the Rift

Never Look Back - You Won't Like What You See [Kimber, Smoke or any Foothills]

Smoke the Wild Rose Posts: 128
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 hh :: 10 Buff: SWIFT
Zaffre :: Common Blue Dragon :: Fire Breath Kachie
Dark eyes met teal, recognizing the anger and impatience within the younger stud. An ear tilted to the side as she regarded him, waiting for him to gain some sort of composure in her presence. She never quite expected him to be respectful toward her, not anymore. And having his canine companion threatened by a stranger was no way to improve the situation that existed between them. But she did expect some semblance of politeness when younger minds were present, and he managed that, at least.

Her head dipped slightly, lips curving in an answering smile when he spoke to them, acknowledgement and thanks alike. There was amusement there, of a private source. Had she caught a whisper of humility there? She wouldn't ask, just as he wouldn't press to know the meanings behind the fluctuations in her own emotions.

Kimber meanwhile was fully distracted by Guns, and barely noticed the brush of Ricochet's muzzle against her withers. A small giggle escaped her at the feel of the dog's tongue against her muzzle, ears quivering with repressed excitement. She barely noticed the wispy-formed ferrets, so accustomed was she to their presence, or the fox's. But she jumped when Guns barked, shying a bit in automatic reaction. But she stopped when she realized the reason for the bark, even as Ricochet hushed Guns. Again she giggled. "They won't hurt you, they'd only get you wet." She said in simple explanation, bending her muzzle to one of the two ferrets who'd scampered after her when the dog had startled. Moisture collected on her whiskers from the contact with the ferret, but was whisked away again when the two bounded back closer to Guns.

"I never saw the worst of the aftermath," Smoke murmured quietly to Ricochet. "Only what the others told me, which reinforced what I did see while trying to get the Oasis youngsters out." She didn't touch the fact that her adopted sons hadn't been seen since, their whereabouts uncertain at best. "But others have been late in escaping from Isilme. I recently encountered one such, so I do not accept assumptions until proven true or no." It was a small offering of understanding and hope. She knew he worried and wondered about Aerwen. It was a concern she had as well.

"Jackal lives with us in the Foothills." She smiled gently. "You could come stay there as well, if you don't mind running into the occasional unicorn." There was a pause, as Smoke and Kimber exchanged a brief glance. The yearling had looked up at the mention of Jackal, and the pair both knew there was information on the colt that might not be well received by Ricochet, but was important. "Jackal's sire was a unicorn, Ricochet. But you already know him to be equine for the dragon he's bonded to. Please don't hold that against him." It was a gentle plea that Smoke voiced, watching the buckskin. If he really wanted to know with whom Aerwen had dallied, he could ask. But it would be hard enough on him, raised by Gunslinger as he had been, to accept the race of the son's sire.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Never Look Back - You Won't Like What You See [Kimber, Smoke or any Foothills] - by Smoke - 08-28-2012, 06:07 PM