the Rift

Flickering Shadows

Rishima Posts: 137
World's Edge Moon Advocate
Mare :: Equine :: 16.2 :: 15 Buff: NOVICE
Kali :: Common Griffin :: Draining Clutch Charks
The exquisite fury of the sun god's wrath was not to be quelled so easily, it would seem, and even as I shook from exhaustion and shock, the sudden wave of heat that sprung up behind me forced me to stumble onto burned feet. It would seem that we will suffer no salvation, no respite from the cruel solar fire that raged behind and threatened to consume us all. Only in the harsh wingbeats that beat against the back of my mind was there any semblance of intended rescue, the second pair that had come to supplement Akaith's own; Vikram's arrival could not have been better time, but that did not stop me from wishing that he had not come. This was not his fight, and I would be damned if I saw another hurt on my behalf.

Kali snarls, a feline noise that holds surprising ferocity; Madyrn and Maskan tug urgently at my withers and mane, wedging me between them once more in a desperate attempt to save what remains of our hair from the Sun's bad day. I will have none of this, though. Stubbornly I slam my hooves against the ground, wincing at the agony of seared frogs on rocky earth. "We can't leave them," I snap at my brothers, blind to the danger I am putting myself in, desperation in my voice. The ground is slipping away as my larger, stronger brothers drag me across the terrain, and I know that this battle is one I cannot win. I turn back to gaze at Vikram and Akaith, awed by the firefight raging behind us - "You can't last! Run!" before finally, ultimately, giving in.

But the fire has not given up.

It sears my hide even as I flee it, waves of flame licking at our rumps, the unguent smell of burnt hair and searing flesh whipping my nostrils. Kali is a bright flicker before us, jumping and gliding to escape the heat, small pale figure stumbling over rocks and leaping past gemstone. I urge her on with my mind, willing her to escape better than we have; she, in turn, is crying for Akaith, for me, for some respite against this harsh world.

[ bluh ]

Messages In This Thread
Flickering Shadows - by Rishima - 08-10-2012, 02:50 AM
RE: Flickering Shadows - by God of the Sun - 08-10-2012, 08:30 AM
RE: Flickering Shadows - by Madyrn Maskan - 08-11-2012, 12:29 AM
RE: Flickering Shadows - by Rishima - 08-17-2012, 04:04 AM
RE: Flickering Shadows - by God of the Sun - 08-23-2012, 10:46 PM
RE: Flickering Shadows - by Vikram - 08-27-2012, 01:12 AM
RE: Flickering Shadows - by Madyrn Maskan - 08-28-2012, 01:02 AM
RE: Flickering Shadows - by Rishima - 09-01-2012, 01:30 PM
RE: Flickering Shadows - by God of the Sun - 09-06-2012, 10:08 AM
RE: Flickering Shadows - by Vikram - 09-08-2012, 01:49 AM