the Rift

[OPEN] Lets get our hooves dirty (guacho, africa, open)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
 Midas</style>

quote quote quote
quote quote quote

The young phoenix stretched her head passively across my spine, nearly purring as a contented cat might and all the while clicking her beak together uneasily. This show of affection is rare and spurred by a strong dislike for caves and dark little hollows. When Silas clacked his predator like bill together Fina stiffened and turned her attention his way as if just now realizing that he was in the group. Tenderness was quickly washed away, tiny bird brows narrowed as her streamline body rose from the mass of ivory feathers that had cradled it. Endless fire scorched her back, streaming beautifully down each feather into hues of gold and red. Narrowed eyes purposely drew away from the dark avian in a faced of disinterest. But such was a lie, she puffed out her chest and fanned those long flaming feathers across my spine All in a vain effort to appear collected, unattached.

A rare smile formed on Guacho’s face, raising his sweaty brow in amusement that lasted for the briefest of moments. Since Africa didn’t know of this cavern and I didn’t know much about caverns in general, there was no qualms when Guacho pushed ahead and choose to travel first. I’d not been raised for caves of any sort and as we passed the arch there was a tightening flutter alive, it caused my head to glance up halfway expecting a trap to suddenly spring as the mountain laughed gleefully while it flattened our compact bodies into mush. Fina cringed and very nearly started whimpering before again realizing that Silas was watching. Eagles guided our path, a boon from Guacho’s ability to produce spirits from his talisman.

I followed after Gaucho, close to his flank yet aware of Africa and her needs. Ears and eye swivel as we crunch along, keeping close watch of the walls we encountered on this fire lite path. The way was spun effortlessly and carried us to a wide cavern, were we are able to finally stand apart instead of standing single file. The dun stallion stalks over to a nearby wall, scrapping the glass like stone with his bone arrangement that rested close to breast.

We stood as wide eyed children in this mighty place, “Extraordinary,” I whisper in awe. Fina cowers slightly, glancing up toward the dark ceiling she knew existed even if we couldn't see it. “Let’s travel a little deeper,” if one listened carefully they might hear the sound of something flowing, “I hear rushing water.”

Image by: Sei
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lets get our hooves dirty (guacho, africa, open) - by Midas - 12-29-2013, 06:14 PM