the Rift

Blue Horizon

Evers the Able Posts: 82
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2hh :: 12 Buff: NOVICE
Rita :: Greyhound :: Water Mold imi
Evers the Able
We're just two little street angels with dirty faces

The outside world had been an interesting enough experience, that was, enough to take his mind off other things at least. Duties he'd felt he'd quite rashly tossed aside in hope of finding the life he'd always wanted, the vagabond dreamer whose only love was to study. However, living that dream was something completely different and much lonelier than he first thought, even with Rita by his side. Blue eyes glance down to her familiar lithe figure with a crooked smile, it had also been unfair on Rita though he knew she would not say such things to him. Yet, he did not regret the travel the only regret he had was absence of familiar faces in his life. He could not deny the lesson it taught him and maybe even the destiny he had, to live and die as part of Helovia. Perhaps that was what brought him back here, to the lively green wood of the claiming grounds, of a place that came with so many memories both wonderful and bitter. He wondered what happy times and ill will had befallen it in the days he had been missing, because Evers knew very well first hand what happenings could go down in such a land. He wondered if Archibald was still fist first, talk later (if possible), ever the anti-diplomatic much to Evers' relief. He couldn't imagine the brute taking two minutes to ask himself about the consequences before throwing his kicks at whichever poor fellow, who had unfortunately, pissed him off.

Did Irrydae finally find a bit of happiness that she deserved? He pushed aside her beautiful features from his mind, what right did he have to intrude on her now? After he'd left so rudely and unkindly. So many mixed feelings, but one minute at a time, he would sort it out. One way or another. For now he didn't quite know where to go or what to start with, it was with that he decided to remain in the Threshold. The claiming area was usually occupying a few determined souls who looked for weary travelers to join their homes or causes. Perhaps he would find a little more direction starting here.

The pair stopped in a small clearing, Rita retreating back onto her haunches, tail wagging from side to side. She had been excited all the way here and had missed the place as much as her bonded. Her eyes hungered for a new adventure to start as the sun peeked through the branches, coating them in a warm glow.

[open to all <3]

Locket Posts: 74
Up For Adoption atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2hh :: 7 HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Teppei :: Giant Panda :: Stormcall Adoptable

Lend me your hand and we'll conquer them all
But lend me your heart and I'll just let you fall

Finally heading back to the Threshold, the stallion finds his peace as he paces forward. His cloven hooves hit the worn path where many before him had headed into the undergrowth to retrieve new blood for their herd. His nose was his guide as he wove through the trees, feeling small against the towering forms. His lithe body glides along as he quickens his pace, his nostrils flaring as he worked his body. The gentle wind picks up a scent familiar to the stallion, his pearl lobes jutting forward as he hears the sound of hooves, marching onward.

Fleeing from the path he trod, the sooty chestnut finds himself gazing at the former Chief of the Foothills, the familiar blue boy and his hound. Smiling, Locket takes several strides forward, entering the clearing the pair stopped in. His pale lips have grown a small smile, which was brighter in his eyes. "Evers, long time no see, eh?" The leaf eyes of the stallion show hints of humor, his pools showing laughter while his mouth was shut in a bright smile. He felt pleased that he had found a familiar face within the Threshold, one that he had seen many times before. However, he was confused as to why Evers had gone to the Threshold and not to the Foothills upon arrival.

Locket and Evers had retreated from the Foothills at almost the same time, both called away for reasons unknown. Locket had gone off to think and explore the outside world, but the reason of Evers' leave was still unknown to him. "How have you been brother?" The stallion strides closer and bows his crown, mossy pools hitting the companion of the stallion, a greyhound the sat loyally beside her master. Locket's stomach twists in a manner that reminds him of his quest. He inhales, reminding himself that he needed to continue on his own quest.

"talk talk talk"

[because why not :P]

xjrlokix.flickr

Locket talk :: L = R

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod
Torleik
A lone man loved by none:

How long can he live?

More cautious now that he had the equivalent of a small child to care for, Torleik found himself spending more time in the Threshold than he had ever assumed he would, given the neutrality of the claiming grounds. He felt that Irelyn would come to less potential harm here than other places, and it gave her a chance to stretch her wings - literally and figuratively.

The dark stallion was not surprised to see yet another duo of bodies moving amongst the trees and with a mental beckoning, he indicated his bonded companion should follow him. He set his pace slow, allowing for Irelyn's tiny steps, and was unperturbed to see that the two unicorns interacting seemed to already know one another.

"Gentlemen," he greeted, that not a word he would normally use to address other males, but Torleik did not underestimate the power of a polite introduction. "You two seem acquainted already - I am Torleik. I do not believe I have met either of you prior." Why he felt compelled to recruit for the Basin, he was unsure.

Perhaps he desired to atone for his previous actions that might have been considered ungrateful towards his home. Though only he and Ulrik knew of those actions, he still felt...as if he needed to prove himself. Maybe that was because his first attempt to do so had failed, and by such a small margin that he still had trouble fully accepting it.

Regardless, he was here now, and he glanced down at Ireyln, watching her large yellow eyes observe these two others curiously, their color standing out in such stark contrast against her downy, black baby feathers. A tremor of trepidation vibrated their bond and the griffin scooted a little closer to one of Torleik's feathered feet, shoving her head under the soft, long hair intended to help keep her bonded's feet warm. A soft smile crinkled his eyes more than it curved his lips; it was cute that she felt safe now, barely covered by some of his hair. Babes, they were innocent and pure.

Credits: Image by Eagle
[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!

Irrydae Posts: 111
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: Seven
paddeh
Dear Evers,

Now that the half year mark has passed, I'm trying to get better again. Why is this so hard? Shouldn't I be used to it?

It's time for me to get back to duties. I visited the Earth God the other day. I still feel bad for not fulfilling my duties after you left. I'll have to make it up somehow. I decided it's time to frequent the threshold again. I've visited a few times and have been left empty handed, so I guess it's time to step it up. I meandered around the Foothills unsure what to do today before deciding to go the the Threshold.

I opened my wings and flew. The air rushing through my air and over my skin feels so good, it's too bad you can't experience it with me. Maybe one day I'll get the magic to give you the gift, the ability, the wonderful freedom of flight. But, you'd have to be here for that to be possible.

When I got there, I spent hours looking. For some unknown reason, for the weird feeling in my gut. I could smell Locket's fresh scent, so he was here somewhere too. I don't know why I continued looking. But I did. It was peaceful, and my patience was unlimited, so I continued on. I knew there were newcomers here, somewhere, but I couldn't manage to find them. And in the distance I could smell Locket so I picked up my pace to go along with him.

'Evers, long time no see, eh?' I hear him say, and I stop. Dead stop, golden eyes wide and body numb. What? He must know I am here, and I can't believe he would do something like that to me. Suddenly, anger bubbled within me and I charged forward angrily. I was going to kick him. Yes, I decided I was going to kick the stupid stallion for that. I didn't expect him to do something like that to me. Anger freshly coursing through my veins, I marched in there, hair astray and eyes narrowed, staring at the red butt of the panda stag and imagining my nice hoof print right there.

And that is when I saw you.

Love always,
Irrydae

I don't hear Locket. I don't hear the other stallion. For all I knew, they aren't even there.

I stutter, knees locked, in a dead stop that nearly sent me wheeling overboard. But no. Not possible. No. No. No. Not real. Not real. There is no way! My heart has stopped. Did I pass out? Was I hallucinating? My nares flare, taking in the very real scent of the blue stallion. My golden eyes glimmer, hopeful and angry, wings held out as if ready to burst into flight. I want to say so much, but nothing else comes out. My throat locks up and my hear stutters unevenly, blood draining to my feet as I stare. All I do is stare.

"Evers." I say, voice strangled.

venomxbaby | solarka-stock | featherstockimages@ da
[Image: wu5k41.png]
please tag irry in every post! magic & aggression allowed w/o death

Hidden Account
Evers the Able

They're coming.

Evers smiled at his bonded and waited patiently for his visitors to reveal themselves. It had been quite a while since he had the opportunity of faces to converse with and icy blue pools glittered with both excitement and nervousness. Depending on who it was that appeared from the trees, he wasn't quite sure how he would be received. Part of him wished for strangers, uncertainty still plagued the unspoken words to explain his absence, even if that did sound cowardly to the skinny blue. On the other hand, a familiar soul would not be a displeasure, Evers was eager to know if his friends were living out their lives in peace and good health. In the end the first features he laid eyes on was the familiar orange and white of Locket, an executioner of the Foothills when he had just been a stallion. The Able never really got chance to get to know the boy properly, but what he did know of him was that he had a strong sense of duty and an outside shell of kindness. Laughter bubbled to his lips and he let out a deep chuckle, offering Locket a curling half smile of familiar friendliness, a pang of longing striking through him as he smelt the scent of the Foothills off his coat.

"Indeed! Well met, Locket" he answers just as the second question came and his former herd mate strode forward, Rita wagging her tail a little more furiously (if that was possible) as the panda marked stud came closer, admiring the intricate curls that cascaded down fiery fur. "I'm in good health, but nothing quite compares to Helovia, especially when I have so many memories here... Plus, I think Rita missed it." He glanced fondly at the greyhound before his feet, knowing that he may never have come back if it wasn't for her and for that he was grateful. "How fares the Foothills?" He offered Locket in return, knowing that this stallion had followed him out of the their home to go on his own travels, though he knew nothing of where or why, but he was taking a guess that the panda child had returned in the meantime.

Another voice, a strangers voice, broke into their conversation then and Evers turned to view the splash of obsidian against blooming summer trees, a set of weapons protruding from his head like he was some devils servant or the devil himself with a strange pattern to his mane. He was a very imposing figure and Evers found the polite tones a little odd coming from such a brutish looking stallion, but he appreciated them all the same and returned them with a similar kindness. "A pleasure, Torleik. I am Evers, formerly of the Foothills, and this is Rita." He went to nod to his companion, but frowned instead as he shifted to see what on earth her gaze had been so captivated by. As it turns out, she had spotted the strange creature who buried itself in daddy's leg tassels, a creature Evers had never seen before and he smiled in wonder. Leave it be he chided Rita who squirmed at having to sit still so cute! I wouldn't hurt her, I swear! Evers chuckled and shook his head I'm sure you wouldn't, but I don't want you scaring a youngling. Rita gave a defeated look and Evers knew he'd get an earful about it later. "Have you traveled far?" His attention turned briefly back to Torleik, interested in knowing more about the fascinating duo before him, however it wasn't long before Evers realized he had another, unexpected visitor.

He meets her beautiful eyes with a startled expression, freezing up much like she had, taking in the purple against the brown, her familiar scent and comforting presence. He wasn't ready for this, but he had to be, because Irrydae deserved more than what he had given her. Her voice was the song to his life and it twisted his heart to hear her strangle his name, this was his fault. His doing and he had a lot to do before forgiveness could even be spoken, if she entertained forgiving him at all. The roan managed to free his shocked tongue, straining his lips into a smile as he tried to hold back the emotion that simply wanted to pour out. "Irrydae" what now? He wanted to tell her how much he had missed her, ask about her well being... Was she okay now? Did she still have nightmares? Yet, if he ever had the right before to pry into her life before, he certainly did not now.

Instead he took refuge in Rita's gleeful yips, the nervous smile still crowning his lips.
"You look well."

Locket Posts: 74
Up For Adoption atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2hh :: 7 HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Teppei :: Giant Panda :: Stormcall Adoptable

Lend me your hand and we'll conquer them all
But lend me your heart and I'll just let you fall

"Indeed, well met Locket."

The red tinted stallion smirks, listening to his response to his questions. Evers speaks of memories, then saying his bonded had missed it as well. Locket smiles, opening his pale kissers to add his own words to the mix. "Aye, a reason I came back as well. Nothing compares to the memories and the familiar faces." Locket nods his head in agreement, stopping dead when the stallion asks how the Foothills fares. "Not well, I'm sorry to say. Its fallen apart after we helped the Basin invade the Edge." The stag shakes his head solemnly, flicking his ears back as a rustling in the bushes announces the arrival of another.

The warrior turns his head to face a dark unicorn with white brindling streaming down his body. He is followed by a young griffin, who had the face of a barn owl but the body of a feline. Locket had heard of these mysterious beings before, but in truth he had never met one so close before. He peers at it for a while, studying the little wings growing from it's shoulders. The steed blinks, tilting his head as he watches the thing closely, curiosity flickering like a freshly lit candle. Questions flowed from the flame, swirling and twisting like smoke as the panda-faced stud tries to think of what a bond with another creature would be like. Would his mind be occupied by the own creatures thoughts? Would the creature be needing more care and attention than he can offer as an active warrior of the Foothills? The stallion pushed aside his worries, knowing that sooner or later he would receive a companion of his own. Then he could experience the thrill first hand. A small smile crosses his lips before another leaps through the bushes, almost like a freight train hurling over the land, this flash of flesh is barreling towards him.

Locket leaps back, startled by the raging mare. She seems just about ready to kick him square in the jaw, her brows narrowed. The stag now realizes it is she who has been smelling so sweet, this taunting scent had been wafting up his nostrils ever since he ran into the blue roan unicorn. She stops dead as soon as the mare's golden eyes reach Evers, Locket taking another few steps back towards the black stallion and his familiar. He watches as the mare coughs up Evers name, obviously struggling to say it. Evers says her name, Irrydae he called her. Locket swings his head to look at the mare closer, green eyes scanning over her. She was a canvas of brown, dusted with purple, covered in stars. Her mane and tail were purest ivory, although her tail began as a violet hue.

"talk talk talk"

xjrlokix.flickr

Locket talk :: L = R

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod
Torleik
A lone man loved by none:

How long can he live?

He felt rather out of place now, being here where these two (soon to be three) seemed to know each other. Evers introduced himself as formerly of the Foothills, a place Torleik had yet to visit, to his knowledge. "I reside in the Basin, so no, I have not traveled far," he responded simply, allowing the attention to shift from himself with ease. Locket mentioned something about the Basin invading the Edge, and Torleik's brows furrowed. When was this? What did he mean? So many questions, but he stayed silent. The dual-horned rabicano would rather watch this slightly dramatic event unfold than be a part of it, anyhow. This Locket character seemed to be eyeing Irelyn and Torleik watched him closely, searching for any signs of ill-intent within the equine.

There seemed to be none, only curiosity and wonder reflected in the stallion's gaze and face. He did not appear to have a companion, so perhaps this idea was novel to him. Perhaps, like Ampere, Locket did not like the idea of companions. Unless he asked, Torleik knew he would not know; but it was not so important to him at the moment to find out. As long as his owl griffin was safe, he was fine. And right now, she seemed to be more interested in discovering Evers' companion, a dog of some kind. Be careful, Irelyn, he commanded, watching her intensely as she cautiously inched out towards the greyhound. Her progress was summarily halted when a pegasus mare crashed the party, so to speak.

Torleik's expression was patiently, critically bemused. He did not very much enjoy women who showed such outpourings of emotion like this, all a-tremble and no action to their feelings. A proper woman, a true shieldmaiden, would speak her mind and act on how she felt towards her man - and this Irrydae seemed to share something with Evers.

Perhaps a spurned lover? Now this had gotten interesting.

Credits: Image by Eagle
[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!

Irrydae Posts: 111
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: Seven
paddeh
'I reside in the Basin, so no, I have not traveled far,' I turn to look at the black stallion slightly, watching his companion and I smile softly, turning my eyes to look at sweet Rita. My heart aches as I remember her innocent actions up in the Heavenly Fields. Tears bristle at my eyes and I force them down.'Irrydae,' Evers voice slides over me softly, causing my body to ache and stomach to knot up and memories to rush up on me. A shy smile plays across his lips and it only causes anger. Ears flick forward as the pup yips happily, and it breaks my heart. Still so innocent, still doesn't understand the situation. 'You look well.' A slight gasp hiccups from me. He thinks I look well? Can he even see, or is he blind? I am a complete and total mess. It angers me - how could he say that? It was blatantly a lie.

And suddenly I am bawling and screaming at the same time. "You left me! YOU LEFT ME! HOW DARE you come back now? And say I LOOK WELL? I NEARLY THREW MYSELF INTO THE HEART!" My body convulses in sobs. I forget about the other two stallions standing there watching. Let them see. Everything hurts so bad and I just want it to stop. But wasn't this what I wanted? I wanted him to come back, for me. But who would ever come back for me, right?

"You left me," I whimper, body shaking violently. "Half a year..." I gasp out, the figurative hole in my chest flaring violently and sending pain screaming throughout me. "Evers... why?" I scream in pain, tears flooding my face. I fall silent, tears dripping down my face. "I guess I shouldn't attack you like this. I've come to accept that it's my fault, for ...leaving that day. I never got to apologize and I'm so sorry Evers. I'm sorry. I don't know why I did." I murmur, head spinning and wheeling violently.

My chest heaves and my head drops. I should have never came here. It would have been better for me to never run into him.. to get over him and find someone else. There was that stallion I met in the Heavenly Fields when the sun was gone. I nearly forgot about that. The memory sends guilt and pleasure through me and I am ashamed. Guilt crushes my body and I crumple to the ground, blinded by the wetness that escapes my eyes. The rough ground scrapes against me, the heat of summer that is trapped in this forest is surrounding me. "I'm so sorry." Why am I always the one apologizing? Why can't I ever do anything right?

"You left me" I whisper, closing my eyes as my blackness closes in at the edges of my vision.

venomxbaby | solarka-stock | featherstockimages@ da
[Image: wu5k41.png]
please tag irry in every post! magic & aggression allowed w/o death

Hidden Account
Evers the Able

Evers swallows, taken aback by Irrydae's sudden outrage. He listens carefully, trying to make each word out as she shouts and he winces, his mind, his heart, were confused and shocked. He was ashamed of himself, but lost as to where such raw emotion came from, that day she had turned away from him... He thought she did not return such love. At one point Evers had believed there was a possibility, but she had run away hadn't she? Left him in the Heavenly Fields, he had taken it as her unspoken rejection and left it at that, still wanting to walk beside her as a friend. He looked at Rita who stared back with sad eyes, she had always known, her senses so much more finer than his own, the hound's gaze enough to make Evers drop his own and look to the floor as if it had all the answers before taking in a deep breath to explain himself, concious of his audience. "I am so sorry Irrydae, I had no idea it would have such an effect on you, I thought you probably didn't want to see me any more after we met in the Heavenly Fields... Truly, I'm sorry! My adoptive mother has gone, my brothers have their own paths now and I was simply lost at the time. I needed space to think, to become a better stallion, but I see now I have caused sadness I didn't wish to cause." His gaze had become soft, he didn't understand her anger, but he shouldered it himself and grimly cursed his own idiocy for causing tears to run down her face. "Don't apologize, I was selfish and I left because I thought it was best, it was my fault."

The skinny stud turned nervously to his other guests then, his face lightening a touch with a smile to them. He looks to the one who introduced himself as Torleik "I have heard of your home briefly, the mountains like to keep their secrets, but perhaps one day I'd like to see it. Knowledge has always been my driving force after all." The cold and snow didn't really appeal, but the fact he hadn't seen or know what was up there ate at him, Evers always wanted to know and hated it when he didn't.

The blue became much more concerned then as he turned to Locket, remembering earlier he had mentioned an invasion. "The Foothills fought the Worlds Edge? What did they hope to gain for such a venture? I gather from your voice it didn't turn out well." Evers sighed, he didn't like war and many fought to end it, though the blue had been around long enough now to know that war was always inevitable and spending your life trying to stop it was pointless. Emotion bred love which in turn bred hate, to stop war one needed to stop feeling and that was impossible. Yet, he was confused as to why the foothills would want to invade the Worlds Edge, the Aurora Basin had always had its secrets and Evers knew little of them other than they had been kicked out of the Edge before, there involvement was explained in a way.

He waited a moment, allowing time for replies, before looking outwards through the trees. Evers had made a decision before he came back here, he wanted to start anew, to carve his own path without Mandrake hanging over his head or worried he'd be called away on some secret family mission at the drop of a hat. "Irrydae... Will you meet me later, I will send Rita to find you, we can talk some more then... If that's what you want?" He still wasn't sure, her reactions were confusing, but Evers wasn't confident about talking in front of two strangers, friendly as they were. "I have come back now to start my life again. I think I will head west and find purpose there. Thank you Torleik and Locket, our meeting may have been brief, but a friendly face is always welcome and appreciated. I wish you well on your paths and hope we meet again." He nodded to both before turning to Irrydae, awaiting an answer.