[PRIVATE] grey skies without light [Brighid, Azarel]

Delinne Posts: 232
Hidden Falls Curiosus II
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 hh :: 15 Buff: NOVICE
Dezba :: Black Jaguar :: Stormcall Ina
it takes courage to grow up and
become who you really are

Azzaron, where are you, my love?
I had been searching for a good while now. From the World's Edge to the Dragon's Throat to the Edge to here. That was a long walk, too long, and Dezba felt the same. She had been by my side the whole journey, my little loyal cub. Though I was still trying to wrap my head around what had happened in the World's Edge. I had gone there only to get my son, so that we could search for his father together. I never would've expected to see Tamlin there, the son of the FrostHeart. His appearance in the misty woods was a surprise, and not a good one. It meant that something bad was planned - at least I thought of it like that. Who knew if he was trying to sneak Mauja into the Edge? Not that I cared much now because I was going to get thrown out either way. I would miss Lace though... I had looked forward to become his herdmate for a good while.
My little golden gem walked next to me, his head held proudly and his knees high with each step, and I couldn't help by notice that he was growing bigger by each day. Azarel was muscular for being only four months old, though his dangly legs revealed his age. The small needle upon his head was a sign of his age as well. His mane and tail had grown longer - more dense - and it had a deep purple color with bloody red tips, almost rusty red. Dezba yawned sleepily on my back and stretched, sweeping her tail across my back as she sat down again. She was bigger too. Almost four months old as well.
I let out a sigh and looked ahead. We were in the area between the World's Edge and the Windtossed Foothills, right next to the big mountains that led up to the Steppe and the Heavenly Fields. The sky was grey and boring, no sunlight at all and fog everywhere. This was useless.

We would never find the light coated stallion again. He had left me, and this time it wasn't anyone lying to me. He had left me. I was too tired to even think right now, because I had barely slept at all since I had gone to the Throat.
"Baby, we're going to stay here for a while... Or, I am staying here for a while. You can explore if you want to, but stay close. Take Dezba with you if you feel the need to." I said, slowing down as I spoke.
My son stopped and looked at me as I laid down on the slightly grassy ground, feeling the morning dew seep into my coat, and I also felt the paws of my cub as she jumped down on the wet grass. My eyes could barely stay open as I looked at my son. "Be careful, my loves." My eyelids fell and I laid down completely, feeling the ache starting to spread in my muscles. I was so tired. The colt on the other hand wasn't tired at all.
He cringed as Dezba jumped up on his back and trotted away from his sleeping mother. Not far away though, just a little bit. It was far enough though, because when he looked back, he couldn't see her. The colt opened his mismatched eyes wide when he realized his mistake and started to feel nervous. "M-ma-ma?" He didn't know where he was at all, Dezba was asleep and he didn't want to wake up a sleeping cub.
Buck.

"Talking."

ooc: <3
word count: 605
tags: @[Brighid]
image credits || made by Sei
[Image: 23hlgsp.png]
We will always be a team, no matter what.
Remember?

Please tag Delinne in all posts. Attacking is not allowed without my permission.
Want to meet Delinne? Post in this thread c:

Brighid Posts: 20
Hidden Falls Tiro
Mare :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 9 Buff: NOVICE
aeolle

Little did the mother of the Silverflame and the golden childe himself know that in the depths of the midst lurked that of a Daughter of Elysia, bronze and flame wielded with metal and molten core, stark against the drab and ashen backdrop of the skies and the mists, a candlelight flicker that has grown within the contours of a forest to become that of a wildfire. And neither, did the Princess of Elysia know that one of the Princesses of Dixtrod slept but a few fox-lengths from her location. No, the Princess of Elysia knew none of this, as hefty wings flapped downwards and upwards in such precise unison that the term perfection did not quite describe the seamless movements between the two of her appendages, for the Princess of Elysia had learnt from the best, had been carved from stone and chiseled with the divine skill of her mother Inanna, for though the Queen of Elysia was spiteful and pitiless, none could deny that the Queen could sculpt the finest of lineages.

Sunlight fought to escape the prisons of the clouds above and the mists below with fierce determination, yet letdown and disappointment taunted the tremors of warmth that baked the top of the crystalline surface, and from the expanse of the heavens above, the sight of the battle between the elements came forth as a glorious war, in which the Princess was obliged to observe. The backs of the cool mists below tempted her to reconnoiter, to have that of a cessation between the thunderheads of frustration and anger at the herdmates which she had momentarily left that grew in her soul and her heart, screamed and thrashed and cried out with rage at the very thought that she lived amongst cowards and buffoons. What had the Princess of Elysia done, what made the Fate's smile down upon her back with such sour smiles that she was cursed to patrolling lands in which her kin did nothing but graze to fill fattened bellies and allow wanderers of outcasts and other lands that smelt of salt and the sea and moss step over borders and dance among their flowers?
Did they not have a sense of honor, nobility, of pride and principles? Did she live amongst mad men, with no laws to govern the masses?

With sights set upon the slate blue surface beneath her, mists that danced and weaved as the Sea, the Princess thought naught of the possibility of mortals that might have chosen the fog as a place to rest their heads, as well. She thought nothing of the idea that her landing may come as a surprise to beings that stood beneath her sights, thought nothing of the danger, and with narrowed, warm, melted cores of the Earth itself, the Princess swooped.
The speed of the falling star began to gain in her downward slope, the wind ruffling through primaries and under secondaries and brushing through already messy locks of brunette and greenish-bronze, and as the star falls, her wings tilt in accordance to the sloped degree of her landing, to keep her frame steady and even when her hooves hit the Earth below.
The mists are calm.

And then a gaping hole breaks through it's smooth back and takes on the shape of a Pegasi, massive wingspan yanked upwards with such sudden force that the ligaments attached to them feel a sudden ping of pain through the muscle and cartridge, through the Princess merely grimaces, and with heavy flapping as her weight is pulled backwards in a attempt to slow her landing, the Colossus feels hoof hit moist Earth and grass, mud sticking to feathers and flying upwards into the obscuring fog as Brighid makes herself known about as quietly as that of a bison rampaging through a forest littered with dead twigs.
This is where things go wrong.

For even as the Princess falls into that of a canter, her wings swoosh forwards once more to aid her in a descent like that of a trot, and as they press forwards, the tips of her feathers thud against something very solid and very sharp as the tip of a branch sticking upwards from the ground below, yet the Princess of Earth does not see a log as she draws her wings down to her frame and finally comes to that of a standstill, leaving a trail of destruction in her wake. Burnished pearls turn with the dome of the Warrior, grit floating with absent movement in the once calm air, and mixing with the swirls of startled fog.
A glint of golden skin meets her hardened gaze, before it is lost in the mists, and a frown catches upon her maw.
"Show yourself."

:: Permission from Ina to say that Brighid whacked poor Azarel baby over the head. Sorry about the clumsy oaf Aza baby!
Tagged: @[Delinne]

Brighid</style>
PUT ON YOUR WAR PAINT</style>
Credits
</style>

Azarel Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Azarel
Don't ever take a single second to breathe,

they're going to send me on a murdering spree
He just stood there, in the middle of the fog, scared to the depth of his soul. What should he do? What should he do? The little colt was starting to panic and his little heart raced faster and faster as the seconds went by. Fluffy rested without a singly worry on his golden back. Oh, why couldn't she understand him? Feel his feelings and thoughts like she did with his mama. He searched his surroundings for a way back, but he couldn't see a single thing through this white thick stuff. Little did he know that a pegasus mare was on her way down - to him.
Azarel stood with his dark legs far apart to keep his balance, but even then he fell over when a wing out of nowhere hit his head. He didn't feel any pain, but instead shock filled his system. The colt stumbled and fell to his side as Dezba woke up by the loud noise and by her bed moving too quickly. She meowed with a complaining tune and looked around. Azarel was still on the ground, afraid to move with his sides heaving up and down fast. Sure, the colt was brave, but not when it came to giant wings coming out of nowhere.

After a few seconds, the female brute stopped a few steps away, and the colt started to cry silently when he heard her voice. "Show yourself." Tears ran down his golden cheeks as he watched the figure move around. It felt like thousands of minutes passed when he laid there, when it only was seconds. And then, finally, he dared to talk. But it wasn't to answer the winged brute. "MAAAMAAAAA!" The colt raised his muzzle up and called out, tears wetting the ground he laid upon. Fluffy arched her back and hissed loudly at the stranger who made her bonded's baby cry. The hairs on her back were bristled and straight as she searched the area with electric eyes.
Azarel was still crying, as he didn't know what else to do. Where was mama?

"Talk talk talk"

w/c 347 | ooc <3 | tags Brighid

Credits
Original code by Aeolle