the Rift

[PRIVATE] All teasing aside (Crafter, Finn)

Finn Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

At my question, little Fina seemed thrilled at the prospect of helping me with the most unfortunate part of my craft, but despite the imminent death of some poor thing in this meadow, I couldn't help but smile as the avian flared up in a brilliant display of fiery color. Oh, I simply could not get over how stunning of a creature she was.

Midas' next words were rather unexpected, and though the imagery that wormed into my head of a presumptuously innocent Fina taking something down and tearing out its innards was worthy of making me sick, I gave a nod of my thick head. "She may," I answered, watching as she took off and disappeared into the darkness of the night. It was only nature, I knew, that the Phoenix was a predator and had to kill in order to eat and survive, but the knowledge would never be enough to quell my squeamish belly.

Following after the painted stallion at a swift walk, I couldn't help but contemplate just what the winged man would do with a sphere such as the one he had just moments ago shown me. It was none of my business, I reminded myself over and over, but my manners and my curiosity seemed to be relentlessly butting heads today. "If I may ask, Midas," I spoke up against my better judgement, cringing as the sound of Fina's victorious battle-cry rang throughout the meadow, "What exactly is the purpose of your sphere? I've never seen anybody carry something like it before. But, you do not have to tell me if you do not wish, Sir. I'm merely curious."

When we approached where Fina had landed and claimed her kill, I was thankful my species was incapable of retching and getting sick like most. Despite my craft and the countless times I had put it to use, I wasn't sure I'd ever get over this part of it. My heart ached for the life lost, but at least it hadn't been a pointless end for the poor hare. "Thank you, Fina; it's an excellent catch." It was only after a silent apology to the buck that I took in a deep breath and focused on the lifeless corpse, willing the skin to pull away from flesh and for the hair to fall completely from it, leaving the rest for Fina to take care of. On anything larger it might have been a tiring task, but for such a simple, small project, it took little effort. Still, I was hardly lazy with my work and never allowed my craftsmanship to falter. By golly, this would be the most beautifully leather-wrapped sphere anyone would ever see if I could help it.

The hide turned into a tawny color as it shifted into soft leather, and carefully I moved it to Midas' sphere whenever he presented it again, wrapping it neatly, tightly and securely around the object. After a moment of inspection, I stepped back, a broad smile lighting up my face. "There!" Came my proud exclamation, "That should do you, my friend. You let me know if there's anything else I can ever do for you, aye?"

"talk"
F I N N
to coax the darkness into light

Messages In This Thread
All teasing aside (Crafter, Finn) - by Midas - 11-23-2013, 08:21 PM
RE: All teasing aside (Crafter, Finn) - by Finn - 12-09-2013, 09:11 PM
RE: All teasing aside (Crafter, Finn) - by Midas - 12-13-2013, 10:34 AM
RE: All teasing aside (Crafter, Finn) - by Finn - 12-31-2013, 02:07 AM
RE: All teasing aside (Crafter, Finn) - by Midas - 01-04-2014, 11:25 PM
RE: All teasing aside (Crafter, Finn) - by Finn - 01-19-2014, 05:51 AM
RE: All teasing aside (Crafter, Finn) - by Midas - 01-28-2014, 05:55 PM
RE: All teasing aside (Crafter, Finn) - by Finn - 06-18-2014, 06:39 PM