the Rift

[DROP] Purity [Earth/Water Magic Drop]

Hototo Posts: 96
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 17.2hh :: 3 years
Boom Boom!
[Image: 5253a7371d5b4]
The sound is like the hum of a small heart. It beats and wanes, beats and wanes, yearning like a call from the pit of the fire threatening to consume it. My bicolored eyes watch the flames and heat swirl about the icy blue color, an ice cube melting in the summer's heat.

I look toward my companion, the enchanted instrument which plays a suspenseful tune in this moment, if a harp ever could be suspenseful. I look toward the birchwood, the emerald gems, the everlasting vines coiled about and vibrating with each perfect pitch. The tune changes, one of upbeat encouragement. I glance downward at the strange metal plate; the scribbles on its surface mean nothing to me, yet somewhere in my heart I feel like they make sense. If I could read the surface, I might ponder more fully about my purity, my place in this world.

As it is now, though, I feel the blue orb hovering like a feather above the heat is a lost soul calling out toward me. I frown, looking from the icy blue toward the emerald gleam of my new friend. I pause, hesitate, ponder. The thought of jumping to rescue it seems a bit insane. Who willingly jumps into a pit of molten fire? I could never manage the leap in one jump, but I do have wings, do I not? I think of the warm air currents Midas spoke of often in our lessons. Would this only lift me up, up and away? Could I use them like a safety if I get too close to the magma?

Why am I even considering jumping into a pit of fire?
I honestly have no idea, but the blue glow of the tiny, shrinking creature makes me reconsider yet again.

"Stay here, friend," I say to my harp, who hovers uneasily near the edge of the pit.

There is not time for thought. The blue light could be a fairy or some other spirit from the tales of old. If I am not to rescue it, who will? I do not know of anyone off hand that would jump into a pit of fire, except maybe Midas who is nowhere to be seen.

I take a few steps back away from the edge. A breath is taken. Okay, two. Okay, three. Damn it, Hototo, you cannot just stand here and breathe all day. My back legs push off, and I rush forward, front legs curling around the rim as I leap. My bronze hooves leave the earth, my body sailing in an artful arch toward the center of Helovia's Heart. I immediately begin to regret my decision. Even without touching the fires, it is damned hot in this pit of fire.

I fold my wings tight to my side, allowing myself to fall naturally in the direction of the blue orb, powered by gravity and fading hope. My muscles are tense, though, waiting for the last moment before I flail my wings outward and hope the warm currents will lift me from peril. I seemed to forget that I am not actually light as a feather, but maybe, just maybe, this will work.

Hope it's okay I crash this too. I figure since he has two separate earth/water magics on his wishlist it would be okay.

Wishlist
Grandfathered :: [Magic: WaterxLight | The ability to create/gather and manipulate ice that looks like water and behaves like water, but freezes things instantly when coated with it.]

Messages In This Thread
Purity [Earth/Water Magic Drop] - by Random Event - 11-17-2013, 08:46 PM
RE: Purity [Earth/Water Magic Drop] - by Oxy - 11-17-2013, 10:36 PM
RE: Purity [Earth/Water Magic Drop] - by Ciceron - 11-17-2013, 11:36 PM
RE: Purity [Earth/Water Magic Drop] - by Midas - 11-18-2013, 12:14 PM
RE: Purity [Earth/Water Magic Drop] - by Hototo - 11-20-2013, 11:41 AM
RE: Purity [Earth/Water Magic Drop] - by Takara - 11-20-2013, 02:59 PM
RE: Purity [Earth/Water Magic Drop] - by Torleik - 11-21-2013, 02:10 PM
RE: Purity [Earth/Water Magic Drop] - by Midas - 11-23-2013, 06:51 PM