20-2013, 12:15 AM
RE: Wilted Roses - by Voodoo - 11-20-2013, 01:21 AM
RE: Wilted Roses - by Africa - 11-20-2013, 07:00 AM
RE: Wilted Roses - by Voodoo - 11-20-2013, 06:53 PM
RE: Wilted Roses - by Africa - 11-20-2013, 11:31 PM