the Rift

storm rider

Nyx Posts: 292
Deceased atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 11 HP: 72 | Buff: SWIFT
Dominus :: White Lion :: None Snow

Nyx had grown to be a woman quite different from either of her parents - her time out in the wilderness had moulded her into a different mare than the one she had been when she had left the Woodlands. Free from her mother's shadow she had blossomed, but there were still parts of her personality that reeked of Querida. Her selfishness, however faint, and her vanity; she did what she could to avoid becoming her dam, and tried to ignore the parts of her that reminded her of the LightningQueen. Her father moved towards her and she remained stock-still, leaning into his touch with a pleased whicker. It was unspeakably wonderful to see him again after all these years, after everything that had happened since she had left Isilme. "It's so good to see you again, father," she said. "I missed you." And she had; he had always been a massive presence in her life, far moreso than her cruel mother. "Aye, I have - and you're old now." Her pale eyes widened as she realised that may have been rather rude, and a girlish, self-conscious giggle escaped her lips. "I don't mean that in a bad way, of course. But I can scarcely believe it's been over five years." Time really did fly, and Nato was not the spry young stallion he had once been. The thought of her mother as a cantankerous old woman brought a smile unbidden to her face, but she swiftly hid it.

She turned her attention to Lace, not wanting to completely exclude him but appreciating the privacy he gave them. His extended muzzle was met with a return gesture from the grey dove, another small chuff of greeting given to him. "It's good to see you too, Lace. How have you fared during these long years?" She did not remember much of him, save that he had been a loyal servant to her mother. She was unsure if she had still been in Isilme for the war with the Tides; she had likely fled the place before then, to escape Querida's wicked grasp. She'd remained just long enough to see her brother, Dexter, born, and would have to ask Nato what became of him once they were settled somewhere.

Lace spoke of his home, then, and Nyx gave a wistful sigh at the thought of it - she had wandered alone for so long now that she had begun to crave the stability of herd life. What she wouldn't give to run with mares again, her sisters in all but blood. He extended an invitation to his home, and the ivory girl turned immediately to her father; it was still her instinct to look to him for guidance, despite the fact that she had made her own decisions for the vast majority of her life. "I would much appreciate that, Lace. Should we, Father?" It would be heaven to be able to relax in the safety of a herdland, to eat and sleep in a mundane but enjoyable cycle. But a thought occured to her, one that she hadn't had to consider during her time with the other herd, given that all species had been treated the same there. "Would they welcome us, though, given our horns? I remember Isilme, how segregated the herds were, and how much the different species hated each other. You are equine, and we are not...or are things different here?" She cast a wary glance to the stallion's white dragon; she was naturally fearful of dragons, of their raking fire and their snapping jaws. She was a friend to all species, but she remembered how things had been in Isilme, how the wings on your back or the horn on your head would determine who would be your friends, and who would want you dead.

Messages In This Thread
storm rider - by Nyx - 11-17-2013, 08:46 PM
RE: storm rider - by Sacre - 11-18-2013, 08:44 AM
RE: storm rider - by Nato - 11-18-2013, 10:08 AM
RE: storm rider - by Lace - 11-18-2013, 12:14 PM
RE: storm rider - by Nyx - 11-20-2013, 06:22 PM
RE: storm rider - by Nato - 11-23-2013, 02:02 AM
RE: storm rider - by Lace - 11-23-2013, 04:52 PM
RE: storm rider - by Nyx - 11-23-2013, 08:32 PM
RE: storm rider - by Nato - 11-23-2013, 11:08 PM
RE: storm rider - by Lace - 11-23-2013, 11:54 PM
RE: storm rider - by Nyx - 11-24-2013, 08:03 PM