the Rift

[DROP] Quest Drop #10 Earth | Water

Hototo Posts: 96
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 17.2hh :: 3 years
Boom Boom!

It was by luck that I was visiting the sea.

I had not returned since the day of splashing with my family, when the monster with the golden fish had appeared before Midas. Terrifying, exhilirating, the sea held many treasures we never knew about. Today, I travel separately, though. The end of Tallsun rushing forward toward us, the heat rising like a crescendo. Soon, it would collapse upon itself and the dawn of autumn would arrive. For now, however, the sun beams down upon my outstretched wings.

Like a wave of a stormy ocean, I sail easily. I often think back during my flight to my first lessons. In the past, it had seemed impossible for my weight to be carried by such delicate limbs. Now, each wing spanning nearly eight foot in each direction, my body still growing, it felt like a silly worry. Flight makes one feel light, and maybe that is the trick of it all. If you feel light as a feather, you become light as a feather. It is a nice thought, one that keeps my worries away as I speed through the air like a bullet from a gun.

I am so lost in the feeling of being little but a feather, I nearly do not notice the excitement on the coast. In fact, it is actually my trusty harp who alerts me. The chords begin to play, as if incited by some other cause, a pulse like a wave in my ears. I glance down toward the shore my instrument emulates, and I see him - Father. A grin stretches from ear to ear and I begin to swirl downward, cutting my speed with each loop, looking for a soft patch of sand to land upon.

From my vantage, I notice the harmony of the grasses, the swaying of the ocean waves, and the beaming glow upon my father's face. It appears we have yet another thing in common: the love of music.

Once upon the sands, I turn to stand in attention, my harp beginning to pluck chords to match the tune of water. I bob my head with the beat, feeling the spray of the ocean, the sound of the grass cutting the air brushing my own heart. I begin to hum along unconsciously, feeling the earth begin to dance underneath my hooves. Like father like son, the world standing attention to the song of our hearts. Perhaps some day, I would be able to command all of the world's elements like my father.

Grandfathered :: [Magic: Water | Ability to form a protective bubble of water around himself. One other can be in the bubble with him as long as they are touching.]
Credits: Tamme Art

Messages In This Thread
RE: Quest Drop #10 Earth | Water - by Tingal - 11-17-2013, 12:58 AM
RE: Quest Drop #10 Earth | Water - by Solace - 11-17-2013, 01:18 AM
RE: Quest Drop #10 Earth | Water - by Africa - 11-17-2013, 05:14 AM
RE: Quest Drop #10 Earth | Water - by Hototo - 11-17-2013, 02:09 PM
RE: Quest Drop #10 Earth | Water - by Aurelia - 11-17-2013, 02:26 PM
RE: Quest Drop #10 Earth | Water - by Kahlua - 11-17-2013, 07:07 PM
RE: Quest Drop #10 Earth | Water - by Sacre - 11-17-2013, 07:34 PM
RE: Quest Drop #10 Earth | Water - by Eris_ - 11-17-2013, 08:35 PM
RE: Quest Drop #10 Earth | Water - by Torleik - 11-17-2013, 10:08 PM
RE: Quest Drop #10 Earth | Water - by Cera - 11-17-2013, 11:07 PM