the Rift

Elements of Life | Sun god

God of the Sun Posts: 198
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17 hh :: Ageless
Admin

I'll never see any side of heaven
I'll walk for miles through a blazin' hell

The Oracle's fire had long since been ignored, and the Sun God found that he was not angered to be summoned again. This mare needed his council, and he was pleased that it was he who was summoned. As his golden orbs scrutinized her reactions, flames rolled off of his lithe figure in subtle, hypnotic waves. Wings curled closely into his sides, the feathers whispering and shivering in a breeze that did not exist along with thick tendrils of creamy mane.

She did not cower, but arched her elegant neck in a respectful bow. The God simply nodded his slender, handsome face in return, tossing spurts of flame into the sand. A brow raised on his luxurious golden hide as the God listened to her request. The Lore of Helovia? That would take ages... multiple lifetimes... HIS lifetime. A small, patient smirk curved his lips, and he let out a great sigh, a hot, gust of wind whistling past her ebony tresses.

"Ages I can speak of, and yet nothing of importance will rise from my words," he replied cryptically, his voice distant and thoughtful. "Your question is too broad, but I shall offer you something from a recent past, before your arrival." The Sun God closed his eyes of liquid gold and the Oracle's flame erupted into a wall of burning fire. Within an instant, the fire created a circle around the God and the Oracle, trapping them in a comforting, harmless heat.

Images began to dance in the flames, visible only to the Oracle's eyes. "Those who once lived here murdered each other to the last. Two equine lords of the Foothills and the Throat fought for the rights of Helovia. Their entire herds, mares and foals included, battled in a fruitless game of blood and bone. Your kind, though nomadic noncombatants watched as Helovia was destroyed around you. In a final effort to please the gods, you dragged the bodies of the fallen warriors to the Spectral Marsh where many of their souls still remain, trapped."

The images of the war and the subsequent burials were graphic and disturbing, red fire leaking from bodies in symbolic blood. "The unicorns hid among their trees in what you now call the Edge. Many became one with the mist, wraiths whose souls now belong to my sister. A few, namely Hellena, have remained - ancient relics of an age far gone." The Sun God paused and leveled a serious glance at the roaned Oracle.

"If there is one thing you can be sure of, it is that history repeats itself. Nothing is consequential. "

The wall of flame dissipated instantly, returning once more to the single pillar that would forever burn, and the Sun God's helpfulness was waning. Irritation at being in this plane of existence was growing apparent, and he grunted once to punctuate his impatience. "Is that all?"

Messages In This Thread
Elements of Life | Sun god - by Cassiopeia - 08-10-2012, 04:19 AM
RE: Elements of Life | Sun god - by Cassiopeia - 08-14-2012, 01:54 PM
RE: Elements of Life | Sun god - by God of the Sun - 08-23-2012, 11:28 PM
RE: Elements of Life | Sun god - by Cassiopeia - 08-30-2012, 04:13 PM
RE: Elements of Life | Sun god - by Cassiopeia - 09-11-2012, 02:12 PM