the Rift

[OPEN] kisaki and kodomo; [welcoming thread]

Jorogumo Posts: 70
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7
Filly :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 2 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Selkie

Jorogumo
The sun is old on water, yearling flakes came whirling by.

Jorogumo listened as Lena explained her peculiar fox. “Oh, I see.” She said nodding, having absolutely no idea what bonded meant. Of course the dark child wouldn’t admit to ignorance. She would find out for herself what precisely this term ‘bonded’ meant. The bay mare laughed, and the child wasn’t sure why. Usually she would’ve taken offense at being the end of a joke, but the mare was being relatively kind and answering her questions so she would excuse it.

Then Kisaki went on to answer her questions. Jorogumo was hanging onto her every word, taking in the knowledge she so desperately craved and longed for. Not a word passed from her lips as the mare explained the other herds. As she discussed the Throat, the child simply made a face at the thought of living in a desert but she spoke not because she needed hear. Then the mare mentioned the World’s Edge. Her ears perked forward at the mentioning of child captives. Why Kisaki was acting the way she was, Jorogumo didn’t know. “That’s stupid,” the child said matter-of-factly. “Why take the pawns when you should take the queen? Stealing pawns would only upset people, taking the rulers would cause complete discord.” Such words were parroted from the mouth of her father. It had been one of the many corrections he had given her on the rare occasion he would speak to her. “And a dragon’s strength is but an illusion. All they are is creatures of greed. One bite from a spider and they would be taken down. Spiders are the beasts people should really fear.” A large grin passed over the lips of the child, it was wicked and a dark glint flashed into her eyes. It was then that small darkness that was within the child was revealed.

“My mother told me a story about dragons once… She said to kill a dragon you need to cut off its head.” Jorogumo wasn’t sure of the relevance of this story, but maybe these adults could make more use out of it than she ever would. “Why are we better than the pegasi and equines? I remember you saying something like that… I’ve been trying to understand it, and it just doesn’t quite make sense to me why we are better than them. We all have the same bodies, just Pegasus have extra parts and we have horns.” She dug through her mind for reasons that made sense as to why they should rule over the others. “Maybe I don’t understand it because I’ve never seen a Pegasus or an equine before.” She shrugged deciding not to think about it too much.

"blah blah blah."

Image Credit

Icon by Bronzehalo

Messages In This Thread
kisaki and kodomo; [welcoming thread] - by Illynx - 11-25-2013, 11:48 AM
RE: kisaki and kodomo; [welcoming thread] - by Jorogumo - 12-24-2013, 04:13 PM