[DROP] Purity [Earth/Water Magic Drop]

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod
Torleik
A lone man loved by none:

How long can he live?

Thoroughly disappointed by his continual rejection by the gods, Torleik left the Earth God's symphony with a barely concealed sense of disgust. He was not disgusted with the divines - well, perhaps the Sun God. He was a narcissistic gløggvingr, and that was that. In reality, he felt disgusted at himself.

Surely if the gods continued to deny him, it was because he was lacking in some way. What was it? Was it his faith? Was it his behavior? His internal attitude? Had he not done enough to bring honor to and please the gods?

Everything had been taken from him. Surely he was not still being punished for some wrongdoing he had committed in his youth? Despondent, Torleik found his hooves carrying him towards a place he had not been since he'd won Irelyn: the Heart of Helovia. It was a place of fear for him and he did not wish to go there without a reason.

What was his reason now? To prove something? Irelyn's confused and tremulous presence in his mind reinforced his belief that he had no idea what he was doing here and he paused at the edge of the tall grasses, surprised to see a gathering of others. Another? Again? His curiosity overriding his fear (since all of those present were unharmed, there was no inherent danger other than the ever-present evil of fire), Torleik made sure Irelyn was tucked firmly into her nest on his back, and slowly drew near.

A sneer of disdain could not be held back from his lips as he noticed a few pegasi in this hellish place. Fitting for their vile kind, he snarled and Irelyn gave a confused chirp. The stallion pushed aside the venomous feeling quickly; a young child should not experience such things. It's nothing, Irelyn. Some people aren't as nice or good as others, is all, he tried to explain to her. She seemed to understand well enough and readjusted herself within her nest.

Coming alongside the others, Torleik saw this rock-plaque first, reading the instructions without understanding. A leap? Did horses fling themselves into this pit of hades trying to prove their purity of heart? What insanity would grip someone to think that would prove anything? There was no proof a deity had put this rock here as a test for mortals; some twisted soul could have carved it and placed it at the mouth of the pit just to see who would be foolish enough to take the risk.

A streak caught his eye and Torleik turned, watching a pegasus do just that: fling himself in. "What are yo-aughugh!" Torleik tried to yell, demanding what the crazy fool was doing, but a blast of hot air choked him and made the words catch in his throat. "Whatever deity is watching now, do not let this brave fool perish for his ignorance, if his actions be motivated by it," he murmured to himself, a quiet prayer to anyone who would listen.

The idiot was a pegasus, but Torleik did not wish death upon those he did not know simply because of what they were. Casting his gaze down into the open maw of hell once more, trying to see if there was any hope for this fool, another orb caught his eye. Was it another companion? There did not seem to be anything within this circle of glowing light. What was going on?

Only the pure of heart can make the leap.

Was that what the pegasus had leapt for? Torleik knew he could not follow, no matter how much his compulsions told him he needed to try to rescue that idiot. Fire, lava, dangerous rocks be damned; he could brave them if it was required of him, but he would not, could not put Irelyn in danger that way. Standing helplessly on the edge, he watched, and continued to pray. "Gods, I no longer know what you want from me. But if it be in your will, save this pegasus. If he is pure of heart, let him make this leap. The hate in mine...I could not jump. But he is brave enough to try. Do not take from him his life for his leap of faith."

Wishlist: [Magic: LightxWater | The ability to summon icy rain or sleet in the form of a thunderstorm]

Never been in a magic only drop, so I don't think I have any previous refusals that would count here. Only God quest drop refusals.
Credits: Image by Eagle
[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!

Messages In This Thread
Purity [Earth/Water Magic Drop] - by Random Event - 11-17-2013, 08:46 PM
RE: Purity [Earth/Water Magic Drop] - by Oxy - 11-17-2013, 10:36 PM
RE: Purity [Earth/Water Magic Drop] - by Ciceron - 11-17-2013, 11:36 PM
RE: Purity [Earth/Water Magic Drop] - by Midas - 11-18-2013, 12:14 PM
RE: Purity [Earth/Water Magic Drop] - by Hototo - 11-20-2013, 11:41 AM
RE: Purity [Earth/Water Magic Drop] - by Takara - 11-20-2013, 02:59 PM