the Rift

[PRIVATE] All teasing aside (Crafter, Finn)

Finn Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

F I N N</style>

sometimes tears say all there is to say</style>

Not far at all from the Foothills lie a place of which I do not know the name, but it is a large field made up mostly of flat ground and knee-high grasses. Scattered across the landscape are various (tree types), and upon my entry I had even caught the sound of a river curving gently across it. If not for the lack of hills, I might have thought myself in an uncharted part of the Foothills, and surely my new home was not that absolutely ginormous.

My everlasting thirst for adventure was what had pushed me to come here, wherever this was, searching for both new faces and new grounds in which to discover. Though, seeing as night had fallen, I doubted my search would be very successful until morning. Although I was still new to this land called Helovia, I was uncertain of the dangers it held within it, and did not know what sort of creatures lurked just beyond my line of sight. Since a colt, I had heard stories from my mother and other such elderly figures, of things like dragons and faeries, trolls, wizards and what have you; but did any of them really exist? I had never set out with the sole intention of ever finding these dream-woven creatures, but my childish mind couldn't help but wonder, did any of them actually exist? My brows furrowed deeply at the thought of meeting one of them. If equines like myself could take the wings of birds or the horns of deer, then why couldn't my childhood storytales be real, too?

I needed to remind myself to pay attention, but a much too kind dip in the land obliged to do it for me.

Stumbling forward, quite ungracefully might I add, I managed to catch myself before I went careening into face first into the dirt. Straightening myself up, I surely looked disgruntled for a moment, but quickly looked around to assure that nobody had been witness to my moment of blissless ignorance. At first, it seemed I was in luck; not a soul in sight, at least until my eyes found the dimly lit painted form of another. I flustered in absolute embarrassment and thought momentarily of just hurrying away, but the sensible side of me begged differently. With a deep inhale I turned towards the other figure and made my way towards him.

"Greetings, fellow," I spoke up, voice just as cheerful as ever despite my previously felt embarrassment. As I drew closer, I could see that this stranger was not alone. In his company was a bird, one of the most beautiful I had ever seen before. I cast a warm smile to them both, eyes twinkling as I finally came to a halt just a couple yards away. "It's a lovely night, isn't it, friend?"

talk

Messages In This Thread
All teasing aside (Crafter, Finn) - by Midas - 11-23-2013, 08:21 PM
RE: All teasing aside (Crafter, Finn) - by Finn - 12-09-2013, 09:11 PM
RE: All teasing aside (Crafter, Finn) - by Midas - 12-13-2013, 10:34 AM
RE: All teasing aside (Crafter, Finn) - by Finn - 12-31-2013, 02:07 AM
RE: All teasing aside (Crafter, Finn) - by Midas - 01-04-2014, 11:25 PM
RE: All teasing aside (Crafter, Finn) - by Finn - 01-19-2014, 05:51 AM
RE: All teasing aside (Crafter, Finn) - by Midas - 01-28-2014, 05:55 PM
RE: All teasing aside (Crafter, Finn) - by Finn - 06-18-2014, 06:39 PM
RE: All teasing aside (Crafter, Finn) - by Midas - 06-21-2014, 11:25 PM
RE: All teasing aside (Crafter, Finn) - by Finn - 06-29-2014, 04:05 PM