the Rift

[OPEN] Welcome, a fresh generation... (Dust, Any)

Africa the Starry-Eyed Posts: 727
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 :: 6 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Silas :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Riven
AFRICA
Diviner for Dragon's Throat

The wall grew into the clear bright blue sky before them like a dark reminder; a warning and a deterrent for any whose intention so far in the south was not for the good of the horses who inhabited the desert archipelago. Even though the structure was far from completed, it rose far above Africa’s upturned face and cast a thick, cool shadow across her and Dust while they crawled like ants beside its foot, now just inside the perimeter. It filled her with great comfort to stride beneath its humbling face; to her the structure was the embodiment of security and protection- the herd within a tightly meshed clan and a fierce force to be reckoned with. The young delicate Oracle was more than pleased to be on home turf.

She turned not far from the gaping mouth of the wall (where soon enough a giant dragon would be crafted to oversee the toing and froing of the population, its cavernous jaws opening wide as the very door to the Throat itself- appropriate in all respects), and guided Dust again in a southerly direction- in towards the very centre of the territory. There, rippling through vicious heat waves, the first glimmer of the leafy, luxurious oasis could be seen. Through Africa’s subdued silence, the colt asked a question and instantly Africa’s face had swung nearer to him so that reaching, grey lips could dabble through his fuzzy juvenile mane. “I am Dragon’s Throat’s Oracle, Dust.” The answer was easy, and fell through her lips across him as steamy, tender breath. She drew her face away again, though a residual smile remained as reward for his curiosity- that was something to be encouraged in her view.

“I was only recently appointed to this role by the Sun God himself.” She glanced sidewards to meet his reaction, it was something quite phenomenal and she hoped such would inspire him still further- indeed amazing things happened to the simplest and most unassuming of beings. “It is my duty to represent both the Lord of this land, and our herd; to ask for insight because our Lord sees all which happens in Dragon’s Throat. I must tend his fire and honour him.” Africa took a breath after pausing to peer at her young friend. Behind the sparkling of his eager eyes; beneath the twitch of his listening ears, there was an intelligence rarely found in the mind of most youth. She favoured this aptitude and did not dull her language to suit his small age- instead speaking much the way she normally did, with fluidity and fine eloquence; tinged of course with the natural air of casualness that was ingrained through her soul.

“I listen to others, build their legends through song and tale; study the natural lore of this land, and the world beyond our border; uphold friendships and alliances on our family’s behalf and many other things as well. I love my role immensely and feel that it is very well suited to my personality.” Perhaps all that was required of an Oracle seemed enormous- like the bitter winter that seemed never to weaken, but Africa approached her duties with due diligence and care. She was not overwhelmed by any means. The pupils who studied and strived by her hand were an excellent support, and without their valuable backing, she would suffer. “I also work with ambitious Pupils whose interests lie parallel to my own.” The smile broadened, she was sure that Dust would eventually slip comfortably into the class of wisdom, but she was in no hurry to persuade him; she held no desire to manipulate him- it was to be his choice alone. It was only natural that eventually he should wish to accomplish himself as player in their close-knit clan.

It was in the moments to follow that Africa’s intention was to introduce the young colt to the other ranks and responsibilities in the herd- to open and expand his bubbling mind to other possibilities, and potentials within that he might not yet have thought to consider. The dapple grey hesitated though when the flitting shadow of a swiftly descending object stretched over the sand which they were walking upon. Already they were some distance from the wall (Africa’s words were never rushed), and the Pegasus landed through a spray of golden-red to their rear. In one action Africa’s rump swung away from Dust, and her body turned to meet the approach of the unfamiliar (desert-dusted) mare of snowy white.

Silas who soared through the air above them dipped his wings as the trio came together below and sailed downwards- a much more flowing spiral then the white mare before him. He fluttered momentarily above the lopsided backs of his beloved and the dark grey colt, before setting himself to rest upon the mane shroud point of Africa’s withers. Careful beady eyes observed the stranger and a low, wary rumble vibrated through his small breast for the sake of his Bonded alone.

The Oracle’s cheerful expression received Alina’s introduction favourably and immediately she responded- “I’m Africa, glad to finally meet you. This is Silas” She spoke as though rumour had whispered of the other mare’s arrival into their herd, but it had not; Africa simply meant that she easily recognised when another was relaxed and at home. Should Alina have been concealing her identity as a spy, there would not have been that lightness to her step, the oblivious glee lacing the sing-song sound of her feminine voice; this Pegasus was not at all like Shadow. After gesturing to the Zephyr appropriately, the peaceable mare looked to Dust, who she expected should speak for himself and grow as the individual he was; such a personality as he portrayed did not need the world to speak on his behalf. Respect simmered behind pale gold pools as they stroked the waver of his small cupped ears.

For @[Dust] & @[Alina]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Welcome, a fresh generation... (Dust, Any) - by Dust - 12-01-2013, 12:04 PM
RE: Welcome, a fresh generation... (Dust, Any) - by Alina - 12-01-2013, 12:49 PM
RE: Welcome, a fresh generation... (Dust, Any) - by Africa - 12-01-2013, 06:55 PM
RE: Welcome, a fresh generation... (Dust, Any) - by Dust - 12-07-2013, 09:09 AM
RE: Welcome, a fresh generation... (Dust, Any) - by Alina - 12-07-2013, 12:04 PM
RE: Welcome, a fresh generation... (Dust, Any) - by Dust - 12-11-2013, 10:01 PM
RE: Welcome, a fresh generation... (Dust, Any) - by Alina - 12-13-2013, 02:23 PM
RE: Welcome, a fresh generation... (Dust, Any) - by Dust - 12-26-2013, 06:11 AM
RE: Welcome, a fresh generation... (Dust, Any) - by Alina - 12-26-2013, 03:33 PM
RE: Welcome, a fresh generation... (Dust, Any) - by Dust - 12-28-2013, 10:37 PM
RE: Welcome, a fresh generation... (Dust, Any) - by Alina - 12-29-2013, 07:36 AM
RE: Welcome, a fresh generation... (Dust, Any) - by Dust - 01-08-2014, 09:08 PM