the Rift

From the cold, He came..

Beowulf Posts: 48
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18Hh :: 8 winters HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Mykah :: Canadian Lynx :: None Eaglecry

B E O W U L F
...And the beast did come

His pelt gleamed with the sweat that covered his body. The coat her wore much to thick for such warm temperatures. His neck especially felt the heat most. Fur stuck to him in sweaty clumps. The grey blue stallion was struggling to cope, nostrils flared with his struggle and need for thirst. Perhaps leaving his home had not been the best of ideas. Much to his dismay, so far all was not made out to the tale's been spoken. He shook out his many locks of mane, droplets flew from his shaggy fur, his tail flicked around happily, sweeping away plants that where a little too tall, snapping their stalks where his tail touched.
The climate may have been very durable for other's, the forest laden with shelter and a cool air gently blew through the tree's, weaving in and out, playing with the leaves, making then dance to it's own doing, The silvery Stag raised his horned face to the canopy, never before had he seen so much green in one place. Orange orbs struggled with the vast amount, there simply was just too much for his Artic brain to comprehend. Beowulf snorted in derision, a little taken back when he did not see his own breath on the wind. what was wrong with this place? Was there something so different about it, that nothing he knew of, worked here? Confused and a little shaken from his core, the gentle giant stepped further into his vast green surroundings.
One step and he suddenly felt strange, like a wave washed over him, clearing him of any illness, imperfections. But yet the sweat built upon his coat, he lips where still dry, parched from the incredible; to him, heat. Water. The stallion thought almost instantly. Nostrils pointed forwards, flaring wide as he took in every scent around him. Damp earth, sweet, rich foliage. His mouth watered, so used to dry and nutrient lacking, plants, his body now craved the taste of something so rich and healthy. But first he wanted a bath, his hair matted and uncomfortable, it bothered the boy, one thing he hated was untidy looking hair. He was clean and like to keep himself pristine.
He went on, but without much a hint of water. It was all around him within the foliage, but not fresh, running water, his nose so keen to such a treasure, from being in a frozen world.
"This is rediculous" The stallion complained aloud, he'd picked up on many, others like him; Unicorn. and those of things he did not understand; Pegasus, Equine. They shared a vague simularity, but not enough for him to understand, having never met what the scent came from, his brain could not picture what it was. Though it did not phase him, he simply did not care. Only one thing had his attention. The search for water, a pool to bath in. The longer it took, the more roused he'd become.

"blah blah blah."

493 words

Arah Posts: 343
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Wynter :: Royal Griffin :: Draining Clutch Frostie
"I agree." The heat was affecting Arah in ways that upset her greatly. She would rather be chilling out in The Basin, Relaxing where it was cool, apparently she had grown to be rather partial to the colder weather of The Basin. "After living so long in a chilly herd land, I find myself missing the cold." Smiling Arah dipped her crowned head. When she raised her eyes, the mare studied the horned stallion in full. He was pleasing to the eye, this impressive build was most striking. Hair covered him from almost head to foot, no doubt this beastly stallion was missing from a colder climate. The Basin would be a perfect home for him, if he was interested in coming with her of course. One of Arah's best traits was convincing overs to listen to her voice. The white raven knew that she could be quite convincing when it came to the cause of The Basin. A light breeze ruffled the last of her winter coat, and a fly flew over head. It was a warm day, and they both had sweat covering their bodies. The sweltering heat wasn't fun to hang around in, taking care to remain in the shade, the Impersonator of The Basin was ready to return home.

"Welcome to Helovia friend, my name is Arah and I hail from Aurora Basin." Moving closer the ivory doe watched the big stag's movements carefully. Not wanting to seem imposing the mare was still careful to keep a little distance between them. There was always a danger when it came to meeting unknown stallions in the Threshold. "What should I call you sir?" she asked politely. As the breeze caught the salty water on her coat, the mare felt a great sense of relief. It wouldn't do to hang around in this heat for much longer. Arah was desperate to feel the cold of The Basin once again, the thought did not want to leave her head. The doe kept her face clear though, she didn't want to rush the stag in to a decision of seem far too pushy. As another bird flew over head, Arah followed it's flight until the trees cut it off from view. Heat waves tumbled through the air, and the white doe sighed lightly waiting for the stags response.

"I do miss the cold comforts of the Basin." Laughed the white mare.

" "
401 words.
@[Beowulf]
[Drawing by Sei]

Create loud silences, make the world believe in you.

And I ain't afraid to die, I’m afraid of going to hell.

✽ Force and magic permitted. ✽
✽ No fatal or permanent damage. ✽
✽ Please only tag in opening posts. ✽

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod
Torleik
A lone man loved by none:

How long can he live?

Torleik watched yet another materialize from within the trees of the Threshold and cocked his head to the side, immediately sensing from this stallion's pelt that this newcomer and he shared a similarity: a homeland with a cold clime. Helping Irelyn back into her nest that was situation on his back, the dual-horned stallion began to make his way over to this prospect.

As was usual, someone else made it to him first, and Torleik's eyes narrowed. Had he not seen this female at the Basin herd meeting? She spoke up in Deimos' defense, if he remembered correctly. She introduced herself as Arah and stated her home as the Basin, and his suspicions were confirmed. He had seen her at the herd meeting, then. Nodding politely to Arah, Torleik introduced himself as well. "Welcome to Helovia in the sweltering season of Tallsun, my friend," he rumbled, rivulets of sweat running down his neck and sides, adding white, foamy streaks to his already white-sprayed rabicano patterning. "I am Torleik, also from the Aurora Basin north of here, and you look to be parched. There is a small stream this way, if you wish to slake your thirst. We can all continue this little meeting there?" he said, not striving to upstage a fellow Basiner - but they could all probably use a little cool water to drink.

Credits: Image by Eagle
[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!

B E O W U L F

Fluffy ears twitched upon the sound of a gentle female voice, like soft tinkling bells. Pleasant and gentle. His bearded face titled towards the white maiden. Instantly she remained him of his mother. If she was just somewhat more hairy, then it would simply be her in person, without her presence. He smiled gently, offering the gesture back to her in a polite manor. "I too, miss the cold. But sometimes change is better" His voice rumbled through the tree's, deep and echoing. But his words were gentle and held a polite tone. His voice somewhat expectant of such a large hairy beast.
Cloven hooves pawed at the ground, not out of frustration, but purely to keep his mind at peace. The heat was bothering him more than it should. His coat may have been on the thinner side right now. But it was just still too thick for any kind of heat. His tail trailed along the ground, feeling too lazy to pick it up. He was going to regret that later, when he was cleaning the dirt, entangled within the hair. Right now, he was focusing on not snapping at the mare who glistened brightly in the green forest. Her colour just a reminder of the vast white plains he once settled. The dark silvery, blue stallion glanced around the area he had come to a stop in. The place was somewhat pretty; if it weren't for all the tree's. The stallion liked the open plains, mountains and a view to kill for. Orbs the colour of the sun, fell back upon the ivory mare. Horns pointed towards her. "A pleasure to meet you Miss Arah" He dropped his head lower in a respectful way, tilting his cranium to the side, so his horns were not rudely pointing at her. Where he hailed from, it was considered rude to do such a thing. Drilled into him from the start, he could not fight his ways. "I was born as Beowulf" His words even were respectful. His tone happy nor sad, it just simply was how it came. Emotions never really crossed the beasts face, a simple man with a blank face.
The stag was unsure what to say to this maiden, he knew but nothing of her, so he felt strange asking her personal questions, or anything for that matter. He wasn't such a great talker in the presence of a lady. Fluffy satellites flicked about above a head of hair, dampened by the sweat oozing from his pours. Someone else had joined them in the time she had introduced herself. He hadn't not seem them, just simply distracted. He gave kind regards in the from of a head nodded in the darker unicorns direction. His coat too gleamed with the sweat, rolling of each one of the three's torso's. The sun's heat too powerful for most, by the looks of it. Slightly glad he wasn't just the only one not coping. "A pleasure, Torleik" his words spoke as a bow in formation, without the stag so much as moving a muscle, making as smaller movements as possible.
So the basin was a colder place? he perked up at her words. "Do, tell me more of this so called, Basin place you talk of. You have my full attention" His tail flicked around his legs, hairs whipping around his hocks, leaving a slight stinging sensation behind. "That sounds nice Torleik, please show the way"

"blah blah blah."

576 words

@[Arah]

"Beowulf." Arah tested the name, letting the sounds roll off her tongue. She was curious about the origin of his name, however because she got the chance to question him about it, someone could be herd approaching them. The mare turned and watched the new dark stag approach their little meeting. Her eyes watched dark stag who just appeared, as he introduced himself as Torleik. Offering the new comer a smile, the ivory doe gave an elegant nod of her crowned head at his words. A nice refreshing drink would probably be quite nice. Beowulf asked after The Basin, and Arah paused and considered her answer. For The Basin was an ever changing place, what she may have said to someone last week certainly did not apply to this week. "The Basin is a most glorious place." Her soft and gentle voice filled the air, golden orbs studied the great shaggy stallion before her. "It's a place of snow, cold and a tough terrain in all honestly." The first time she had entered the Basin, the doe has nearly broken her ankle. "However within the icy peaks is a family, you'll find people who wish to become or sister or brother." Or maybe even more if you're lucky.

Turning to Torleik, The Impersonator added. "I think a drink would be quite refreshing." Taking a step forward, the supple doe felt that she quickly desiring to have a drink on a day like this. "If you would be so kind as if to lead the way Sir Torleik." As Beowulf also voiced his agreement, Arah softy exhaled a sigh of relief. "The Basin is also a place where people will go out of their way to help you." This was a prime example, as she turned to her herd mate Arah was glad that she had chosen The Basin to be her home. Within The Basin's walls she felt safe and it would make her incredibly happy to know that she had played a part in someone's feelings of safety within The Basin.

" "
342 words.
@[Beowulf] @[Torleik]
I am so sorry, I didn't realise how long I actually left this. I won't let it happen again. Promise.
[Drawing by Sei]

Torleik

How long can he live?

As usual, Torleik was the more silent of three that had converged on to one location, and simply nodded when both this Beowulf and Arah asked him to show the way to the nearby stream. He listened as the two talked, hearing the stallion's questions and Arah's answers, wondering at why she chose to speak as she did.

The Basin was a place where others helped each other?

Interesting. He had not found that to be the case, as of yet. Not outside of Ulrik, at least - and he had also fought Ulrik. Deimos had not helped him. He had the acquaintance of few others in the Basin, and to his knowledge, they were not overtly helpful. Who were these helpful people Arah was conjuring?

With a small shrug to himself, Torleik continued to lead, the gurgling of the stream reaching their ears. "Just ahead," he broke in, falling silent once more. Once at the stream, and parched throats cooled by the water, the stallion regarded this newcomer with curiosity. "May I ask where you hail from?" he inquired of Beowulf. Those who were also from cold climes felt...familiar to him. Like those he used to know at home.

No man is an island.

Beowulf

T
his Arah maiden, she seemed very deceiving. Her words, voice; soft and gentle like tiny little bells jingling sweetly into your ears. But her body language, it was strong, on the defense. He knew of people like that, ones that needed to be watched with a careful eye. Something about this mare made him feel edgy, almost even making him stand closer to the male, Torleik. His Onyx horns were glorious and large. the symbols reminded him of the place he once called home. Ahzidur. A land of cold and ice all year round; well apart from those minor summer days. High in the mountains, however still remained snow capped, glaciers a danger as they shifted, carving the land in strategic places. Members of the herd he'd gathered within had tragically lost their lives to the happenings. Quickly they learned of where to set camp, staying safe when the sun melted the ice caps.
He'd become so engrossed in his own thoughts, the stag hadn't even noticed they had reached the nice cool stream. The running water almost made him crazy with thirst. Almost bumping into the back of the dark, as night Stallion. Pulling himself together, glancing around his vicinity, checking the area before he bowed his head down to drink. The hair that sprouted from his chin, swam in the crystal pool, as his nose grazed the surface, creating tiny ripples to disturb the surface. He didn't drink for long, before he raised his cranium. Again he checked his surroundings. The stag was too used to having to watch for attackers. Wolfs prowled the lands he once lived. They would attack at random, mostly when the prey's back was turned, in their most vulnerable state. The wolfs would attack.
Just as the stag was about to lower his maw to the slightly warmed waters, the one going by the name of Torleik spoke to him directly. He gave the stag his respect with direct eye contact. His pupiless orange eye's held a soft expression, towards the ice blue eyes, that showed a certain kindness. "I come from a land far away from here. A Land always covered by ice and snow. Ahzidur." He spoke rather formally, but it was polite in the way he did so. "This Basin. It sounds much like Ahzidur. Perhaps you both.." he looked over to the white mare. "Can show me the way there. I would much like to get out of this heat" he spoke, almost as if he wiped the sweat that dripped down his face. Shaking out his lush mane the beast flicked tiny water droplets all around him. The heat was still bothering him.
OOC: If its hard to read please let me know;_;

Beowulf must have felt more relaxed around the fairly quiet Torleik, not once did the hairy beast respond to any of her comments or ask her to elaborate. Surely he would want to know who these souls were, that liked to help. Lapsing into silence the mare followed the other two, listening to their hooves gently fall onto the ground. Perhaps she had said something that insulted him, or maybe he couldn't believe her, but the way Beowulf's body language spoke...well it left her confused. They reached the stream and the white supple mare elegantly lowered her crowned head to take a few grateful gulps from the water. Then gracefully, Arah turned to listen to Beowulf's words, his homeland did sound most glorious. When he requested to be lead to The Basin, for the first time Arah did not smile at him, even when he glanced towards her. Instead she remained silent, watching the hairy stallion that was possibly cold shouldering her. Talking about The Basin is one thing, actually taking him there, to her family? Especially after they had just only met...well that was another thing entirely.
Arah's downfall was that she liked and trusted pretty much everyone. However, this stallion had done little other than talk, he had given her no reasons to actually trust him, even though she did already like him and the way he spoke.

At least if he messed up while she was watching him, she would be able to grab Deimos to assist her in her removal. It was the same with everyone that she brought to The Basin. The ivory doe watched them until she trusted them with her family. Arah remained silent however, she would let Torleik take over this meeting. Golden orbs watched the other two stallions for a moment, then she turned back to the stream and had another quick drink. It was a fair way back to The Basin, while they traveled home, Arah would continue to remain mostly silent and watch the new member of her family carefully. No doubt it would't take him long to gain her trust, after all, Arah wanted to trust others. It was just her nature.

Turning back to the meeting, Arah watched Beowulf for a moment and the gave a slight nod in Torleik's direction. If the darker stallion was ready to lead the other, than the ivory mare was ready as well.

" "
404 words.
@[Beowulf] @[Torleik]
[Drawing by Sei]

I'm so sorry for the wait. T-T And for the crappy post that's going to follow this. But I want to at least officially lead Beowulf to the Basin for you, Eagle.

Torleik

How long can he live?

Unlike Arah, Torleik did not trust everyone. In fact, he was more likely to assume they would eventually do something against him than not, given events in his past. However, the knowledge that he needed to recruit, and the assurance that most within the Basin would not be pleased if a turncoat joined their ranks made him rest a little easier upon the thought of a new face joining within the icy confines of his home.

The dark stallion snorted to himself, thinking he should stop throwing that word 'home' around so loosely. Seeing that Arah conceded the lead of this little encounter to him, the dual-horned demon smoothly stepped into the role. "Follow me," he said simply, leading the large stallion northward, picking through the trees carefully.

The further they traveled, the cooler it became until the air was chilly, even in the Tallsun weather. The grass was more sparse here, a sort of perennial tundra taking up residence in the soil, and Torleik paused at the natural passageway into the Basin the mountain ranges made. "The Basin," he announced, nodding forward. He wanted the newcomer to go first just a little, so that he could keep an eye on him now. Not out of suspicion per se, but more curious wariness.

No man is an island.