the Rift

[OPEN] Mirror, Mirror, On the Wall, Who is the Least Welcome of All?

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod
Edited to fix the problematic attack that was the snort and the sparks of fire directed towards Irelyn's general location, which Torleik would not at all like.

Torleik
A lone man loved by none:

How long can he live?

The rage that ignited within him as he saw this white stallion's dragon direct a fiery, sparking snort at his defenseless companion was unmatched. What kind of soulless bastard was this equine, to have his bonded companion behave so? "You would harm a defenseless babe?!" the dual-horned stallion exploded. "What manner of debauched, amoral fuck are you?! I swear to you, if so much as a feather of my companion's is harmed..." Torleik trailed, the violence in his words a terrible promise that only the most blinded, idiotic fool would ignore. They could try to harm him in whatever way they wanted, but they could not attack an innocent baby animal. He watched with broiling ire as the roots from the trees of the surrounding area suddenly burst from the ground and created a barrier, preventing him from entering the land past this wall.

That was fine with him. He was finding he rather preferred the aloof, imperial company of his own kind to the boorish, painfully self-absorbed and ignorant ways of these equines. What had he ever done to them? He was taking a quiet walk with his youngling of a companion. How in the nine hells was he any form of a threat? Torleik's eyes narrowed in a special kind of hate reserved for fools and those whom he would not pity in death when this stallion who looked as if he was too stupid to avoid a cobweb at head-height called him more lacking in intelligence than any other horse.

Still, the Viking held his tongue as best he could despite his prior outburst at the threat towards Irelyn, having been raised with far more class than these two could ever understand or possibly comprehend with the single brain cell between them. "As you seem to be incapable of understanding what I said prior, perhaps due to the rapidity of my speech, I will spell it out very slowly for you," he said. "I was driven from my home to this place just before your season of Tallsun began. I have been here a very short time." He paused, making sure the dolts were following, having utterly ignored Kahlua's ignorant spoutings. Having encountered them before, he put little stock in the girl's words; she was obviously vapid, which was a shame. Torleik pitied her in her vacuous existence.

"I haven't the slightest fucking clue who this 'Qian' of yours is because - let me state this clearly once more for you - I have been here all of a single season. I. Have. No. Quarrel. With. Either of you. My home did not have these...pathetically juvenile land distinctions. My people traded with others as they passed through. I have met many equines, unicorns and pegasi alike in my time - but you two," the glacier-eyed demon growled quietly, the tone more menacing than if he had been yelling, "are perhaps the most vile, ignorant, hateful two equines I have ever had the displeasure of coming across. I was taking a walk. I saw this magnificent wall. I was hoping to simply learn of its purpose and who created it, so I might offer them praise for their impressive work. Otherwise, let me assure you, I give less than a fuck about what you do in your land."

The rabicano stallion lifted his head proudly and glanced at the flying scaled rat atop the wall, wishing he could trample the disgusting thing beneath his hooves for trying to harm his Irelyn - his Irelyn who was trembling in her nest, afraid of the hate and violence she was feeling from her bonded. Torleik noticed this and felt such guilt that he could not stand it, and bent his neck around to softly nuzzle his babe. 'Shh, little one. I am sorry - you should not have to feel such things. One day you will understand why I feel this way, but for now, know I would never hurt you. You are far too important to me.'

She looked at him with wide, innocent, trusting eyes and his heart hurt to know that one day, that innocence would be taken from her despite his best efforts to keep her sheltered. Turning back to the two offending equines, he snorted in thinly veiled disgust. "If either of you understands what it means to be civil, I invite you to try it now. So that I might avoid such encounters as this in the future, I would welcome an explanation for your thus far inexplicable hate towards me, someone who has been here far too short of a time to have managed any crimes against any of your kind."

Credits: Image by Eagle
[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mirror, Mirror, On the Wall, Who is the Least Welcome of All? - by Torleik - 12-07-2013, 11:53 PM