the Rift

[OPEN] Rebirth

Vulture Posts: 44
Deceased
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15'2 :: 5 Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable

Vulture

There will be no escape cause he's fallen far from grace

I can feel the threads snapping slowly, my mind is fading. I thought I could leave, but when I made it to the Threshold, something stopped me. It was a realization, the realization of what I have become. I have become blinded by my obsession of the Sin, I am obsessed with fear and what ways others will destroy me. My heart is frozen over with ice, and my mind is polluted with smog and darkness. Am I any better than the Sinners? Didn’t I sell my soul to the Sin just like they did? After all, my very being is focused on destroying it. Images of my grandfather’s dead body flash through my mind. Did I do it all in vain? I am just like him now, I tortured a child for no reason other than my bloodlust. It is unlike me to blindly charge at a prey, I usually carefully observe before I strike. That wasn’t what happened, I saw the child and I stabbed her.

Now I’m running without direction, my body is screaming in agony from those wounds delivered by my adversaries in the Threshold, and the filly from before. I make my way through the Spectral Marsh, thinking maybe I’ll find a hiding place, but the small hints of sanity left in me scream no. The psychobitch Eris will take advantage of my weakness and breakable mind. I’ll never permit her to see me in such a state, none of them will. These killers will devour me alive, literally. I’m starting to think joining this band was one big mistake. Isn’t everything in my life becoming a mistake though? Isn’t just my existence a mistake? Not even my own mother wanted me, and I am finding that ‘safe haven’ isn’t welcoming me either, and for some reason, this bothers me. Maybe I just want to belong, maybe I just want something to fight for other than some quest beyond any mortal’s grasp of accomplishing. There will always be Sinners, this I can’t stop, and the Sin will merely taunt me till death.

I soon find myself at a beach, and I slow to a stop. Wind gently blows my thin white mane about. I notice something being blown by the sand. I look down and see a small white feather, and clench my teeth tightly. It is one of the several feathers the little filly ripped from her wing. There are still several embedded into my tail, initially I planned to stash them as a prize, maybe no I can just use it as a reminder, a reminder of the monster I have become. A question lurks into my mind, are these thoughts from myself or the Sin? I narrow my eyes slightly, and for a moment rage swells up inside me. I rear up and smash the sand beneath me, sending up a wave of sand around me. Pain radiates through my body, but I don't care. The pain is a feeling, it is something, and I love it. A grunt of pleasure escapes from my lips. My thoughts drift from the beautiful feeling consuming my body.

“You win,” I whisper, “I am done fighting this endless war. All I want is a life, a life with more purpose than pursuing your Sinners." There is no fulfillment in the end. I just end up covered in blood, nightmares, and the permanent image of their terror implanted in my mind. The Sin Slayer is dying, I can feel it in my soul, and maybe, it’s time to just let go. Let go of the sanity I try so desperately to cling to. Let go of my pitiful determination and pride. Let go of this unwanted existence.

Slowly I walk toward the water. I find myself going deeper, deeper, and deeper. I can feel the waves washing over my legs, soon my chest, and as I go deeper in still, a massive wave comes over my face. A pleasant saltwater sting feels my cuts and wounds, it's incredible. It reminds me that I'm alive Yet, instinct tells me to run, flee back to shore, but I simply snort out the water and look up at the sky. Once another wave hits me, I begin to wonder. Is death worth it? Do I really want to die this way? Is there a chance to find a new existence? I'm not ready to die yet, so, I turn my body and walk toward the shore. I look back, and I see three little feathers floating in the water. The blood has been washed from my coat hopefully. I shake myself out, and droplets of water go flying. It doesn't dry me off completely, but I know what wasn’t shaken off will be dried by the hot sun above me.

I look out at the ocean wistfully, and I am unsure of where to go and what to do now. I feel different, I can feel the threads snapping and breaking. I’m losing myself to madness that has wanted to take me for so long. And finally, I accept it, permitting myself to be reborn in its cold embrace. Something is brewing in me, I can feel it. Voices, whispering softly in my ear, this time its not my grandfather.

It's so good you've finally opened your mind up, because we've been waiting for awhile. The voice is feminine, girlish, and she gives out a long giggle. There is another voice, this one masculine though. We have been meaning to speak with you for a-awhi-awhile. This voice is sheepish, and I realize whoever he is sounds like my younger self. Is the past speaking in my mind? I don't even know anymore. I feel like I should be afraid or startled by the presence of these voices, but I don't give a shit anymore. Maybe I have friends now. "Who are you?" I demand, if their going to live my head they better give me at least a name You can call me Kestrel. I am Nightingale. W-we re-really are your friends Vulture. We just want to help you. And you bet we will honey, cause I want to see you rise. I want you to become what you were meant to be, which isn't the failure you've become.

I snort, but I am welcoming these voices in. After all, isn't a mad men supposed to listen to the voices in his own head?

[Open to anyone. If Asylum members, permission granted to attack him.]

Image Credit

Abishia Posts: 225
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 16 HH :: 5 years ~ Birdsong Buff: NOVICE
Wild.

Why not? Again, among the sand and water she always seems to find herself. It is almost the like the fields, the blue, it provides her comfort and someplace to relax. Hardly ever does she find another soul her, but maybe today she would. You never know what today brings, or tomorrow… It seems as if our lives are a long, drawn out, crappily made horror movie. With parts of comedy, sorrow, and of course, her internal favorite, horror.

Small hooves throw up small grains of sand and along with that, small pieces of driftwood. In her pearls, she still carries her drawing stick. The sand is her favorite place to draw beings and create her own shapes. Long swift lines and straight ones please her orbs, seeing that she has made them with her own skills and talents. Drawing pleases her, and helps her escape from the motion picture inside her skull. Leaning down, she starts to draw, she is now so good she likes to close off her pools and imagine a shape or thing, and then play it out with her stick and kissers. Shielding off her orbs, she picks the first thing that comes to mind; a leaf. Simply but then again intricate. She takes none but a few moments to draw the shape and also the details. Opening her orbs, she smiles, pleases with the very detailed leaf.

“ Hm, pretty good, aren’t I MeMe? “

She turns to her left, where she knows she will find the ghostly figure of her mother, Harmony. MeMe is simply a pet name she has made for her dearest mother. Just like she had created Antie . Making nicknames was on her list of favorite things to do. With a giggle, she picked up her thin twig once again. Trotting off, she rounds a small cape, and spots a figure. With a slight smile, she raises her muzzle to the air to let out a small nicker.

@[Vulture]

lines
please tag me in any and all posts