the Rift

storm rider

Nyx Posts: 292
Deceased atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 11 HP: 72 | Buff: SWIFT
Dominus :: White Lion :: None Snow
OOC: Sorry for the slow (and crappy) post!

She was not alone for long - she had not allowed herself to fully relax, but her lower lip was drooping and her ears were flopped to either side with her leg gently cocked to rest it. Her head jerked upwards with a start as the colt spoke, and she took a moment to take in his appearance. He was a unicorn, like her, but his horn was a vivid shade of red, and his coat as black as the night sky. His left flank possessed a red splotch, but Nyx was not perturbed - she'd seen far weirder markings during her time in Isilme. "Quite far, yes - I've lost count how many leagues." The days had blended into one another, and the mare found herself unable to decipher just how long she had been alone, how far she had wandered. "I'm...-" She was about to introduce herself when two words penetrated the air around her - Lightning Queen.

Those words had quite an impact on the dove, as she gawped in wide-eyed surprise at the man who had spoken them. It couldn't be - surely not? "Father?" Had he mistaken her for her mother? They were almost identical, save for the fact Querida's horn had been of polished ivory, and of course she'd had those queer blue spirals around it and her left foreleg. But yes, she would recognise that stallion anywhere - he had always shown her more affection than her accursed dam, and she had always held him in higher esteem than the cruel woman who had made her foalhood hell. "Is it you?" She had to be sure; admittedly there weren't many beasts around that looked like Nato, but Nyx had seen enough of the world to know that stories very rarely had a happy ending. It was just too perfect for her to be able to find her sire after so many years.

Then came another familiar face, although admittedly he was just a blurry figure from her earliest sighted memories; an equine stallion who had roamed the Woodlands during Nyx's youth. She could not place his name, until he announced it - Lace. "I think I recognise you from the Woodlands, although I was naught but a child at the time. My name is Nyx. I'm Nato and Querida's daughter." Eagerly she began to move towards Nato, sure now that it was him - what would the chances be of both her and Lace getting confused? - although she made no move to touch him, for fear he would reject her. It had been more years than she cared to remember; she was likely just a faded memory to him, an inadequate ghost of her mother.

Messages In This Thread
storm rider - by Nyx - 11-17-2013, 08:46 PM
RE: storm rider - by Sacre - 11-18-2013, 08:44 AM
RE: storm rider - by Nato - 11-18-2013, 10:08 AM
RE: storm rider - by Lace - 11-18-2013, 12:14 PM
RE: storm rider - by Nyx - 11-20-2013, 06:22 PM
RE: storm rider - by Nato - 11-23-2013, 02:02 AM
RE: storm rider - by Lace - 11-23-2013, 04:52 PM
RE: storm rider - by Nyx - 11-23-2013, 08:32 PM
RE: storm rider - by Nato - 11-23-2013, 11:08 PM
RE: storm rider - by Lace - 11-23-2013, 11:54 PM
RE: storm rider - by Nyx - 11-24-2013, 08:03 PM