the Rift

[OPEN] Dancing through the fire.

Scarter Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
She hadn't heard much about the land of the Dragons. Only now that her hooves stopped on the border, the mare had to admit that it was breath taking. The permanent smirk was still settled on her lips, it made her look confident and rather...sexy. Or so she though and Scarter was generally right about these things. If there was one thing she knew, it was beauty. The heat of the throat brought her thoughts back to the present. A half finished wall loomed up around her, clearly it was still in progress. When she had left the Edge to do this quest, the wall still remained unfinished. However quite a lot of time had passed since she had been in the edge, perhaps the wall was finally finished. Her eyes trailed up the structure as she studied it's rough texture. The wall looked strong, once it was finished Scarter supposed that it would do a fine job of keeping unwanted visitors out. While she had travelled here, the dark mare had been worried about what kind of reception she should expect. Still, nothing would stop her on this quest. Not even an angry herd that didn't want her near their lands.

Scarter was their sister though, she was after all, aware of the alliance between The Throat and The Edge. Perhaps they wouldn't beat her to a bloody pulp. Snickering as if that thought was funny, Scarter cleared her throat. It was, understandably, painfully dry. It was water that the dark raven desired most. If the land of Dragons wouldn't permit her into their land...well then she would have to find a fresh water source somewhere else. That would prove to be difficult, after all, Scarter had no idea about how to hunt for fresh water...she didn't even know what made water fresh. Sighing, the dark raven swallowed and tried to gather some strength. "Do the Dragons sleep?" It was supposed to be a witty comment to try and gain the attention of the Dragon Throat members. Hopefully it wouldn't end up insulting anyone. Purple orbs studied the dust waiting...hoping that a figure would emerge from the dust. A warm breeze picked up, dust was gathered within the gust. As the grains danced along Scarter's coat, it flipped her mane over her shoulder. Now that her right shoulder was bare, the world could see what Scarter tried so desperately to hide. Three thick and ugly scars ran from the nape on her neck to her shoulder. Each scar was fairly thick, pink and very obvious against her black coat.

Three ghosts of the past, one scar for each parent that abandoned her. The dark raven glanced down at her scaring but for once did not attempt to cover it up. She needed water, perhaps showing that her beauty wasn't perfect...well the females wouldn't feel quite so threatened by her presence. The breeze settled and the sun began to beat it's rays down onto her back. Still the mare waited at the border.

" "
508 words
She hasn't crossed the border, I did't want to push any buttons ;D
S C A R T E R
It’s like we fight to remind us that we bleed,
I take flight in the night from lack of sleep.

Alina Posts: N/A
Unregistered

Alina
The stranger didn’t need to wait for long to be answered. Her voice had been heard by a young, new member of the Throat herd. A soft, welcoming whinny traveled across the red sand and not soon after a pegasus mare came trotting towards the visitor. It was a pale little dove who had acknowledged Scarter’s arrival. She was cremello with slender legs and a body bordering to skinny. Her back and shoulders looked quite weak and her downy wings almost seemed too big for her. She had a small childish face and two tiny ears that contributed to her innocent look. Her silky mane and tail rippled as an ocean of white as she moved and her emerald eyes glittered with glee. If she was beautiful or not was really a matter of personal opinion, but the dove herself never thought about her appearance. One could say that if the visitor was an expert on beauty the one who had answered her call was completely clueless.

To reach the stranger faster the girl fell into a round lope. A broad smile rested on her pink lips and her tiny ears pointed forwards - she almost looked like an excited child. As she closed in on the herdland border she slowed to a jog and finally stopped in front of the strange mare.

”It seems at least one dragon is awake.” the dove said with a soft giggle. ”My name is Alina Josephina. May I ask for yours?”

The girl inspected the dark mare before her. She was older and a little bit taller, also she didn’t smell like the horses of the Throat. Based on her scent and on what she had said Alina figured that she was from one of the other herds, but since the dove had yet to visit the other herdlands she had no idea to which herd the mare’s smell was connected. However she had only just recently arrived in Helovia and hadn’t really been introduced to all the rules of the herd so Alina would have probably invited anyone in - despite what herd they hailed from.

The ruthless sun didn’t affect the dove much, on the contrary she really enjoyed the heat and since she was born in a desert Dragon’s Throat was the perfect place for her. But she noticed that the dark mare seemed thirsty. ”You must have traveled far, Miss. Please, follow me and I will lead you to our lovely oasis.” She offered and gestured towards the way she had come.

Then she suddenly noticed the scars on the dark mares shoulder. The girl cocked her head to the side and a storm of questions bubbled up inside her. But she didn’t want to be rude so she kept the questions to herself (for the moment) and said gleefully: ”Come on! It is not far, Miss.” Then she threw her head to the side and started jogging back towards the center of her new home where the calm, fresh waters of the oasis lay waiting for thirsty travelers.

bg and flower: locolobo.net

@[Scarter]

Scarter Posts: N/A
Unregistered
Finally a figure appeared on the horizon, Scarter watched the dark figure approach her. The closer the Throat member got, the more detail Scarter could make out. First wings, the very important addition that named the figure as a pegasus. Then the figure's colour began to lighten and change hues, her body was a pure light grey colour, her mane and tail a beautiful milky white colour. Then finally age and the individualism of the winged beauty that approached her. A young face, not yet moulded by the hash elements of the world. Scarter forced a smile onto her face, she never had been a fan of younger beings. However this was not her home, even Scarter knew that she needed to approach the members of The Throat with respect. No matter their age. The young mare introduced herself as Alina Josephina, that seemed to be quite a mouthful. Scarter normally would have informed the mare for her excessively long name, not today though. "A truly wondrous name, my sweet." A smile as the mare was smart enough to ask a question about Scarter. Looking over Alina with her purple eyes, Scarter paused before responding. "My name is Scarter, you may call me Scar." The scars on her shoulder began to itch, the mare rolled her shoulder in annoyance. "Rather fitting isn't it?" Muttered Scarter quietly.

As the younger mare inspected her, Scarter waited to see if Alina would comment on her rather ragged appearance. Or perhaps the white dove was wondering if Scarter could be trusted. "I am a sister from The Edge, I do not intend any harm towards your family." Other than some harsh fashion critiques if it's called for. With a nod, the dark raven lapsed into silence again, this time waiting for the small mare's verdict. Apparently it was going to be for the best, the young mare offered to lead her towards their oasis. "I have traveled far indeed, thank you Alina." The promise of a drink was taking over Scarter's mind, looking towards where the milky mare had gestured, Scarter took her first step over the boundary, then another one. "Lead on my sweet. Lead on." The mare bgan to move and Scarter hastened to follow her. The pace she set was hard for the dehydrated mare to match, for a while through, Scarter felt that she be able to keep up. She had noticed the young mare's look at her scars and knew from experience that soon questions would be asked. Might as well get them out of the way now.

"My scars are gifts from my parents." Scarter's tone was bitter, her eyes set on the horizon. "We didn't always see eye to eye," a chuckle tumbled from her lips. The scars were a reminded of just how much her parents loved her. "Life is hard sometimes, my parents sought to teach me that." Clearing her throat, the mare looked over to the winged dove. She seemed to be of an age where one still required their parents, Scarter wondered where her parents were at. "How about you? Parents?"
Surely the oasis wasn't that much further?! Scarter's eyes strained searching the desert for it.

" "
533 words
I'll edit when I get home, I apologise for any mistakes. <3
S C A R T E R
It’s like we fight to remind us that we bleed,
I take flight in the night from lack of sleep.

Alina Posts: N/A
Unregistered

Alina
It is wondrous how forgetful the dove could be at times. She had stated herself and also gotten it confirmed that Scarter had had a long journey and yet she set a pace unsuitable for a weary traveler. But the minds of the young are not always too logical and since the girl was feeling extra excited about her life today she was a bit up in the clouds so to speak.

However she had heard every word the dark mare had said and when Scarter called her “my sweet” the dove had flicked her ears, with a lopsided grin on her lips and arched her neck away from the older mare. Had it been physically possible for Alina to blush she would have, but instead a girlish little giggle had escaped her against her will and she had given Scarter a sideways glance from under her silky forelock.

But when the mare had asked to be called Scar Alina had nodded and obediently repeated the name with a smile. ”Pleased to meet you, Miss Scar. Most people call me Alina, a few call me A.J; you are free to choose.”

It wasn’t too long ago since Alina’s mind and body had taken the last steps towards adulthood and she had found that mares were more interesting than stallions (even though stallions were interesting too). So every time Scar said “my sweet” warm tendrils traveled down Alina’s spine and she could just barely keep from giggling. She was smart enough to realize that the mare wasn’t necessarily flirting with her though.

Her tan hooves moved steadily over the red sand and she listened carefully to what Scar had to say. Alina was surprised that the mare would talk about her scars so openly, but she guessed that Scar had seen how Alina’s emerald eyes lingered on her shoulder. ”That is awful, Miss Scar. I am appalled that so many parents think that abuse is the way to go when teaching their children about the world.”The dove was intrigued to know more about the black mare, but her thoughts were abruptly cut when Scar asked her about her parents.

Alina stopped. Red sand rose in tiny hills in front of her hooves as the momentum pressed her feet into the desert floor. Her expression grew blank for a moment, but then she turned to Scar with a smile. Starting to move again, this time a slow walk, the dove replied: ”Oh, they’re dead. All three of them.”

Unconsciously she meant to sound mysterious so that the other mare would want to know more. Everybody likes to be listened to and the young dove wasn’t exactly spoiled with people she could confide in. She was very good at making new friends, but she was extremely bad at taking a shallow friendship to a deeper level.

”But, Miss Scar, what ever did you do to deserve such a gruesome gift?” She asked before Scar would have time to inquire more about Alina’s own life.

bg and flower: locolobo.net

@[Scarter]

Satanic Silk Posts: 153
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.0
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 5 (Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
satanic silk

Silk padded through the red gold sand that made up the earth of the herdland. He kept his wings tucked against his body. Though spreading them and taking wing perhaps would cool him off, he felt the sun beating down on him and chose to stay bound to the earth. He shook his mane, flipping it to the other side of his neck to let the growing sweat dry. It was a desert land, so it made sense that the heat would cling to the land during the day. Unfortunately for him, his dark body meant that he absorbed all the heat of the sun and more.

Better to keep walking and keep a breeze up against his body than stay in one spot, however, and that was what Silk sought to do today. He was exploring his homeland, looking for new places to hide and enjoy, and new herd members to torment. Silk tossed his check and chuckled. Torment was a fun word. He hesitated now as voices reached his ears. Two females, neither were ones that he recognized. Vixens were always fun to play with, and he would enjoy jumping in on their conversation.

They were still a ways away, and so the stallion's body lifted itself into action and began approaching the voices at a lazy trot. By the sound of things, they were moving slowly, and Silk knew he would catch up to them before they got too far. Sure enough, their forms appeared ahead of him as he crossed over a dune. A pale form, pale as the moon, was leading, with feathery wings hoisted upon her back. Following her at an even slower pace was raven colored unicorn, her lion's tail dragging behind her in the dusty air. Silk groaned as the dune began to make his progress difficult, and he extended his leathery wings, flapping them once... twice.. as he lifted himself from the sand, and deposited his bulky body on the other side of the dune. Silk shook them out, and tucked them back in before resuming his trot. The pair were much closer now, and Silk thought he picked up on them mentioning scars and parents.

Silk had never really known his parents. He only knew his mother, as she had given birth to him and nursed him. But as soon as he had been weaned she had vanished, leaving him to fend for himself. He'd heard rumors from other horses he passed that it was because of his markings on his face, that he was somehow cursed and that his mother had only stayed because of what she felt was her motherly obligation. In either case, he didn't dwell on the past. There was nothing but loneliness and emptiness there.

The brute closed in on the pair, and pulled up right behind the horned vixen. He followed silently, waiting for them to notice him, which he presumed would not take them long. He was strong and agile, but not particularly silent in movement. His silver forelock fell over his face, one of his three feathers cock-eyed between his two furry ears. He waited far enough behind the blackened lady so that if she started and decided to land a hoof square into his face, he would be just out of the way.

[Image: silkicon2_by_lainey_lou-d73bsek.png]
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Silk excluding dismemberment and death.