the Rift

[OPEN] Home Away From Home [Delivery]

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin

Excerpt from the thread where she created the sculpture:
Next, the mare began to imagine an Eagle- it was to be for the Throat. She did not understand the symbolism of her vision, but she connection between the wings of the pegasi and the wings of the bird were obvious enough to her. The bird stood on a rock, crouching its knees and lifting its wings, ready to take flight. Once again, she called upon the mists, and once again they obeyed without question, bending and shaping as she willed them. For the eyes of the bird, she chose two golden-orange stones and settled them into place so they bird might see through glassy orbs. His height matched the dragon. She was pleased with him.
Inspiration- Though it is made of glass

Her arrival upon the border of the Throat was a welcome gift and Kahlua willingly set down the basket that she had carried in her mouth from the Edge to here. Within the basket, upon its side, was a glass eagle with orange eyes that seemed to stare off into the distance. When sat upright its wings would just touch the bottom of her stomach. Kahlua could not be more proud of the thing. To her left was the portion of the wall that the crafters here in the throat had begun to form and it made her smile broadly. The creation brought to mind the work that the Glazier had done in her own land. She had spent far more time and energy on the Edge's wall than was healthy for her, but the thing was complete now and she couldn't be happier for it. Everyday she was proving herself to her superiors. She would be respected yet. Hopefully.

Looking the other direction, Kahlua tried to meet her eyes with Resplendence's. This was a diplomatic mission, after all, it would not do to come alone. She was glad the Healer had come, anyway. The fallen angel was her closest friend now that Antheia had thrown herself so rashly from the cliff and, social as she was, she was always happy to spend any amount of time with her that she could. “Thank you again for coming with me, Res,” she said kindly. Smiling softly to the mare, Kahlua then turned towards the sandy depths of the land and whinnied out, calling for the leaders of the land. Though she had come here time and time before, it would not due to walk brazenly over the borders. She would wait respectfully at the edge, as though their wall was complete.

As she waited and watched over the sands, Kahlua wondered to herself if the other two deliveries would be so easy for her to make. She had wanted to come here, after all. Onni lived here, as good a friend as any, and Apodis as well. The mare even thought that Midas, with whom she had gotten off to a poor start, would be good enough to see on this day. At the Foothills she knew only Artemis, since Atka seemed to have left the land. Would the leaders welcome her with their gifts, or send her away? And the Basin... She had even made the cruel unicorns of the North a sculpture. Would she really be brave enough to deliver it to them? And if so, would they be receptive? She hoped so, for she wanted only peace in the land. Pushing the important, but rather undeveloped, ideas from her head, Kahlua began to look around as she thought she heard the sounds of someone approaching.

OOC- Res first, then whoever. Kahlua made a glass sculpture for the Throat in a show of peace and affirmation of their alliance. She is delivering it.
@[Resplendence], @[Midas], @[Gaucho] (Aud, just tagging you in case you want to come but of course you're not obligated!! I wanted to ask you before hand if I should tag you but I couldn't find you :( Sorry!)

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence
and i'd tell that i miss you but i'm sure it doesn't matter at all
Res moved alongside the painted mare, easy strides taking her there. She didn't worry too much about what they were doing, or where they were going. It didn't matter too much, as long as she still had her friend at her side.

Swift movements were stopped as the two of them stopped at the border, her body not quite used to the heat that came from these rays of sun that bounced off of the sandy ground and radiated on her form, heating her up no matter what she attempted to do to calm down. Once Kahlua had placed the basket her creation lay in upon the ground she looked toward the mare, and toward the expanse of the wall that the Throat had started to create - a wall much like the wall surrounding the Edge now that I thought about it.

A tiny sigh escaped the claybank's maw as she shifted her vision back toward the painted mare as her voice spread into the air. A simple thanks for Res joining her caused a smile to rest upon her lips. "Of course, Kahlua, anytime," she said, gently bumping her maw to the mare's shoulder before continuing to look at the wall that they were building. A smile on her lips as she looked back toward the painted mare. "So I suppose we just wait, no?" she asked, shifting a little uncertainly until she thought she saw something flying high up in the sky. Of course, nothing made her feel the best - especially when it came to a ton of wings. Quietly, she inched in a little closer to her friend for a sense of comfort and protection from the wings that were no doubt bound to appear.

297 words
Merp. Sorry it took so long |:

Credits
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

Perhaps an idle queen or king might sit at home, mull over politics, or even worry about the ideals of alliance and war. Luckily I was more of a hands-on sort of guy. Patrolling didn’t cease when the title of Sultan was bestowed before Kri ventured from home, and it surely didn’t ease when Guacho became a partner. We would be soaring the skies regardless of our stature within the herd. No matter the number of soldiers that stood at the helm; our place was on the sand. Our blood and sweat would mingle with that of our comrades, or else what was the point of leading?

A familiar firebird flew at my side, her decisive raptor gaze daringly seeking trouble…and fastfood. We rode the wind easily, unhurried by business. The border and unfinished wall is directly below, ahead was a barren landscape filled with flora and fauna native to such. It was quiet, peaceful. Fina saw the painted mare and her companion long before I did. We circled once, my daggers found sand—her talons found flesh. Gold erupted where prints came to life—it spread only to the distance of each shoeprint and became a solid substance before vanishing altogether. A smile crept along my muzzle, Kahlua and I dealt recent misconceptions about one another.

“Welcome friends, welcome to Dragon’s Throat.” The lass which stood near Kahlua was unfamiliar, I offered the stranger a smile and regarded the patched mare kindly, “What brings ye to the desert?” There was an unusually intriguing woven basket at her side, emerging from it was a glass bird.

GOVERN</style>
He who is a good ruler must first have been ruled.</style>

image by aigle_dore @ flickr.com
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Africa the Starry-Eyed Posts: 727
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 :: 6 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Silas :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Riven
They tell me I'm too young to understand
They say I'm caught up in a dream

Dragon's Throat Oracle

Clothed in delicately woven silk, Africa slid quickly through the Heart on her way home from the Threshold. It had been a remarkable day in fact which had started much the same as any other. Though fruitless in respect to the finding of fresh faces and aspiring hearts, she had found for herself a glorious cloak made of the finest fabric- alike she thought, to the beautiful thread building a spider's web. It was a light shade of grey-green, shimmering with an unsoiled sheen; trimmed around each edge with deep ochre-brown velvet, and it slipped slackly about her sleek body- both lightweight and soft, as she moved. The hood was slouched lazily about the base of her neck and shoulders, and across her breast two slight leathers straps crisscrossed into silver-like buckles- nice and secure.

Africa had searched at length for its owner, scouring the forest and scrub surrounding for sign or signal of somebody distressed and without their luxurious item; but alas that being was never found. Carefully, with the wary help of her avian companion, she had slipped beneath the cloak so that it wrapped around her comfortably- and comfy it was indeed! The young mare had felt quite swish wearing her newest treasure and paraded it discreetly for a long while through the giant redwoods there, although she never found another to admire it. Then at last she had turned for home.

Still robed and demurely upbeat, the one-winged mare brushed through the last of the head-high grasses flanking the outer rim of the fire-pit's vicinity, and touched with a fresh smile, her hoof onto the parched red earth which in turn would soften into the vast sea of desert sand; her home. Each return to the Throat was met with overwhelming relief; there had been occasions when she had not been able to, and always she was blatantly aware of the vulnerability which trailed her; disability and gentleness, her greatest liability.

Soon she was striding towards the fractured form of the unfinished wall around her home, and lingering beneath its dark glare was a trio; two wingless strangers and Midas. Silas chirped softly, eye-balling the group warily with his face turned to the side, perched tightly atop the sliding silk across her back. Unsure at first whether her approach would be regarded favourably, Africa dithered a small distance away, watching; and with strained ears, listening for any note of hostility between them. All seemed rather well, and as she finally made her way forwards, the humble mare noted the pleasure strewn across each warm, friendly expression.
In silence she slid around to be nearer to Midas- respectfully close, and plopped herself into the meeting with rather an ignorant smile pulling upwards at the stormy-grey corners of her mouth. Automatically her pale creamy eyes dropped to the basket set by the painted mare's forefeet.

Ooc: I hope it's alright if she joins!!!!

Eagle by :: Jassy2012@dA
Ascended Helovian

Gaucho The Wildfire Posts: 1,004
Deceased atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 12 HP: 85 | Buff: PINNACLE
Mara :: Black Mamba Snake :: Paralyze & Vorsa :: Plain Zephyr :: Phoenix Odd
I'm screaming at the top of my voice.
Give me reason but don't give me choice</style>

[Time-line wise for Gaucho, this occurs before he gets attacked by the sea-monster :) ]

My-das was quite correct: patrols did not cease, merely because his title had changed. Almost nothing had changed, not really, or at least, insofar as Gaucho was concerned. He acknowledged Mara's reminders that he needed to use his voice more than his body, when it came to winning his herd over to whether or not he was fit for Sultan, but that would always come secondary to his desire to protect them. They could chastise him all they wanted, as long as they were safe.

From the skies, Gaucho had spied his smaller counter part fall from his patrolling altitude. Still too far away to see what - or who - it was below that had caught the Sultan's attention, Gaucho beat his dark wings and banked slightly to put himself on a trajectory that would draw him to where My-das was. Covering the air quickly and efficiently, the dun's stormy gaze was focused on the terrain below, where quite the little party had sprouted up at the borders. Before descending, Gaucho did a cursory sweep of the airspace above them, ensuring that there were no looming threats taking the opportunity to sneak onto their borders, while both Sultan's were distracted. Satisfied, Gaucho allowed his wings to pull him nearer to the ground, landing on the opposite side of Africa with a grace ill-befiting a creature of his appearance.

Blue-gray gaze surveyed the two mares as his dark wings tucked to his flanks. In his antlers, Mara peered outwards, tongue forking out of her white mouth to scent the air and taste the air of the newcomers. Both mares are petite - precisely like the majority of his flock within the Throat, and Gaucho once again found himself towering over the group (save for one-winged Africa, although her missing limb made her feeling smaller to the dun, somehow). He grunted in acknowledgement to the mares, as he stood comfortably next to Africa. Having caught the tail-end of My-das' greeting, he waited with a stoic expression, to hear what had brought these two to their borders.

Image Credits
Please tag me in every post! Magic/Force is allowed on Gaucho at any time.

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin

Of course, Kahlua, anytime. The words were enough to set a silly grin upon the girl's face. If ever she was happiest, it was when she was surrounded by her friends. With the fallen angel's next question, Kahlua simply bobbed her head and looked up to the sky. As of yet, she did not know of her friend's dislike of wings. At least they did not have to wait in the almost unbearable heat very long. Within moments Midas was touching down, his hooves making gold where he walked. Kahlua could not help but think that it was a lovely trick. Maintaining her smile, Kahlua bowed her head to him but certainly would have made more of an effort if she knew his title was now King. Welcome friends, welcome. It pleased her to hear him speak kindly. If she had any concerns that he would attack her like his strange look-a-like at the Heart, they were allayed when she saw his Phoenix with him. That had been the deciding factor.

Upon the gray mare's approach, Kahlua turned and perked her ears. More decorations- this time in the form of a rather comfortable looking blanket. Although, admittedly, Kahlua thought it might be a little to hot out for such a decoration. Especially in the desert. That said, what did the girl know of blankets? As for the unevenness under the blanket, Kahlua hardly took notice. Attention to detail was not her finer suit, in most cases. In the case of crafting, she seemed to have been blessed by the gods. It came to her naturally, unlike so many other things. It was the approach of the primitive beast that finally set the girl to jittering on her toes slightly. His size did not intimidate her, there were so many around her that were larger than her. Rather, it was the wild markings, large horns and snake that made her uncomfortable. But as nobody seemed concerned with his arrival, the girl soon settled down.

If she had been shy, Kahlua might be nervous now. After all, she was very much the center of attention of three rather intimidating (though smiling) creatures. However, as Kahlua was a social butterfly by birth, she felt very much at home in the limelight. Arching her neck and tossing her tail just so, the girl then began to speak. “Friend,” she repeated. “We came looking for your leaders,” her voice danced, though she suddenly realized she actually had no idea who was in charge of the Throat. She thought she recalled Onni saying her mother was in charge, though who Onni's mother was the poor girl had no idea.

However, excited as she was to show off the glass creature she had made, Kahlua did not wait for them to call upon any king or queen that she expected to see. Instead she looked to Resplendence and nickered softly. Help, her voice seemed to say, and she was delighted that Resplendence complied. Grasping one wing of the creation while Res grasped the other, the two of them managed to set the glass bird upright and on display. The sun glinted off the bird, making it seem all the more brilliant. “This is a gift, from the Edge to the Throat. It's a display and reminder of our friendship and alliance. We hope you'll accept it.” She had not practiced the words beforehand but they came easily enough. So she looked eager around at all of them. First to Resplendence, hoping that she had done well enough in the Healer's eyes. Then, to the other three, looking for their reactions and hoping they and their leaders would love the statue as much as she did.

OOC| Permission from Abba to be a jerk face PP-er and make Res help with the basket <3

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence
and i'd tell that i miss you but i'm sure it doesn't matter at all
Wings. She had known that they would come, but she had not expected so many so soon. One was circling above, as if stalking his prey, not long after she had made her statement about just standing and waiting. It was the shadow that alerted her to the presence of another, as his descent had been rather soundless, but it was his landing which caused the claybank to sidle up closer to the painted mare at her side.

He landed a fair distance away, before welcoming them to the throat and offering a smile at her now trembling form. Perhaps it was for the best that she had come to the Edge, and not here. She would not had been able to act normally had she ended up residing in this location. No, it was too much for her poor brain to take in when she still believed that all wings housed weapons until she was given proof that there was none in those specific set of wings.

As the stag questioned what had brought the two of them to the desert, Resplendence caught sight of another mare. She harbored one wing, and was walking, so Res supposed that she couldn't be as dangerous as the painted stag who had landed not long before. The mare said nothing, just positioned herself beside the stag and inspected the basket at Kahlua's feet.

And finally, another winged creature came toward them. Yet again, a shadow was cast over their forms before he landed after doing a sweep of the area, landing directly next to the other winged mare. The closeness of the stag's wings had Res stumbling backwards a few steps, eyes wide at the berth of the wings and the height of the stag who controlled them. I'm going to die at this rate... she thought to herself before Kahlua nickered to the claybank mare. Nervously, the claybank edged forward, but aided the painted one in lifting the bird for the creatures to see....

She spoke, explaining what it was before the painted mare looked to Res, as if to gain approval and the claybank returned a nod to the mare, before aligning her right shoulder to the painted's left haunch. No. Too many wings. This just would not work well, now would it...

385 words
omg it sucks. i apologize for it now |:
"Speech"
Credits
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

When the patched woman called Kahlua didn’t give me a sideways stare that would send daggers toward the heart—or balk from my approach. I assumed that all was well between us. It was nice to have things finally sorted out from story and truth. Though, I thought grimly. Cera certainly had proven that even a myth could be turned into a grandly spun tale of misery.

Africa came along, her attention never missing a beat when something was amiss in Helovia’s finest desert. Guacho was also quick at heel, his quiet calculating eyes doing a quick rake of the duo. Both remained silent and after a brief pause the familiar edge girl started to speak. Stating that they came looking for our leaders. The corners of my lips twitched a little higher, but I said nothing yet—she still seemed eager for words and there was plenty of time to touch upon the subject of rulers in a moment.

My patience was rewarded with her turning toward the strange figure that stuck partly from their satchel. The quiet and seemingly uneasy doe that stood near Kahlua helped grasp said object and pull it free. Glass. It was a bird, I mused as they set it upright. A raptor specifically and one that was native to this desert; Fina sighed quietly, approving the gift and its semblance to the raptor kingdom which she took pride in attending.

The craftsmanship was exquisite, detailed to perfection, “I and Dragon’s Throat thanks thee for unyielding attention toward this friendship. Ye stands in company of the reigning Sultan’s, myself and Guacho are this land’s representation and law.” Sand stretches from the ground, extending in a serpent like pattern that branches off into many different strands. The granules sink beneath the glass eagle, pivoting it gently round and round so that we could all witness the different angles of their work.

“Who is the crafter that can spin such a rare element?”

GOVERN</style>
He who is a good ruler must first have been ruled.</style>

image by aigle_dore @ flickr.com
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Africa the Starry-Eyed Posts: 727
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 :: 6 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Silas :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Riven

They tell me I’m too young to understand
They say I’m caught up in a dream

Dragon's Throat Oracle

It was not often these days that she spoke without reason; for the simple joy of life- because the sound of her own voice was sweet and soft upon even her own ears. All through her youth, the dapple grey had been a forthcoming creature with an overly swift tongue that often flapped at speeds beyond the much slower process of her thoughts. She had been of a foolish, childish nature, and such had won her few victories through the little years of her life. Only recently had it dawned on Africa, that not every situation required her contribution and for the most part, things had flowed much more smoothly than ever it had before. Supposedly the revelations which had unfolded into a whole new character were the doing of maturity; the inescapable step from the ignorance of youth, into something far more demure and thoughtful. But other aspects and recent events had contributed to the unexpected and rather brutal transformation as a whole.

She stood wedged, in a sense, between the windswept bodies of the Throat’s two Sultans. Gaucho had swept down from the currents of the sky perhaps the second he noticed the small gathering by the borderline, and quietly the young Oracle had greeted him with her trademark cheery smile- an expression which seemed to follow her into even the wildest of circumstances. Idly her long tail licked the coaly black points of her stationary hocks, crimson peeking eagerly through the curtain of dirty black, as the mass of tangled, oily hair swept from one side of her body to the other.

The paint mare- blotched with similar black and white to Midas spoke soon enough and Africa’s ears stiffened with curious intent, straightening their heavy dark length into the hot air surrounding. Even in her appointed role, the grey was constantly learning, and when the other mare mentioned that the revealed statue was a gift, a thoughtfully intrigued snort fluttered through her expanding nostrils. Vigilant eyes scurried over the glass piece with meticulous care before shifting back to note the expressions gathered across both Midas and Gaucho’s faces. The concept was rather marvellous- the eagle, quite beautiful, and Africa didn’t conceal her gracious fascination for a moment.

The other mare who had accompanied the paint remained quiet and Africa felt less aware of her own humble silence as a result. It seemed more appropriate for her superiors to represent the Throat. Midas spoke then on cue, and at the sound of his voice Africa noticed (with less surprise than the first times she had encountered his magic), that sand began to swarm beneath the gift and turn it around and around, giving the young mare a better chance to view the amazing craftsmanship as a whole. “It’s beautiful. “ She said at last and smiled earnestly to both guests as the sun glinted through its midst.

Eagle by :: Jassy2012@dA