God of the Earth Posts: 287
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: 22.0hh :: Ageless
Admin

God of the Earth
Buried in Water and Earth

The God of the Earth Quest Drop

Step One :: Signing Up!
- You will respond to this drop in character, responding as if every character who shows up is also present
- This will operate sort of like a meeting with back and forth between the God of the Earth and your characters
-**NOTE** Remember that when you post here, that you provide links to the times your character has been refused in the veins or other drops! Please also clearly state what magic/upgrade/item/ or companion that you are seeking. For example, if you are seeking a companion, you may only list past entries, were you were denied for a companion.
- Your character has 72 hours to respond to this thread properly

Step Two :: The Decision
- Earth God will then choose 1-2 characters to take under his wing and give them quests for whatever they choose (magic, companion or items)
- When I post the decisions, I will post the rubric. Basically this will depend on how many times your specific characters has been rejected from the veins and loosely based on how maxed they are
- You character's name will be put into a "pot" of names 1 additional time for each previous refusal from a drop or a quest
- All numbers, tables and functions will be screenshot for transparency and understanding

The Quest :: Earth or Water based magic/upgrade, normal companion or item

Symphony in Sea

We all have our little secrets, but this one might not be quite as hidden as you might initially think. You might wonder, what sort of secret that a God could have, that a mortal mind might some how deduce. After all, in their infinite capacity as creators, they might have any number of secrets that the minds of mortals would never even be exposed to, much less have the opportunity to have them revealed. But this secret was different - this one was hidden in plain sight. But today, if you watch closely, and just happen to be at the right place at the right time, you too can know the God's secret.

It is the music of the water.

Standing a'top a cliff, the God stood in all his mountainous glory. His large wings were outspread from his earth-toned flanks, moving easily in the breeze. Their movements were rigorous and yet followed and obvious pattern - Up, left, right, down...up, left, right, down. On and on the God conducted, as the waves in the Endless Blue below danced and churned as his symphony was enthusiastically played out. The grasses around his hooves swayed in time, as did the other foliage that now stood up at attention, waiting anxiously for his cue. All around the surrounding areas, did the trees and bushes also join in, rumbling out walking-bass lines and percussion cues. Normally the God preferred the spring, when his creations were just showing the signs of life - but today, he simply could not refuse. The shimmer of the sun on the waves had called him out of the Earth, to rejoice in the simple brilliance of the sea.

OOC FAQ
1. You cannot get a mythical companion quest from this drop
2. Do not post unless your request is relative to the God of the Earth and has been in the Wishlist database for at least one month.

Tingal Posts: 110
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17 hh :: 9 years HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
dark
I heard the quivering waters, echoing in my ears. I had laid myself in the sand, eyes closed and body relaxed. I was sprawled out like a cat, basking in the Tallsun breams. My fur was warm, my limbs spread out. My tail was stretched out behind my, smacking sand as I lay. My ears flicker as an odd sound came over me, a feeling I had felt long before. There were rhythms, created by the rolling waves. And a certain presence made my heart leap and twirl with a spectacular joy. I raise my head, a brow raised as I strain to find the source of this overwhelming excitement. As I predicted, Father Earth stood proudly atop a cliff, swinging his wings in time with the wave's rhythm.

Standing up and shaking off the sand and debris, I walk casually, my gait relaxed as I scramble after the God, his work unnoticed until now. For the moment, I had the God to myself. It sounded selfish, but I felt as though I hadn't see the Lord for a long while, for he left me in silence for so many seasons. I walked with a slow pace, finding myself standing beside the God, admiring him as he composed a beautiful piece. Opening my dark lips, I let out words, a compliment. "What beautiful melodies." I find myself standing back, smiling.

Inside however, a deep desire was brought to my face. Hotaru was still in my mind, her face a gentle memory, one that warmed both mind and soul with every thought of her. Straightening my posture, I inhale deeply, salt flying up my nostrils. Her pale white face flickers through my mind and I'm left with a gentle smile. I inhale, suddenly smelling her scent, just a phantom sense that brings me to confusion. I look back at the Lord, simply standing patiently beside him.
"Talk talk talk"
[wishlist
wants:
Magic: Earth │ Can mold trees to make a shield. This shield is flammable, but can protect one against most things including projectiles, the weather, etc.
[Restrictions: The shield does not last long, and the magic does not work during Frostfall.]]
Tingal

image credits
table by whit

i am a king
and the world is beneath me

Solace Posts: 95
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Equine :: 16h :: 6 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
I had a dream I stood beneath an orange sky.</style>

Solace’s wanderlust had driven him further than usual from his home at the Foothills. He found himself once again at the Endless Blue, it was a sight to behold. Off he stared at the ocean, Solace took a deep breath, but then noticed another. He watched them run about, and he turned his head to see what they were going after. In that moment, his mouth dropped. Before him stood the patron of his home, Father Earth, he was overwhelmed in that moment. He wasn’t particularly the religious type, but he had prayed to the god on multiple occasions in times of need, and he always respected the deities influence over his home. Solace followed behind the other, he needed to speak with the Father Earth. He could plead with his Lord to help his home, he could plead that he help their vulnerable and crumbling family. They could use every ounce of help, and if Solace could, he would try his hardest to earn the favor of this god for his family.
Solace watched the Lord flap his wings about, creating the beautiful waves upon the sea. The other had the gall to stand beside the Father Earth, he would keep his distance. He was unworthy to be beside his patron deity. Solace walked toward the Lord from behind, merely admiring the god. Such a powerful being, and the beauty he created before him reminded him of his home, the beautiful home that Father Earth had made himself.
“Father Earth,” Solace said softly, and respectfully. ”Your creation is marvelous.” He couldn’t pull out the words to ask for help. Awe was rendering him silent, s all he could do is stand in marvel at the beauty of the god before him. He was humbled by this experience, and it would be forever in his mind. Maybe Solace would find himself being a bit more religious than he was before.

[Wants:
Fallow Deer companion
Wishlist]

Image Credits

Africa the Starry-Eyed Posts: 727
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 :: 6 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Silas :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Riven
They tell me I'm too young to understand
They say I'm caught up in a dream

It was woven through her heart; the centre piece of her personality; the biggest distraction in her mind. The natural world around her, both fascinating and wild, was something Africa found herself deeply attracted to, and explored with a passion she could relate really to nothing else. It was the love of the flora and fauna of this world which had compelled her free-spirited, pointed, rhythmic strides so far from the comforts of her homeland on this occasion. Together she and Silas were tracking the romantic pursuit of a large, brilliantly antlered red deer stag as he crossed the countryside, lusting over one lithe, stubborn doe- she never stopped for him, testing his endurance and patience always as she went.

The pair passed eventually through the cool stream which marked the line between meadowland and coastal forest and broke into a brisk canter of sorts, the stag leaping with vast flamboyant kicks as he trailed drunkenly the love of his life. Heading east through the dense trees, Africa found it more difficult to see them, her eyes straining to catch the flickering movement of creatures built for stealth; born with the art of elusiveness quite ingrained through their soul. For Silas it was easier, the star-speckled Zephyr zipped to and fro with avian prowess ahead of his beloved, manoeuvring nimbly through barring tree branches with only the slightest of adjustments to powerful thrusts of his grand black wings. Cursed by gravity though, the dapple grey soon fell behind without the fluid grace of her once able wings.

“Silas?” She called silently although their minds were not yet fused together, and broke clear suddenly of the tree line only to find herself stumbling inelegantly through the deepening sea of golden beach sand. Staggering to a standstill, the one-winged Pegasus glanced curiously around her, noting immediately that she had fallen upon the eastern shoreline which eventually stretched north into the cliffs supporting the World’s Edge. She saw too that a couple of other horses- one striped and the other dressed with luscious green locks, were gathered not far from her position upon a cliff, around one more who stood above them both; towered even. They were gazing outwards across the turning waves, and as Africa followed the trio’s gaze she was wrapped snugly into that melody which brought to life the ocean, and she drifted forwards unthinkingly towards where they were silhouetted against a clear blue sky.

The music engulfed her easily, and a humble smile was stuck upon her stormy-grey lips as she neared the conductor; his grand wings rising and falling, directing the beautiful thrum which filled the air. Pausing towards the rear of the two who were already there, Africa’s glazed eyes danced forward to see the God of the Earth, whom she had heard only about; never seen. No words filled her mouth, no desire to interrupt the sound which she was enjoying so much and so the young grey stood atop the cliff in utter silence- witness to the phenomenon which had so suddenly swept into the vicinity.

[Wishlist
Wants: 4-5-13 [Item: Bag| A small leather satchel, large enough store flowers and plant matter, orbs or amulets. Tied securely around top of left foreleg just below elbow (for easy access), with thick leather belt- all natural, weathered brown in colour]

credits

Hototo Posts: 96
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 17.2hh :: 3 years
Boom Boom!

It was by luck that I was visiting the sea.

I had not returned since the day of splashing with my family, when the monster with the golden fish had appeared before Midas. Terrifying, exhilirating, the sea held many treasures we never knew about. Today, I travel separately, though. The end of Tallsun rushing forward toward us, the heat rising like a crescendo. Soon, it would collapse upon itself and the dawn of autumn would arrive. For now, however, the sun beams down upon my outstretched wings.

Like a wave of a stormy ocean, I sail easily. I often think back during my flight to my first lessons. In the past, it had seemed impossible for my weight to be carried by such delicate limbs. Now, each wing spanning nearly eight foot in each direction, my body still growing, it felt like a silly worry. Flight makes one feel light, and maybe that is the trick of it all. If you feel light as a feather, you become light as a feather. It is a nice thought, one that keeps my worries away as I speed through the air like a bullet from a gun.

I am so lost in the feeling of being little but a feather, I nearly do not notice the excitement on the coast. In fact, it is actually my trusty harp who alerts me. The chords begin to play, as if incited by some other cause, a pulse like a wave in my ears. I glance down toward the shore my instrument emulates, and I see him - Father. A grin stretches from ear to ear and I begin to swirl downward, cutting my speed with each loop, looking for a soft patch of sand to land upon.

From my vantage, I notice the harmony of the grasses, the swaying of the ocean waves, and the beaming glow upon my father's face. It appears we have yet another thing in common: the love of music.

Once upon the sands, I turn to stand in attention, my harp beginning to pluck chords to match the tune of water. I bob my head with the beat, feeling the spray of the ocean, the sound of the grass cutting the air brushing my own heart. I begin to hum along unconsciously, feeling the earth begin to dance underneath my hooves. Like father like son, the world standing attention to the song of our hearts. Perhaps some day, I would be able to command all of the world's elements like my father.

Grandfathered :: [Magic: Water | Ability to form a protective bubble of water around himself. One other can be in the bubble with him as long as they are touching.]
Credits: Tamme Art

Aurelia Posts: 307
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 7 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
baylee
::[Companion | Copperhead Snake] She'll look like this. EDIT :: wishlist link http://helovia.net/showthread.php?tid=10272]

Good evenin' world.

My evening is not going too good today. Perhaps the scabs and some blood still running down my side were not enough for me, but that I also needed a trip to the ocean Africa had taken me. I came from the most Northern part of Helovia, and the red blood staining my entire left flank, inner wing, and underbelly was obvious. This is why my wings were closed, to mask some of the crimson blood.

The way my butchered side looked, was no comparison to how I felt on the inside. The attacker that left these foul wounds on me had called me a sinners whore. What that was, I was not sure. Who my sinner was... well, I did not know that either. I did know what a Temptress was, but I did not know why I was called that, almost as if it was my name. I could not explain to him why I had been called that, because he had attacked with the speed of a cheetah.

At the end of our tussle, I flew away.

Yes, you heard me... flew. After he had attacked me, I remembered how I had flown slightly with Gaucho (yes, the one I like, but was too scared to find out if he felt the same). At that moment, play fighting in Throat with the new Sultan, had turned into a life lesson while being attacked. I guess I was always, constantly, learning new things. Every tranter step (canter x trot hybrid) I took led up to me walking onto the sandy shores of the Endless Blue. The pain laced across my bloody body as I slid to a stop. Then, I saw something scary, but intriguing. The waters were singing. They played harmonies. I would learn more today, I was sure of it.

I saw a cluster of horses, most of them looking up, at a rather large cliff. Once I too looked up, I saw a large pegasus directing the ocean and plants around. Upon closer inspection, I saw two ram horns jutting out of his face. He conducted the flora around him to sing to him? It was like he had gotten gotten the magic the gods from my old home had. Were there gods here too, or was this just a powerful being from my old home?

I looked at the small group of horses. The group was made of the horses. There was a tiger-looking equine, a grey one with a green mane and tail, and... Africa? I silently trotted up to the mare. I stood behind her, and saw it was her (her being Africa). The one winged mare's coloring was very unique. Did I want to show her my butchered side? I had told her everything else that had happened to me with no restraint, so I would show her my bloodied side. I took a quick 360, and saw the boy I had met in the pond-place. I saw a resemblance between the one dancing, and the boy.

I thought no more of the boy, instead, I walked up to Africa's right side. I lifted my left wind up, exposing the horrendous cuts and forming bruises (though the bruises were not seen under the dried blood and my fur). "Africa... I'm wounded." I whispered so softly to her, I did not think anyone would hear me, but I could easily be wrong.

How would she react?

Success isn't the result of spontaneous combustion.

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin

The girl ran. Like a fool, she ran, bouncing and bobbing and weaving and whinnying and otherwise creating a whirlwind of motion and noise. She was happy, but then when was she not. Her duties in the Edge were few, having put so much of herself into the wall for every terrible, tortuous day of Tallsun. Now, she took the opportunity to just enjoy herself. No Threshold to find new friends, no Edge to make new glass objects, she just ran. With every step, the wind blew through her hair and lifted it about her. She was a sight to see on a normal today- today, she was simply radiant.

Soon enough, though, the girl ran out of energy. The beating of the sun caused frothy foam to form upon her body and she was forced to slow her valiant run to a trot and then a walk. Instantly, she knew where she would head- the beach. With purpose in her stride, the girl made her way to the saltwater and promptly lay herself directly in the waters. The waves rolled with purpose upon her, washing the sweat away and leaving her cooled. It was then that she began to hear the tinkling sound of something more beautiful than she had ever heard before. Wasting no time, she rose and began to follow the sound, only taking a short moment to shake herself off.

It was not long before she came upon Hototo- the apparent source of the sound. Beside him, a harp hovered and played in time with the motion of the nature around her. “That's beautiful,” she murmured to him with a smile, glad that she could come upon him less forcefully this time. She had not realized it until now, but all the land seemed to sway in motion on this day. And it was then that she noticed him- Father Earth. With a gasp, she turned her head from Hototo and quickly fell into a bow. “Father Earth,” she gasped, rising with a smile upon her face. He was not the Lady Moon, but it was hard to ignore the grandeur that he projected.

Wishlist :: [Magic: Earth x Shock | Can infuse rocks with electricity to create permanent light sources from them]

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post

Sacre Posts: 274
World's Edge Emissary atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 5 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Inari :: Red Fox :: Heal & Ríona :: Common Kitsune :: Electric imi
Many things in life could be considered scary and for Sacre this was the furthest away from home he'd ever been, that was scary. At the same time, however, it filled his body with exhilaration and a nagging need to just keep travelling and not return. The sand was much nicer on his hooves than the cold snow, the sun much warmer and the sea sparkled like something from a distant dream. Why had he never been here before?! Just a glance and already it was becoming one of the colts favourite places. It was made even more special when he spotted the fellow upon a rocky cliff, his physical makeup intriguing on it's own and Sacre watched mouth agape as he weaved actions with his wings, the earth his orchestra. Having never before seen a God, the stained son didn't quite know what to think, maybe he was dreaming. No, surely not?!

He looked around at others, mouth still catching flies, as he took in the tiger horse with a surprised glance, his instincts becoming fraught and confused as to how to react to the creature. Yet, his gaze still wandered and fixed on the green maned hornless to the one winged pegasus, a ram horned mutt who looked similar to the being a'top the cliff. Finally glancing at the sun stricken bird horse who bled down one side. His mind was a little hazy trying to take it all in. Ears twitched to the equine and finally eyes widened as the words she spoke struck a spark in his mind. 'Father Earth'. King of soil and sky. A God!

Of course, what other being could conduct waves as such and meld melodies of pure beauty and joy, a Lord among Lords only. Sacre swallowed to wet his dry throat and wriggled around nervously. "Earth Lord" he timidly nodded his head, not knowing if the being would even notice he was there let alone hear him. The child wished to be recognized, but all the same, he wondered why a kingly being such as himself would bother with a small boy like him.

Nerves were already getting the better of him and soon he found standing still impossible and he shuffled around, not knowing quite what to do with himself as he listened to the beautiful music. He found himself wandering nearer to the bag carrying unicorn, the instincts hammered into him through his early months making him instinctively hover nearer his own species. Though the large brute himself looked rather scary.

He would remember this day and tell Roux of it later.

(Wishlist
[Item: A Red Arrow | Worn in his tail. Glows crimson whenever his twin is threatened or endangered.] )
"Talking"
fahlaemee, table by sevin

There's something wretched about this
Something so precious about this

❚ Force permitted!
❚ Please tag me!

Eris_ Posts: 97
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1 :: 4 Buff: NOVICE
Frostie
E R I S

Waves rushes around her hooves, today however the water and the sounds seemed to be more beautiful than usual. Stopping to listen, The Blood Empress watched the waves roll up onto the shore. As she listened intently to the sound of the waves, she could hear the music. Over all Eris felt rather calm and as she continued down the beach, her entire body relaxed. Only she came upon a squabble of horses, each of them seemed to also be enjoying the music of the water. The queen of the mad held back, approaching the group probably wasn't the best idea for someone like her. Often when horses she didn't know stood in groups it turned into a rather...bloody mess. Her bright blue orbs watched them all however, following their movements, listening to the sound of the magic. One winged stallion had a instrument had it was gently being played. Closing her eyes, Eris listened to the tune of the song smiling. This part of Helovia was truly beautiful.

"Hey little robin, where have you gone? Your voice still lingers even though you're gone. It was sweet and it was sad, but it made me glad. Because when you sang I wasn't alone. Hey little robin, where have you gone?" Her eyes opened back up to the bright sunny day. A grin now lit up her face and Eris finally felt confident enough to approach the others. Carefully she moved closer to meet them, glad that she had washed the sink of the Marsh off from her golden coat. Instead her thin frame was well presented, no dried blood clung to her today. A mare beside her said something about father earth, Eris turned as looked upon who she quickly figured was a god. Mouth tumbling open and eyes as wide as plates, Eris studied the stag in all of his glory. Never before had she met a god, it was so unexpected, the Blood Empress wasn't quite sure about what she should do or say. "So it is." Whispered the mare.

" "
343 words.
Companion: Peregrine Falcon.
Previous refusals: None.
Wishlist: Here

Wake me up inside,
Bid my blood to run,
Before I come undone,
Save me from the nothing I've become.

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod
Torleik
A lone man loved by none:

how long can he live?"

Torleik had wandered to the water again, unable to stay away from the siren mistress' call for long. Irelyn stretched her feathered neck, craning to see around her massive caretaker and the black stallion snorted at the infantile irritation he experienced through their bond. "I need to teach you some patience, little one," he murmured, turning his head back and snorting at his owl griffin.

She gazed up at him with wide, innocent eyes and Torleik frowned. Clever one, this girl; she knew he had a soft spot for small babes in need of protection and she was using it against him. His frown inverted and Irelyn purred happily at his smile, rubbing her head against his nose affectionately. The dual-horned demon was slightly tense, however, upon seeing so many figures in the distance. There were...around nine, if he counted correctly. A few unicorns, some regular equines and some sort of bastardized...tiger...thing.

And a figure he recognized as inherently divine casting his wings back and forth. Another god.

Interesting.

Coming to the water's edge, Torleik stood somewhat askance of the others, naturally a mite anti-social and even more so now that he felt compelled to best protect his companion. Taking a deep breath, the smell of the ocean filled his lungs and Torleik felt calm. Eyes closed, he let his other senses appreciate the water and her tides, the rhythm of her to and fro, the seductive way she swayed her hips back and forth to lure anyone willing to listen and see in.

And today...when he listened...Torleik could hear music the likes of which he had never heard before. It soothed his soul and gave him peace deep inside knowing that such beauty could be drawn from nature by this god. One of the others called this divine "Father Earth" and he assumed this was the Earth God. He drew a little closer and dipped his head in a respectful bow, raising his head once more to speak. "The music is beautiful," he murmured. "I am honored to meet you, God of the Earth." His tone was calm and respectful, no hint of ingratiating intent or sycophantic desire. The rabicano stallion was humbled to meet another deity, and though cautious, held hope in his heart this one would be more fair - or at least even-tempered - than the last. "This is a god, Irelyn," he said softly to his companion.

Credits: Image by Eagle

Denied in Sun God Quest drop here: http://helovia.net/showthread.php?tid=10437 (don't have the energy to remember the fancy coding for the linking)

Wishlist: :: [Magic: LightxWater | The ability to summon icy rain or sleet in a thunderstorm] This is mildly unclear, I apologize. I would like Torleik to be able to briefly manipulate weather to summon icy rain/sleet that would last for one turn in a battle.
[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!

Cera the Golden Prince Posts: 419
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.3hh :: 6 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Ilaria :: Red Panda :: Heal Brit

Drawn by the divine presence of the Earth Lord, they gather like flies, and Cera is as bothered by their presence as those pesky little obsidian creatures. All of them, greedy, seeking to use the kindly Father Earth for their own gain. It makes him feel queasy. He is not here for any reason other than wandering, feeling wrong and misplaced in the Dragon's Throat after he had murdered his father's doppelganger. In fact, he hopes to find Hototo, for he has not seen his brother in a long time. Far too long. He wonders if, maybe, Hototo would not love him the same anymore. It is maybe a silly thought, but Cera has never admitted to being confident in everything. Most of his weaknesses were targeted at himself, of course. Did Hototo miss him, or even remember him? Did he remember their first flight lessons, the way Cera had wept on him after first running into the dark, alternate version of their shared adoptive father? Even the mere thought, in passing, that Hototo would not want Cera at his side, was enough to cripple the youth's confidence and heart. So when he spied the God of the Earth, the relief and love that washed over him was magnanimous.

Walking on tired limbs he approached Father Earth, and crumpled slowly to his knees somewhat beside him, somewhat before him. Gazing up towards the wise, kindly face, he gave a sigh and turned to nudge a sleeping Ilaria up to his shoulder so she could chirrup happily at her creator. "Hello, Grandpa," Cera said softly, a smile on his face as he reminisced. It was a habit, from childhood, to call him Grandpa. Honestly the youth didn't even know if he was okay with it, and was always unsure if he should say it at all. "I only wished to see you, I was so afraid once you had gone..." voice trailed to a whisper, and Ilaria slid from his shoulder to huddle under his wing, pressing behind his shoulder against his heart to comfort him.

Meanwhile, the earth sings. It's Hototo, and when emeralds turn to look for him among the crowd, he is as eye-catching as always. Instead of being proud of him, Cera feels instead the familiar sting of imperfection, of uselessness. He will never be the son that makes their father proud. He will never be the soldier, the guardian of his family that wears the noble medals. He will never catch the eyes of others, enchant them with his half-godly blood, nor impress them with his magic. It is a painful reminder, and so instead Cera clenches his eyes shut and tucks his head beneath his wing, nose to nose with his companion, and tries to just soak in the presence of the one he worshiped and loved so faithfully.

Cera isn't here for any reason other than to see the Earth God, and doesn't need to be counted in the roll!

If your heart wears thin, I will hold you up, and I will hide you when it gets too much
I am Ceraaaa
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!

Kelec Posts: 18
Aurora Basin Crafter
Stallion :: Other :: 18 hh :: 24 Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable

Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men.

Music. How long it had been since such sweet melodies reached his ears, how much he had longed for tunes not of his own making to spread upon the winds. And never before had the centaur heard such heart-wrenching, pulse-shaking, mind-blowing passion in any piece before. He was drawn towards it, irresistibly, he wanted, no needed to know who it was that in this land all savagery and harsh struggle for survival possessed such culture, such refinement of heart and spirit - and such power too, as to command the very elements.

What he saw as he arrived upon the beach, for once having abandoned the frigid tundra and snow-capped mountains of the northern realms, was a gathering quite unlike any he had seen before. A tall stallion exuding both gentle kindness and overwhelming authority stood upon the earth in playful relaxation, the concentration as he called forth the hidden melodies of the water and the earth appearing to have drawn close others besides himself. Numerous horses were gathered around, horned and hornless, and to the delighted astonishment of the half-man he even spotted winged equids - a race he had never thought to be able to see, so rare were they said to be.

More and more he found himself glad to have come to this Helovia. The surprises were endless, the magic of the land was impressive, and as he settled down in the outskirts of the gathering Kelec caught himself humming along with the soulful tunes, wordless voice attempting to join in without wanting to disturb. It would be such a shame if he were to interrupt the magnificent maestro.

(Wishlist: [Magic | Earth] - Able to summon any tool or weapon from his imagination

Taras Kalapun @ Flikr

BronzeHalo.deviantart.com HP:40
Helovia Hard Mode

Permission granted at all times to use magic and violence on Kelec

God of the Earth Posts: 287
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: 22.0hh :: Ageless
Admin

God of the Earth
Buried in Water and Earth

The God of the Earth Quest Drop

The Decision ::

Congratulations to Hototo and Tingal! Decision Roll [Note: Kelec was #11. I rolled before I typed in his name.]

Symphony in Sea

On and on the symphony rings out, drawing Helovian's from near and far to rejoice in the sounds of creation. A welcoming smile appears on his bearded muzzle as Tingal and Solace draw close, commenting on the melodies resonating through and from the earth itself. He nods in response, a sparkle in his charismatic and kind eyes, as he continues to internally conduct the world around him. The next to arrive wordlessly is Africa. The God feels a pang of sadness at the sight of her one-winged form. He had heard of how she had lost a wing - his brother the Sun had mentioned it one day when deciding whether or not to make her Oracle. He had thought it had made her stronger, and the Earth could now see why. Many in her position might have lost hope, turned inwards or perhaps abandoned life all together. And yet, without prodding her mind too much, the God could tell that was not the case.

Were the God to not have seen his son approach, he certainly would have felt it. It was as if an entire section of the orchestra, biding their time until their cue, had suddenly and beautifully began to play. The melody took on a new strain as Hototo's harp and voice melded into the sound. The God was well pleased with his son, and he infused that pride and admiration into the song swaying through the grasses.

More and more come, and although the God would have been content to continue until the Sun sank into the sea heralding the night, he would not leave his guests to stand in silence. In a crashing crescendo of sound, waves rose high - threatened to engulf the cliff upon which they stood. Foaming crests slammed together in perfect rhythm, as the entirety of creation seemed to come to life for this final flurry of sound. All at once, at the height of the cadence, the earth fell silent, save for Hototo's childlike humming. The sound, so innocent and pure, would be the end of the melody.

With a smile, the God turned to face the gathered group, towering over them all, but regarding each with care. He folded his earthen wings to his sides with a beaming grin. "Thank you all for listening." He began warmly, his gaze moving to each and every one, companions included. "And to my guest musician." He rumbled to Hototo. The pride and love in his gaze was obvious, and he beamed down at the boy who was slowly growing into his large body, both mentally and physically.

Next, his gaze roams to Cera, who has tucked his head underneath his wing. With a furrowed brow, the God extends his wing to lightly brush against the painted child. "I would never go away for long, Cera. He offered reassuringly, his voice warm and rustic sounding. He sensed a sort of...conflict, within the young boy. Although he was usually so forthcoming, the God decided not to pry. He would hear the child's worries, should he wish to share them.

Looking to Kahlua, the warmth of his gaze did not recede. "You have been busy, crafter. Perhaps you might....share some of your knowledge with Solace here - You might find he has a similar ability..." The God's voice trailed off, as a soft breeze stirred and began to swirl at the stallion's hooves. He had seen the working of a craftsman within him, but also that of a warrior. The God had been conflicted about bestowing the magic of a craftsman upon the stallion, but if this was how his heart wished to serve, so be it.

Emerald eyes fell upon Torleik for a moment - a stallion who had done something to spurn his brother. That of course, was an easy offence to commit, and the earthen figure was not at all put off by the reports of his kin. "You as well, child of the snow. And you - " He concluded, indicating towards the young companion accompanying the unicorn.

Finally, he looked to Aurelia, the golden child hovering by Africa's side. With a warm exhale, the injuries that she spoke of were instantly healed - as were the tired muscles and worries of all who were present. "May you all go in peace and in good health. Carry this music with you for as long as your souls remember it. Although - " He paused, his gaze falling on Tingal and Hototo "- I would speak with you two." Moving to stand closer to his son, the great God sighed with affection and paternal approval. Still, if his son was to follow in his hoof prints, he would have to become bolder, more sure of himself.

"Hototo. There are many things in this world that are worth being fearful of, but cowardice and avoidance must never be the answer, just as surely as rashness of action and violence are not. I ask that you do two things for me. You must spend time with one who inspires fright and unease in you. You must learn about them, and they must learn about you. You must also complete a trial to prove the strength of your soul...You will know it, when the time comes. With a wink of encouragement, he turned to the hybrid.

"You wish to be able to defend?" He asks, gently lurking in the mind of the half-tiger. His dark tail swishes against his hocks as he thoughtfully contemplates the contents of Tingal's mind. "Protection is about more than physical barriers, for there are acts of violence that can permeate through the Earth. If you are to gain the magic of the trees, you must first be able to provide defences to these other aspects as well. Spar with one who has the dark ability to instal fear in your mind, whether through sorcery or through mind-control. Then, meet two more who can either conjure hallucinations, or who can alter your mental state."

Congratulations! Aurelia's wounds have healed, and everyone is left feeling restored and happy. Solace has been gifted with the abilities of the Mason of the Foothills!

Hototo: Must have three separate threads with the same character - that character must be one who inspires fright/unease in him (interpretable however you like). Hototo must open up to them, and they have to open up to him. For his 'trial' merely tag the RE once you would like to begin. Others can join the thread, or he can do it alone.

Tingal: Must spar with someone who has the magical ability to project fear, or who has mind-control abilities. Then he must meet two others who can either create hallucinations/shapes, or who can alter his mental state.

Hototo Posts: 96
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 17.2hh :: 3 years
Boom Boom!

The harp ceases to ring, and the earth falls silent once again. I am left alone with my humming, the beaming smile of father encouraging the sound. The world ends its low rumbling dance, and all of the listeners fall silent, waiting for the words of the great bay. At my own recognition in his speech, I sheepishly grin, my head dashing downward in a bow of respect and to hide the nerves written across my face.

At the sound of Cera's name, I jerk my head back up, seeing the familiar patterns of gold and white, only warped into a large body of a stallion. Often when we were children, I forgot that Cera was the elder. Now, as he stands fully mature next to my father, I am reminded of a small but significant gap. I trot forth, my hooves digging into the sand and propelling me forward to the side of my step-brother, where I aim to gently nudge his shoulder in welcome, as father's attention has already drifted.

"Cera," I whisper, a smile on my face. I had not seen him in months, and I hoped that he would recognize me from the gangly yearling of our last meeting. "I missed you, brother."

Moments pass, the great God shifting through the crowd, acknowledging all and welcoming them with his warm features. His gaze landing upon my own as he speaks a farewell to the company, I smile graciously. I had looked for my father upon the end of the night this spring, but had been unable to meet with him. I suppose that made sense; many reparations likely occurred to the land in the presence of the sun, finally returning home. To be able to spend time in his presence now was a blessing, I thought, and welcomed the opportunity to speak with him.

With surprise, I find that he calls upon me and another for a private conversation, glancing uncertainly from the strange striped fellow to the Earth God. I listen to him politely as his instructions begin. My ears flicker uncertainly at the task, for it was not as simple as growing plants to aid anyone who needed it. This was a test for myself, one that I could not hope to measure up to at this point. I had courage, proven that over the Endless Night by traveling alone, but I often avoided that which caused me unease.

Seeing this flaw, it made sense that my father wished to test my grit. Strengthen me. Could I be strengthened? What should be done?

"I will, father."

Credits: Tamme Art

Cera the Golden Prince Posts: 419
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.3hh :: 6 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Ilaria :: Red Panda :: Heal Brit

Like a magnet they're drawn to him, awed and humble, too shy to approach. His presence alone is dominating, by power. Regardless there is a gentle, loving aura he exudes, and it seems to calm their restless, worried thoughts. Just as when they had first met he is so large, seeming to encompass everything around them, though Cera supposes that in literal terms, that's true. Age has treated him well, though, and the Lord of the Wilds is no longer so massive to him physically. Instead, he is large and spacious in his heart, held in the highest esteem. It may not mean much, to be worshiped and trusted so faithfully by one so insignificant, but for all Cera's doubts, he had never once faltered in his devotion. All the faces of the crowd are just that- faces. Except one; a golden boy with curled horns and a sheepish face. He sings through soil and tree, muscle and sinew, and together they create harmony. Cera was forever jealous of Hototo, but it had numbed into an acceptance that he barely recognized, it hid so well within him. Like a disease.

But the joy and love that swelled inside was just as pure, and it battled that feeling, easily triumphant. Hototo was larger of build, yes, and with age he would far surpass Cera. Still, Cera was older- not that he felt like it, with their differences in personality most days. But...had Cera, too, not changed? He was no longer the same bright-eyed colt that had crashed and burned with Hototo on that grassy knoll with Midas. Was it time he finally assumed the role of an older brother? Would he do it justice, when he was the heart to Hototo's mind? The emotion to his strength? Cera had so many doubts, he had already confessed to it earlier, but this was one of his many larger ones. It plagued his mind constantly, driving him mad with the inability to find the answer.

They were silenced when his name was spoken, and Cera lifted himself from the warm sun-baked earth, endless limbs unfolding like a blooming plant, and he turned to face his treasured brother. So relieved and at-ease with the presence of the Lord not far from their sides, his smile comes easy and warm as the summer orb overhead. "Hototo," he breathes, and it is a lyric so full of love and affection it is like a tidal wave that rushes through every lilt of his speech. Warm, dark nose touches sun-bleached ivory shoulder, and Cera gives a soft, happy laugh as he turns his crown to press his velvet nose to Hototo's cheek. "I as well, brother. It has been far too long! Have you been well?" Instead of the fatherly concern Midas might have spoken this with, Cera speaks in a fashion meant for the two brothers, with curiosity, worry, and a dash of teasing.

Reaching out to lightly tug upon Hototo's mane with his lips, careful not to bite with his teeth, he playfully nudges and pulls at him gently. "Look at you! You're so different! Oh, I've missed you so much Toto, I'm so glad you're here!" and if he throws his wing across the shoulder of his brother, should it be allowed, could anyone blame him? After so long in darkness, and with Midas' disappearance earlier in the season, he did not want to lose another precious person. Hototo was too important to him, if something ever happened to his brother...Cera mentally shook the thoughts away. For now, he would enjoy simply being reunited with his brother.

The moment is broken when Hototo's father calls upon him, and Cera walks beside him, though his shoulder is even with the other youth's flank out of respect to the meeting, to offer his support. Cera knows this procedure well, and Ilaria flicks her soft tail against his spine with a flooding sense of love and affection, because Cera had only ever quested for one thing- her companionship. When Hototo's face became slightly troubled, Cera reached out to press his cheek to the dark blue-chocolate hide of his brother's flank, emerald gazers peering in concern at his familiar caricature. "I will be happy to help you on this quest, if you want it, brother." Nothing would take him from Hototo's side, now that he'd finally found the right path on the spinning compass inside of him to find his way home to him once more.

If your heart wears thin, I will hold you up, and I will hide you when it gets too much
I am Ceraaaa
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!