the Rift

[PRIVATE] Down by the river side
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
Midas
take away the pain inflicted on me, the hunger you're letting me feed
Life went on, and under the guise of ruler life seemed tripled in speed.

The Throat grew larger with each passing Tallsun night, harboring chorus of lost souls trying to find their purpose in this cruel yet beautiful world. Some only passed through on a pilgrimage; others stayed for a time then moved on. Sometimes a youngling would cross the wall brimming with expectations and a thirst for glory. Greenhearts would end up in the ranks of warrior, some might become healers if they were a tender soul. I stood by the idea that there was a place for every willing creature, a throbbing heart could be trained to beat to a rhyme of loyalty, passion.

Eventually I grew tired of patrolling because of a disappointment that was growing stronger with each new eve. My heart needed a break from the same endless todo’s. Ktulu. Just as strong as the yearning to see her again was— that same emotion was tainted with dread. She hadn’t come to visit me a single time since my return, nor had there been rumor of her concern for personal wellbeing during the passing months. I tried not to think the worst, but it grew harder as days turned into weeks.

Fina gently pinched my coat, a vain effort to make me feel better. I could feel her gaze continuously watchful for any mishap that would send me hurling over the edge of reality. We both feared that another trip into a time lapse would be fatal. I didn’t figure such would repeat itself, but then again it wasn’t figured that my first visitation would have ever happened. “You worry much,” she said. I frowned and gazed down a slopping hill we happened to be standing upon with rising sadness. This same mound had taught Cera and Hototo how to glide. Those had been happier days, “You can still find happiness.”

“Fly,” she urged, spreading wing from my spine, “fly fast, and forget.” I turned her way long enough to catch a glimpse of what appeared to be one of those rare smiles. Perhaps she was right. I charged downhill, gold followed were each dagger dug mercilessly into earth. My own mighty appendages flung out toward the light, a strong northern breeze filled their empty hollows and away into heaven we went. Funnels of hot air carried us higher into the patched sky, I smiled. This was living. The sound of wind and wing, the smell of snow carried from high up north.

We spun round, a game of sky tag that I always seemed to lose. A phoenix was much smaller and thus swift, she laughed—to my ears the sound was like leaves rustling in the trees, to those that would hear it without a bond… it was a raptor cry. Our games wouldn’t last for long, something…rather interesting caught my eye. Turning gaze toward the sailing ground I locked sight of a…by earth what was that!? Fina caught my lapse and came near. She peered down with me and hissed quietly to herself in displeasure, “Trouble?” she asked.

A question that couldn’t be answered, at least not by me.

Unable to resist the overwhelming need for answers, I carried us lower and was forced to thump harder to compensate; call it natural curiosity. I was also wary about things that traveled so close to Throat’s border. It was an equine, or in some resemblance. A half breed of sorts. With extra hooves, a short muzzle and…no… head? Yar, I thought, there was a head. Just not a horse’s head.

Credits or something
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Down by the river side - by Kelec - 11-20-2013, 01:37 PM
RE: Down by the river side - by Midas - 11-20-2013, 10:04 PM
RE: Down by the river side - by Kelec - 11-20-2013, 11:03 PM
RE: Down by the river side - by Midas - 11-23-2013, 07:53 PM
RE: Down by the river side - by Kelec - 11-23-2013, 08:43 PM
RE: Down by the river side - by Midas - 11-30-2013, 01:36 AM