the Rift

Never Look Back - You Won't Like What You See [Kimber, Smoke or any Foothills]

Ricochet the Incendiary Posts: 133
Deceased
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.2 hands :: 5 years Buff: BULK
Blu

The settling haze of the chaos and the dark fog, all bodies were scattered and minds equally so. Smoke gracefully took charge of the situation however, her calm demeanor and significant experience giving her a natural leadership even if her title didn't. Ricochet found her easily, though his teal eyes still burned, and were not easily put out with her less than revealing explanation. It was clear however that Smoke knew little with her vague response, however Ricochet wouldn't leave it so easily. Whatever had happened he intended to hunt down the stranger - for now he had other matters to attend to however.

Biting back his rising anger as best he could, Ricochet forced a wan smile. It helped with Kimber being here, Ricochet still not entirely sure how he felt towards the grulla mare and her deadly lizard. "Kimber, Smoke," Ricochet greeted with a low mumur, his muzzle brushing over the filly as her attention settled on his dog. "I am glad to see you both again, and that is you who were here to aid me." He smiled truthfully now. As always family supported him, which only made his heart ache for the absence of his sister.

Beside him Guns looked up worriedly at Kimber. Still shaken by the ordeal the collie whined low in his throat, leaning happily against the support of one of Kimber's forelegs. He licked her nose as she brought it down to him, the tip of his tail thumping in a pathetic way. It was then the vapor ferrets scattered down the filly's limb, startling the dog so that he barked in warning and jumped to his paws, hackles bristling with uncertainty. Ricochet hissed a command to the dog, but otherwise ignoring him in favor of Smoke's question.

Could he detect a hint of smug, I-told-you-so in her voice? Ricochet frowned. Beside him Guns settled, inching closer to peer at the strange creatures and their dancing eyes. "I would have stayed longer if there had been much point," Ricochet spoke with an obvious pain to his voice. His eyes drifted from the scarred mare, heavy with discontent. "I could not identify anyone, there were still too many shades to risk a close venture."

What he was saying is that he had no idea if Aerwen was rotting in his dead home, or if she was wandering the wilds somewhere still. Not knowing had him suffering more than the sight of her corpse. A splinter of despair in his heart suggested that was the form she currently held anyway.

"Her son?" Ricochet managed to ask, garbled and un-explanatory. He wanted to meet him, to know of him. With so much loss recently Ricochet had a strong urge to keep his bloodlines close to him.

"At any rate, I think I'll be staying a while. It seems this is as good a place as any..."

Messages In This Thread
RE: Never Look Back - You Won't Like What You See [Kimber, Smoke or any Foothills] - by Ricochet - 08-27-2012, 08:14 PM