the Rift

[OPEN] the possibility of starting over. [joining]

Aurelia Posts: 307
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 7 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
baylee

I live in the Dragon's Throat. I do not know if I still want to live their anymore. I still like Gaucho, but I do not have to be in the same herd for the possibility of a romance between the two of us. Oh, that doesn't matter, because I'm sure he goes for prettier girls. I'm a simple girl with only lean muscle draped over the mercy of my lithe bode. I do have glossy, wild, cream, locks that cascade down the subtle curves of my feminine, stark, neck. I do not have beautiful heterochromia eyes that stare with a purity all so sweet. My pupils are white (which is weird), instead of a calm dark ebony pupil. I think the only thing going for me-- are my dapples. They are divine and beautiful.

Strangely, my personality isn't normal either. I can't really explain it, but I do not think many people really like my company. I'm jealous of Africa, for she has snatched the position I wanted from under my hooves. I do still love her, but I think she thinks I'm not as sweet and little as she thought I was.

Now, I wanted to fight. I wanted to gain the skills necessary for combat. This is why, I've just made the decision of leaving the Throat. The Dragon's Throat is no longer my home for now, but maybe sometime it will be mine again.

I lifted my cranium into an arch. My wings held loosely by my sides, as my left flank still hurt. I know the wound is healing. I examined it yesterday night (and it's sunrise now), and it had scabbed over. The bruising is still there. This, I know, because I laid on my bad side by accident and felt pain shooting over my body. The underside of my left wing still covered with blood. My strange orbs look straight ahead. I see hills, rolling hills. I stop here, before I walk on them. This scenery here seems oddly like a herdland.

My next question.. "Can I join this herd?" My soft voice spoke loudly today. This was the day I left the Throat. This was the day I started my life. I was growing, and needed to embrace that. I would age into a two year old soon, then I would be independent.

ooc - hoping to join the foothills! i requested a rank change to outcast, so she is outcasted. :3

Success isn't the result of spontaneous combustion.

Brighid Posts: 20
Hidden Falls Tiro
Mare :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 9 Buff: NOVICE
aeolle
Yet more proof of a indolent, lethargic herdland is placed within sight of the Princess of Earth, hardened beating of her heart thrashing within a coiled chest, for she is pressed far too tight already, a spring to which threatens to bounce upward at the merest touch. What is wrong with these pathetic, brainless, unintelligent, immobile (and imbecile) fools that they could not move their rumps but five inches to the borders of their land, that they could not place a hoof outside of their comfortable sleep to respond to live threats and wanderers at their borders? That they let the Outcasts of the realm and creatures of the other herdlands that the Princess has not yet been told what are parade through their borders and frolic in the sunset? The Princess soon expects to see a glorified muscle man with added drool in a tutu prance through her sight next, the woman does not find it so far fetched with the lack of pride her herdmates - the Princess shudders at the name - have now. It was the Foothills luck that the third Princess of Elysia, Daughter of Inanna, knew how to train dogs to grow up and become men. She would teach them to become elegant machines of war, rise them from the ranks of mutts to become the finest of clockwork.

But what had the Princess on a tirade this eve?
A child had her on this tirade. A over-glorified child who stood at the very edge of their borders and seemed to decide if she should dance on her land or not.
If the little brat took a step over the invisible lines of her land, she would rip her a new hole in her body and carve it out nice enough that the imbecile could surgically add a new wing in there for themselves. A three-winged monster, the gleeful voice of the Ink added within the contours of her mind. But no, the Daughter of Inanna would not shred the brat yet, for though the child impressed her not with her gold banners of glitter glue and crayola, she might have the been born the capacity of a brain. Not that the Princess was hopeful - and she valued muscle over the ability to think - but the Princess was coming quick to the conclusion that anything was better then the sparkled Lady of the Hills. Even the term of respect sickened her to her core, and she feels the dramatic urge to vomit her innards out at the very thought of her Queen being a worshiped prostitute.
None of that mattered, of course, as the colossus began over the rolling hills of the glorious landscape, blank expression and condescending stare turned towards the little girl, wings pressed close to warm, slightly sweaty flesh, forelock sticking to droplets of perspiration that formed on her dome. The heat of the Sun above did no favors to the Princess, and the woman cared little of the knowledge it gave her. What did appearances matter?

She was anything but adorned with stealth. The girl would see and hear her far before she came close, if she wished to race away as some fearful mouse.
As she came closer, the firm stare flicked over a deep purple bruise along her left flank, and if her gaze did not betray her,
the scattering of red through light primaries. It told the Princess that the girl had been in a fight, and her blunt voice echoed towards her as she came yet closer, long strides churning the Earth beneath her into gritty, fine dust, and cool, obsidian grime.
"Did you win?"

The rasp of her tones bellowed across the space between them as she came to a standstill on the edge of her borders, a mask of indifference layering a unwavering, uncanny glower.

A mental pause from the stirs of ink in her veins.

What?

The Princess never claimed to be no politician, doll.

AUTHORS NOTE: I cannot accept you, but I felt your thread looked a little lonely for the time being and hoped you wouldn't mind if I joined in!

Brighid</style>
PUT ON YOUR WAR PAINT</style>
Credits
BURTN : XROCKINROBYNSTOCK : CHUNGA-STOCK : GALAXIESANDDUST</style>

Aurelia Posts: 307
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 7 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
baylee

I was not a divine creature, by any means. I was a creature that tended to be more of a sleuth than anything, but that one time playing with the Dragon's Throat Sultan, I was a divine warrior. Could my stealthy ways allow me to make myself look like a mare to be frightened of? I could become one to look up to...

Than in the midst of my thoughts, an opportunity to act waltzed up to me. "Did you win?" What does she mean? I wasn't sure if she was talking to me or some figment of her crazed imagination. What did I lose or win? I could not understand, so I gazed to the left of her. Green pastures where all I could see, but if was magnificent.

The muscles retracting and loosening as I bent my neck to the left-- caused a sore pain to stab me in my side. I flinched slightly, as I looked at this mare again. Me turning my head caused pain from my wound to torture me. I knew what she was talking about. "I didn't lose." My voice was cool and smooth like refined and polished marbles. Of course I did not win in the momentary spar that stranger stallion and I had, but I didn't lose. Telling the truth is a what I did, but I did not tell the complete truth. That truth being that he have this to me, I kicked him, and then I flew off.

"I am Aurelia; a soon to be two year old." A yearling fighting off a full grown stallion, that sounded impressive, did it not? I showed no evidence that I was lying, and honestly, I believed this mare would not be able to tell I was lying.

My delicate audits perked forward as I glanced over this mare's body. She was an odd combination of two colors; green-bronze and brown. She had a blaze, stockings, eyes, mane and tail tips, and the top of her pretty wings. Could this mare teach me to fly, possibly? Wee, fly correctly. I was an awkward flier, but in my defense, I had only flown a few times.

@[Brighid]

Success isn't the result of spontaneous combustion.