the Rift

[OPEN] It's easy, there's a trick to it... (any)

Aleksandr Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
I rather welcomed the protection of the clouds.

I did not know quite why. I had no wings with which to protect myself if I tripped – and the clouds made tripping a very real hazard. The path was narrow and perilous and of course I wanted to walk it, why would I not? It was the sort of thing this land inspired in me, this sort of – not quite daring. More like testing the boundaries.

As if there was any difference.

More like boredom, really.

Because Kostya – he was probably somewhere romancing some unsuspecting broad and I was here brooding and some part of me, whatever strange alchemy this land possessed, found issue with that. It made me wander and made me explore.

Ah, the invincibility of youth.

And then the clouds broke and I blinked – somewhere in the way my ears stopped popping with every step I took and the path flattened out to an open field surrounded by clouds and the golden sun shining over it –

Kostya would’ve loved it. It truly was beautiful, and I imagined what it would look like at night, with all the stars at their closest shining down on us… it reminded me of things I wished not to remember, however, and thus, I turned my way to inspect this strange little gem of a place.

Clouds, clouds everywhere, shading the unreasonably green grass that makes my mouth want to water, what am I, a bird? Is that what Alysanne feels when she flies? Does she even fly at all? I’d never seen her fly – I mean, she has wings and they seem functional so of course she’d be technically able to, but… does she? Does she enjoy it?

Do birds even spit?

Why am I thinking of her?

Why am I even here?

Where is here, anyway?