the Rift

what the world will never take [open]

Morpheus Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

morpheus

» I don't know where you're going but do you have room for one more troubled soul?

It felt good to speak to another soul, even if he wasn't yet certain as to where the conversation was heading. Too long had he travelled and been alone. Instinctively he longed, no craved, for some kind of company. It was always his desire to be the partner that a soul would be proud to have alongside them. Loyalty and duty, but he had no place to offer that too yet. The idea that he would end up alone, doomed to forever travel across forsaken lands without a purpose.

But this stallion before him was providing him with a glimmer of hope that that dream might still be possible. But it was still a process in the works, for in truth, Morpheus always found ii hard to trust someone he had only just met. This Lace, seemingly civil enough, might not have been the thing that he had been expecting to meet out here on the threshold, but it certainly had some promise this meeting.

The light horse pondered over the other stallion's question with mild amusement. What was he seeking? Could one even put that into words? It wasn't a simple task that much was sure. But nevertheless he would oblige. "Put simply? I guess I'm searching for a way, or a place, where I can give my loyalty and duty. As well as the rest of my traits which would eventually come to light, but I'm certain that wouldn't matter much right now." When Morpheus spoke, he dropped his usual vocabulary of poetry and rhyme for something that would be better understood. Now was not the time to be over indulgent in such things.

His answer had been true enough, but like the dapple grey horse had implied, it was not easy to put into words exactly what he had been seeking. Did anyone know what they were looking for in life? Life had enough twists and turns to be unpredictable, then perhaps that was the best montage for him to live by. In his mind, Morpheus continually heard the voices of his youth ringing over and over again. Let it be, let it be. Who really knew what that meant? He certainly couldn't understand. But in that moment, the young stallion held onto the hope that his journey was finally ending, and the real story was beginning it's first chapter.

"as far as speech goes..."

Messages In This Thread
what the world will never take [open] - by Morpheus - 11-23-2013, 06:49 PM
RE: what the world will never take [open] - by Morpheus - 11-24-2013, 12:50 AM
RE: what the world will never take [open] - by Morpheus - 11-27-2013, 04:17 PM