the Rift

what the world will never take [open]

Morpheus Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

morpheus

» I don't know where you're going but do you have room for one more troubled soul?

He'd assumed he'd been alone. Foolish. Another rebuke fluttered into his mind to chide him, only to dissipate quickly when the stallion realised he should probably address the newcomer. The voice had come from a thick tangle of bushes, seemingly appearing out of thin air as it were. But no, there was a body attached to this voice. A decidedly strong shape, with arguably as elegant a form as he himself. Gaze travelling almost imperceptibly over the other's form, the wanderer gave a mental snort of appreciation.

The question echoed in his mind and for a few brief moments he mulled it over. In the process of doing so, Morpheus pondered on also the beast that stood before him. This horse, if that was indeed what it was, was unlike any he'd seen before. A coat colouring like that could be considered typical, but there seemed to be other markings which at this point in time, in the half light around them, he could not make out in it's entirety. Unbidden came the words that quickly tumbled from his black lips. "The ghosts of yesterday stare us in the face. Will we hide? Will we run? Will we fall from grace?"

He'd meant not much by the rhyme, but the stallion chuckled to himself, the sound as soft as a Birdsong breeze. Shaking his head, the grey cloaked beast resorted to a more... understandable form of speech. "Riddles tend to come when I least want them," his voice rasped. "Bravery is in the eye of the beholder it would seem," he continued with a nonchalant swish of his dark tail. "I've come to learn that fear is the thief of dreams. We can know she exists, but to give into her is a grave mistake indeed."

Regarding the other in front of him once more the stallion lapsed into silence yet again. He'd stumbled onto these lands in hope of finding some kind of purpose to his life which, until now, had been rather boring. Perhaps this stranger who addressed him would be able to grant him that much. But it would be time to at least be civil on the whole matter. Introductions should be handed out, though uncertainty pricked at his side to give out his name to someone he had known for all of five seconds. Sometimes one would have to jump without seeing what lay beneath his hooves. "I am Morpheus," he said, dark eyes glinting. "To know who I speak to would be enough to make my day seem like less of a waste as present."

[ooc: I'm so sorry, this is an horrendous post x.x I'm still trying to get a feel for him, that and I've never role-played a horse before xD]

"as far as speech goes..."

Messages In This Thread
what the world will never take [open] - by Morpheus - 11-23-2013, 06:49 PM
RE: what the world will never take [open] - by Morpheus - 11-24-2013, 12:50 AM
RE: what the world will never take [open] - by Morpheus - 11-27-2013, 04:17 PM