the Rift

[OPEN] Welcome, a fresh generation... (Dust, Any)

Alina Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Alina
The dove quickly regretted her somewhat pushy entrance when the grey mare swirled around, seemingly startled. Her intention had not been to alarm the pair and so she felt a tad guilty. Her guilt grew when a strange bird descended from the sky, landed on the mare’s withers and gave Alina a wary gaze. And as the mare spoke, introducing herself and the bird Alina wished she could sink through the red sand and disappear. This mare was her Oracle! So embarrassing!

”Forgive me, Milady. I did not know it was you." Alina said and lowered her head to show her inferiority. ”It was careless of me to barge in like this.” On her lips a slight smile still rested which could be perceived as Alina mocking the mare, but that was absolutely not the case. She was just so used to smiling that sometimes she kept smiling even when she ought not to. And besides, Africa didn’t seem all to upset over the dove’s entrance anyways.

Alina was just about to turn to the colt when she noticed that Africa was missing a wing. The dove had been so concentrated on her own embarrassment that she hadn’t realized that there were nothing more than scarring and a few feathers to one of Africa’s shoulders. She grew still for a moment and then she caught herself just staring at the part of Africa where her wing should have been. Stop starring, you idiot! She told herself and forced her eyes to turn to the colt instead.

Her social skills were not cooperating today, that was for sure!

”Nice to meet you, Dust!” Alina answered the colt. ”I too was recruited from the Threshold not long ago. By a black mare called Skuggi. I promise you that you will love it here! Everybody is no welcoming!” She continued and gave the gray colt a friendly nudge with her soft muzzle on his shoulder.

Since Africa was the oldest and held the highest rank within the trio, Alina was waiting for her to decide if they would continue further into the herdland or stay where they were for a moment. She didn’t want to undermine the dapple’s authority by making suggestions herself so she kept still.

The dove then shook the grains of sand from her body and wings and looked up towards the sun. The young cremello girl rued the day the burning star in the sky would lose its heat and the world would give in to Frostfall. Her skin was thin and she had trouble growing a good winter coat so she often froze. But still the sun was hot and glowing and no snow would fall for a long time.

ooc; sorry for the crappiness xD

bg and flower: locolobo.net

@[Dust]
@[Africa]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Welcome, a fresh generation... (Dust, Any) - by Dust - 12-01-2013, 12:04 PM
RE: Welcome, a fresh generation... (Dust, Any) - by Alina - 12-01-2013, 12:49 PM
RE: Welcome, a fresh generation... (Dust, Any) - by Dust - 12-07-2013, 09:09 AM
RE: Welcome, a fresh generation... (Dust, Any) - by Alina - 12-07-2013, 12:04 PM
RE: Welcome, a fresh generation... (Dust, Any) - by Dust - 12-11-2013, 10:01 PM
RE: Welcome, a fresh generation... (Dust, Any) - by Alina - 12-13-2013, 02:23 PM
RE: Welcome, a fresh generation... (Dust, Any) - by Dust - 12-26-2013, 06:11 AM
RE: Welcome, a fresh generation... (Dust, Any) - by Alina - 12-26-2013, 03:33 PM
RE: Welcome, a fresh generation... (Dust, Any) - by Dust - 12-28-2013, 10:37 PM
RE: Welcome, a fresh generation... (Dust, Any) - by Alina - 12-29-2013, 07:36 AM
RE: Welcome, a fresh generation... (Dust, Any) - by Dust - 01-08-2014, 09:08 PM